Congratulations Anju bobby George--- Silver medal upgraded to Gold

vram

Country flag
Guys Anju Bobby Georges silver medal was upgraded to gold with this move -

"Anju is now the only Indian track and field athlete to have won a gold medal in a world meet," he added.
For Anju George, winning gold is a case of better late than never | Firstpost

I know this is an old event. But come on guys the only Indian to win a gold medal in a atheletic event. Dont you think this deserves front page article. And before any one says it might not have been earned as it is automatic upgrade...read this article

Anju Bobby George is now a gold medallist - The Hindu

Speaking to our Principal Correspondent in Bangalore, an elated Anju said: "At last it has come. I have been waiting for it for nine years. It really feels like justice."

"For those three years — 2003, 04 and 05, I was one of the best in the world. I knew everyone ahead of me was doing it (doping), but I was helpless because I couldn't prove it. I always had my doubts about Kotova," Anju said.

"But I am proud that I stood up. Only the top-eight athletes in the world can participate in this event. Looking at the line-up I competed against I can say that I am like the world champion."
Kudos Anju may your tribe grow....

Last edited:

tramp

Congrats Anju!
Remember the bane of doping has been there all through ... including at India's national level, but sports administrators have turned a blind eye.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Kerala women are very athletic.

Good for Anju Bobby.

Recognition better late than never!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles