Controversially Yours: 'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball' - Shoaib Akhtar

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Galaxy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball' - Shoaib Akhtar

New Delhi: Controversial Pakistani speedster Shoaib Akhtar has created a flutter by openly admitting that he, along with all his contemporaries in the team, have regularly indulged in ball-tampering.

Pakistan fast bowlers over generations have always been under scanner for ball-tampering whenever they have got the ball to swing more than usual but Akhtar is the first to admit that he indulged in the malpractice, which is banned in international cricket.

"Almost all Pakistani fast bowlers have tampered with the ball. I may be the first one to openly admit to it but everybody is doing it," the maverick fast bowler has revealed in his just-published autobiography "Controversially Yours."

"To be honest, every team in the world tampers with the ball. We probably started it but today koi team doodh ki dhooli nahin hain. No team is innocent and virtually every fast bowler does it. That is the only way to survive because the wickets are so slow.

Akhtar, who was twice suspended by International Cricket Council (ICC) for ball tampering during his career, defends the speed merchants for indulging in this illegal cricketing activity.

"After years of not allowing bouncers, in 2001, the ICC ruled that only one would be allowed per over. The pitches are dead and slow and made to order for batting. It's the bowlers who are curtailed. It's like giving match practice to people.

We are hit all over the ground," he lamented in his book.

In his tell-all book, Akhtar cited examples of how he had indulged in doctoring the ball during his playing career. It was in a three-nation tournament in Sri Lanka after 2003 World Cup, the bowler recalled an incident in Dambulla while playing against New Zealand.

'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball': Cricketnext

:pound::lol: :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Illegal and Pakistan has become synonymous these days. What's new?. It might come to a day when word "illegal" might be replaced with "Pakistan". One day a police might say - Hey, you will be booked for your Pakistani activities :lol: :pound:

A.V., Dovah, The Messiah and 2 others like this.
  4. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

^^^ LOL!

I remember when school kids replaced potty with pakistan & Mushraff.

5. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

^^Sachin has more talent in a fingernail than Akhtar has in his whole body.

7. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Well tellbus something that we don't know about Shoaib

8. A.V.

A.V. New Member

DD there takes the cake , booked for pakistani activities LOL , but sachin did best why bother about a has been paper star , i bet malinga has done more than what sohaib has achieved for his country, he should be a bigger star then shoaib claims to be

Tronic likes this.
  9. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

even Sachin's son Arjun has more talent than this paki. This paki has forgotten his aukat..

Interesting fact is, to sell his book he is in India, He knows paki will not buy his books as they are illiterate .They buy books on Taliban or how to make bombs or how to assemble Ak-47 as they understand that better

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dovah and Daredevil like this.
  10. Dr.War

Dr.War Tihar Jail Banned

Yeah this great player cant even make a century in the recent series in England and we know how he plays and what record he has in overseas conditions. I accept he has a great record in sub-continent but other places Nah.
    Sachin is a legend but not a match winner. thats true. He is a great guy No doubt..

11. Dr.War

Dr.War Tihar Jail Banned

yeah Shoaib knows only fools can buy it and that is why he choses India.

12. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

What can we expect from a Pakistani - a smart ass comment without knowing the figures. Please try to prove your comments or rather disprove the statistics below of the Sachin Tendulakar's batting in Tests.

13. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

What else can you expect ? they cant even see there team play international cricket in there own country :laugh:

14. Dr.War

Dr.War Tihar Jail Banned

Shoaib said he was not a match winner in his earlier carrier, but then he improved to make win matches for india when india got dravid, yuvraj, sehwag and sourav in their ranks, before then he was not.

Second thing he said that sachin is afraid of his bouncers when he was not in good form, the stats above shows that sachin has an average of about 40 against pakistan as compared to his overall average of 55 which shows he is uncomfortable with pakistani pacers. I still said sachin is a legend but above is true.

15. Dr.War

Dr.War Tihar Jail Banned

Yeah that is true, but i can expect gibberish from you.

16. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Yes you can because you only deserve rubbish.

17. Dr.War

Dr.War Tihar Jail Banned

Browsing this forum since this month, i found members of this forum is very intolerant.

18. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

The world 'Tolerance' from a paki Bigot does not come out natural.....We all know how tolerant pakis like you are in your failed state, no doubt you have to wear the mask of peace and tolerance when you have to interact with outsiders (especially non-muslims), to hide your ugly violent/vile face (i.e. jihadi nature) and of-course to get hand-outs, support money and alms from the Kufars of the world (learn to work, studies show you people are becoming more of scripture reading freeloaders and a bane on the societies of the world, especially the paki immigrants of in the west, they wanna sit at home and take non-muslim tax payers money as hand-outs, shame)....we very well know what you people have been taught in your madrasas and schools, the indoctrination by your 'deep state', the mode of living in denial and fake islamic fantasies et al .....trust me you bigots can be anything but peaceful and tolerant, try and stay at your-side of the boarder you nut-job!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    gokussj9 likes this.
  19. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Sachin feared only my bowling, Vinod Kambli tells Shoaib Akhtar :laugh:

20. mayfair

mayfair Elite Member Elite Member

Lack of brains can be very hard to tolerate, especially on forum geared towards intelligent discussion.

Reckon, you thought this would be like the def and dumb forum.

21. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member