Congress now targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi government event

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by rock127, May 26, 2016.

1. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Congress now targets Amitabh Bachchan over Modi government event

A bid by the Congress to hit out at the NDA government seemed to backfire on Wednesday. The Congress had taken a pot shot at the Centre over reports that Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan would host the bash to celebrate the Modi government's two years in power. The star however clarified to Times Now that it would be actor R Madhavan , and not him, who would host the event.

[​IMG]

The Congress had angled not only at the NDA government but also the senior Bachchan when it questioned the propriety of having Bachchan as the host. "We have no objection if the Prime Minister participates in any sort of a programme with Amitabh Bachchan," said Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala.

"But there is one thing to keep in mind. When there is an investigation into an individual for black money, and the PM takes part in a programme hosted by that individual, what sort of a message does it send to the investigation agencies? There is a need to keep this in mind," Surjewala added.

Surjewala's comment was in reference to the presence of Amitabh Bachchan's name in the Panama Papers leak, alleging that he was illicitly stashing black money in overseas accounts.

However, Amitabh Bachchan told Times Now that he was only hosting a small segment of the programme on the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' scheme of the Centre, for which he is the brand ambassador.

"I don't think they (Congress) are aware that I am not hosting the event. I have been invited as the brand ambassador of the 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' campaign. It is up to the government to decide whether to have me there or not," the senior Bachchan told Times Now, pointing out that he was also a United Nations Ambassador for the Girl Child.

The Congress's charge was met with derision by the BJP. "I think this shows the Congress has completely lost the plot," BJP spokesperson Shaina NC said.

The two-year anniversary programme of the NDA government is set to take place on May 28 at the India Gate, and is set to feature a number of prominent faces from Bollywood.

======================================================================================

First the forced affidavit for allegiance to Sonia/Rahul and now this attempt to attack Amitabh.

Seems like CONgress is making mistakes after mistakes and digging it's own grave.

CONgress has LOST the Plot. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

@Abhijat @A chauhan @Alien @alphacentury @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @blueblood @brational @Bangalorean @Blackwater @Bornubus @bose @cobra commando @DingDong @DFI_COAS @ersakthivel @gpawar @guru-dutt @hit&run @Indx TechStyle @jackprince @Kharavela @Illusive @I_PLAY_BAD @LETHALFORCE @Lions Of Punjab @maomao @Mad Indian @OneGrimPilgrim @Peter @pmaitra @Razor @raja696 @Rowdy @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @saty @sydsnyper @Srinivas_K @Screambowl @sorcerer @Simple_Guy @Sylex21 @wickedone @tarunraju @TrueSpirit2 @thethinker @VIP @Vishwarupa @VIP @Varahamihira @roma

3. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

No case pending against Amitabh Bachchan as of now, and Congress is objecting his stage sharing with govt. While there is a Big prima facie case pending against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi (of 5000 crores) Congress should stop sharing stage with them and stop fighting elections but ohh wait ! RG & SG themselves are Congress. What a hypocrite opportunistic corrupt party !

4. abingdonboy

abingdonboy Senior Member Senior Member

I do think he is the wrong person to be doing something like this especially with the Panama scandal hanging over his head.

+ I have little knowledge on these sorts of things but wasn't AB somehow linked/tied/close to the Gandhis back in the 1980s? Wasn't there some sort of scandel regarding him and the 1984 attrocities?

Now he's in the BJP/Modi camp?

FRYCRY and raja696 like this.
  5. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Absolutely agree with BJP going with some one else.

The problem for the opposition is, most if their leadership is facing much more serious allegations than AB and are still sitting in the parliament.

It's the classic case of pot calling the kettle as black.

Coming to BJP & AB, and more importantly the whole film industry, I think, there is a huge split where a large section of film industry people are now openly BJP supporters, which was not the case before.

6. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

In my town, people are judging performance of Modi, praising and cursing but nobody can even think of vote for khangress again. :p

Bharat Ek Khoj, VIP, raja696 and 5 others like this.
  7. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    AB was friends with Rajiv, from schooldays IIRC. on his insistence alone forayed into politics reluctantly. failed. later on made friends with amar singh of SP, or rather, the other way round. it was during the vibrant Gujarat campaign when NaMo approached AB to work with him. AB agreed and that too without charging a sum, impressed by NaMo's work IIRC, from whence the friendship took off.
    Tapatalked!

8. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

Yes but his popularity has gone down from 67% in 2014 to 62% now as per a recent survey. Of course that doesn't mean that those 5% are now supporting congis. Just saying.

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  9. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

That's normal for any politician. The initial exuberance for change usually is met with disappointment. Anyway, the slide of popularity is rather less, actually. It does indicate that a large part is still holding hope. Also, the more informed people, who initially supported Modi, is still receiving information of various development works being done at an exceptional pace. So, overall, the 5% slide is actually positive for a 2 year old Govt.

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  10. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Its a UPHILL task to clean the mess created by CONgress for last 70 years.

Let's wait for 5 years at least.

11. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

That's because schemes have just started to deliver, his popularity will increase once people start to see the effects of the schemes.

Kshatriya87 likes this.