Cong tears into PM's foreign policy

Zebra

Country flag
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-into-pm-s-foreign-policy-116051801741_1.html

Cong tears into PM's foreign policy

Press Trust of India | New Delhi May 18, 2016 Last Updated at 22:13 IST

The Congress today tore into Prime Minister Narendra Modi's handling of foreign policy, saying he has been an "embarrassment" to India and told him sarcastically that international relations are not about being "feted" by world leaders.

The Congress also cited some developments in the neighbourhood to buttress its assessment while seeking to project that the Prime Minister, whose government completes two years next week, has been an "embarrassment" to the country in the field of foreign affairs.

"Under the watchful eyes of Narendra Modi, USA agreed to sell F-16s to Pakistan; India's old friend, Russia lifted its weapons embargo on Pakistan, and China is stifling us in our own neighbourhood," the Congress said.

In a hard hitting commentary titled " 'Foreign Minister' Narendra Modi has been an embarrassment for India", the AICC faulted the Prime Minister on several counts.

"Modi, disregarded the innate wisdom of our foreign policy, which has resulted in India being further isolated in South Asia. India's flip-flops on Pakistan have confused security experts from across the world." it said in the commentary posted on the party's website.

It contended that developments including Modi's surprise visit to Pakistan, the Pathankot attack, and then the invitation extended to the Pakistani JIT, which included the ISI, to visit India's sensitive air-force base, has "defied all logic".

"And the Modi Government's statements almost seem to be at pains to exonerate the Pakistani establishment rather than corner it", it said.

Last year, Modi became the first PM of India to humiliate his own country on foreign soil by making the embarrassing claim that "being born Indian was earlier considered to be a curse", it said.

"The nation that Modi most wanted approval from was USA, the country which denied him a visa in the aftermath of the 2002 riots," it said adding that the USA has been busy blocking India at the WTO. The ruling in February has hurt India's National Solar Mission.

"Modi must realise that international relations are not about being feted by world leaders, but about ensuring that your own country's interests & the interests of the common man, back home, are not hurt", he added.

Zebra

Country flag
^^
Forget everything else, first of all let us know ........ (socially when they talk about "foreign policy")...........

How many countries the Indian (congressi) PM visited in last decade, just to improve bilateral relations.............!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Kshatriya87

Country flag
"Under the watchful eyes of Narendra Modi, USA agreed to sell F-16s to Pakistan; India's old friend, Russia lifted its weapons embargo on Pakistan, and China is stifling us in our own neighbourhood," the Congress said.
1. So no weapons were sold to porkis during congress rule? Hypocrites.
2. I'm not sure if russian arms sale to porkis was because of Modi policy.
3. remind me who was if BJP or Congress was ruling during 1962?

It contended that developments including Modi's surprise visit to Pakistan, the Pathankot attack, and then the invitation extended to the Pakistani JIT, which included the ISI, to visit India's sensitive air-force base, has "defied all logic".
I did not know that ISI was included in that visit. True?

Last year, Modi became the first PM of India to humiliate his own country on foreign soil by making the embarrassing claim that "being born Indian was earlier considered to be a curse", it said.
Now that is really not a good statement to make. There I agree.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Bhailog, why does it deserve a thread? Congress is a dying party with zombies in the rank and file clutching to the coattails of a moribund dynasty. Who but the fake intellectuals of Lutyens care about what they say? They are thoroughly irrelevant in any discourse of national stage, let alone discourse on foreign policy.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Bhailog, why does it deserve a thread? Congress is a dying party with zombies in the rank and file clutching to the coattails of a moribund dynasty. Who but the fake intellectuals of Lutyens care about what they say? They are thoroughly irrelevant in any discourse of national stage, let alone discourse on foreign policy.
I think it still makes sense but not in Foreign relations section, but in member's corner under jokes section!!

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I did not know that ISI was included in that visit. True?
True! Led by Punjab counter-terrorism department’s Additional Inspector-General Muhammad Tahir Rai, the members of the JIT included Deputy Director General of Pakistan’s Intelligence Bureau Mohammed Azim Arshad, military intelligence officer Lieutenant Colonel Irfan Mirza and Lieutenant-Colonel Tanvir Ahmad, who is serving with the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Maybe modi & his todis have feel ashamed of being born in india no one else, he is making one stupid statement after another...last time he was comparing somalia a soverign country with kerela ,PM of a country need to have some sense & should maintaine some decorum but that is not expected from illiterate Jumla master

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Maybe modi & his todis have feel ashamed of being born in india no one else, he is making one stupid statement after another...last time he was comparing somalia a soverign country with kerela ,PM of a country need to have some sense & should maintaine some decorum but that is not expected from illiterate Jumla master
Well he compared tribal areas of Kerala and he was right about it.

