Corner Shot / Non Line of sight infantry weapons.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@sayareakd
If u really working on some project on Non-line of sight system then try to make it small & light as possible..

plugwater

so how does this actually work? If a soldier has to change the rifle means does he needs to change the HMD set too ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@sayareakd
This Idea is not good, If i have given that helmet i wont were it, coz its big also it don't give me full protection over my face, A smaller helmet with full cover is good..

This pic is an artist impression from Halo ODST ( PC GAME ), though the helmet deign seems practical to me..

Why?
1. It gives the full cover..
2. compact..
3. Communication and smaller LCD can be installed inside the helmet..
4. Visual would good from inside, as it have a large tinted plastic cover from forhead to the lower lips..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
so how does this actually work? If a soldier has to change the rifle means does he needs to change the HMD set too ?
No, i guess you just have to change few settings with wireless frequency..

another one with wireless scope

Its good, Wireless gives the solider an advantage in running, jumping also it relief the solider from thinking abt the wire hanging around him..

It would be much better in F-INSAS if they provide full cover helmet as i mentioned above Also a inbuilt camera in Rifle..
Also few very-important points mentioned in my previous post at page-2..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

1)i think we need to have oxygen supply if this was designed
2)front frame should be transpert and bullet proof ...
what do u think kunal
1. If this deign became a reality then it will have Air inlets for breathing purposes, same inlets as u have in your two wheeler helmets..
2. Tinted plastic can be transparent, Assuming now if we have such system than it can protect the person from flying debris not high speed projectiles..

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That helmet is good design, we need good design helmet that save the head and the face. you have to design the helmet based on bio and chemical warfare, with provision for small water pipe and helmet mounted display.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
more detail about the pic

http://i37.tinypic.com/rshp34.jpg

Indian Army personnel shows a modified India-made 5.56 mm Insas Rifle which is attached with a camera and an LCD monitor during a seminar on Counter Terrorism Operations, organized by the Red Horn Division of Indian Army in Rangia about 50 kms from Guwahati city, northeast India, 03 November 2009. The seminar was organized by the India Army to critically examine the contemporary issues related to the counter insurgency operations in Assam. The seminar was also aimed to discuss the issues like changing face of insurgency in northeast India and role of Ceasefire Agreements in achieving a solution to eradicate insurgency