Congress sweeps municipal elections in Nanded, Maharashtra

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Oct 15, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Few idealistic people like Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal not gonna change the fact that there are enough poverty stricken illiterate people in this country who keep voting Congress, NCP, SP, etc. Obviously to the common man on the street stealing lakhs of crores of the nations wealth does not matter much.

Can any of our Maharashtra members analyse the results ? While Congress has bagged 41 out of a total 81 seats, surprising is Hyderabad based party MIM of Asaduddin Owaisi entry into Maharashtra winning 11 seats to Shiv Sena's 14 and NCP's 10.

Congress(I) - 41
    NCP - 10
    Shiv Sena - 14
    MIM(of Asaduddin Owaisi fame) - 11
    BJP - 2

Congress sweeps municipal elections in Nanded

3. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Good for the people of Nanded. They have chosen the people to rule them, so be it. They should be prepared for the consequences.

4. Kesang

Kesang Regular Member

^^
    Its not party. Its about the person who is contesting election. Between a candidate who belongs to BJP but has a very bad character and corrupt and there is good candidate who belong a congress then i will vote for that good candidate.

When I will vote then I will see the character of that candidate not the party of that candidate.

5. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Good thinking but I'd suggest avoid Congress. Vote any other party but Congress. These guys need to be punished for raping the country in last 8 years. If they come back to power India will truly be converted to Banana republic.

6. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Nothing surprising.

However, I say this again that municipal elections are not right barometer to judge outcome in Loksabha polls. Sometime back people criticized me for saying this because it was BJP/SS who won Muncipal elections in another district of Maharashtra.

btw Nanded urban areas developed very rapidly in last couple of years. People must be happy. MMS did ask one of his close aides to give special attention to Nanded.

7. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Also if Chavan thinks that his position will get some boost, then he is mistaken. It is pretty difficult for him to overshadow Deshmukhs.

8. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

You should also consider the ideology and traditional economic policy of party.Having clean character doesn't make you superior.Best example is Manmohan Singh. I support BJP for its economic policies, rest don't matter.If it fails to go by its ideology, I won't vote it and try to search other party with similar policies or simply won't vote. I always mark that there's a big difference between Indian voters and American voters. They always consider the issues which related to nation not person. And that debate system is awesome.

Raj30 and iNDiAN.96 like this.
  9. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

not all follow your path.most of the people vote for party only especially illiterates..

10. Drona

Drona Guest

Municipal elections in India is mockery of democracy.
    Ex. In Pune.
    We have 2 corporators (Nagar Sevaks) in one sector from each party. Every sector has average 30,000 voters , 50% don't vote., rest 15,000. let's say total 6 candidates are appearing in election from main parties most of which have at least 1000 fixed votes, in rest 9000 voters one (Sp. NCP/Congi) can buy 5000 votes by distributing Rs. 2000-10000 per person/family. its really easy to buy votes in municipal elections. People are corrupt , they want extra gas, water connections.

But buying votes in MP/MLA elections in bit costly, so I am little bit hopeful for 2014 loksabha elections.