Zebra

Country flag
I read it somewhere, that in his early days, god of cricket was playing cricket in his city against some team.

His coach was watching the game, from pavilion of that ground.

All of a sudden, the coach send a chit to the god of cricket.

There was a message for the god of cricket.

And the message was ---> "don't respect the bowlers".

What happened next, is part of history.

Here in our case, our poor PM , he keep watching here and there for similar kind of event.

But unfortunately , it never happen, as of today.

Something like his 'coach' can send a chit, with a message written on it like ....... "don't respect the oppositions".

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Well he compared tribal areas of Kerala and he was right about it.
doesnt matter its not a job of a PM ,what if obama had made such statement comparing poorest part of america to india..the hypernationalist on net would have gone blitzkrieg

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
doesnt matter its not a job of a PM ,what if obama had made such statement comparing poorest part of america to india..the hypernationalist on net would have gone blitzkrieg
Well it is pest(oops left) infested den. No need to blow things out of proportion.

Anyway, Modi has made many guffaws. The above one hardly qualifies as one!

Gessler

Country flag
LOL...some years ago Sitaram Yechury went to China and came back saying that if India & China are to enjoy better relations, India must drop cooperation with Japan. I wondered at that point if he was talking in India's interest or China's interest....THEN I realized Communism was on a downfall in India and whatever these fools say or do counts for nothing.

They're not here to fight for India's cause - they are self-centered morons looking out for themselves.

And today, I realized that Congress has now fallen to that level. Well, I guess it's not surprising as soon INC won't be any more relevant to the Indian political situation as any Commie party is.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Congress is unable to understand NDA's foreign policy or wants to confuse voters on it so this BS.

And it seems that a good going foreign policy has suffered due to negative media campaign by Congis. Now somewhat weakened stance.

I see many idiots on Whatsapp and other places who question our foreign policy, I see it's easy to fool the negligent.

bose

Country flag
who was the Congress spokesmen ?? Most of them are hiding nowadays ... where is Rahul baba ? still playing with its dogs ?

The negative attitude of Congress will only accelerate congress mukth Bharath...

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Congress is unable to understand NDA's foreign policy or wants to confuse voters on it so this BS.

And it seems that a good going foreign policy has suffered due to negative media campaign by Congis. Now somewhat weakened stance.

I see many idiots on Whatsapp and other places who question our foreign policy, I see it's easy to fool the negligent.
how do you deal with them? or do you deal with them?
i want to create a thread where we could compile propag@ndu countering info on various issues for mutual benefit, so that we can use those in our personal battles with the ignorant & the malicious. one can also ask in there any info to counter and demolish any (specific) propag@ndu to which others can reply on how and what to say/write to deliver an effective roundhouse kick (and may be also jump in as reinforcements to deliver fatal counter-blows as and when possible & time permits).

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
who was the Congress spokesmen ?? Most of them are hiding nowadays ... where is Rahul baba ? still playing with its dogs ?

The negative attitude of Congress will only accelerate congress mukth Bharath...
Raul Baby is not going to take any responsibility and neither his mom.This incapable and undeserving Dynastic family has to be forcibly evacuated and DE-throwned.

Recent Agusta Scam + other Defense scams have degraded CONgress more and on TimesNow the chair for CONgress was empty as they were too afraid to come.On other channels some other minnows were seen and recently saw that boring repetitive idiotic Sanjay Jhalla with his stupid hand movements on some channel.he used to be the main spokesperson before they lost election. :dude:

Now some voices are coming within CONgress from senior leaders for a change and Doggy Singh even said to do Surgery since Aatm-Manthan is not enough.

It's just 2 years and CONgress has started seeing their worst time ever which Vajpayee predicted long time back in opposition on which CONgress laughed.

Zebra

Country flag
LOL...some years ago Sitaram Yechury went to China and came back saying that if India & China are to enjoy better relations, India must drop cooperation with Japan. I wondered at that point if he was talking in India's interest or China's interest....THEN I realized Communism was on a downfall in India and whatever these fools say or do counts for nothing.

They're not here to fight for India's cause - they are self-centered morons looking out for themselves.

And today, I realized that Congress has now fallen to that level. Well, I guess it's not surprising as soon INC won't be any more relevant to the Indian political situation as any Commie party is.
Sir, they can / may think what ever they like.

But the reality is, if India become a communist zombie state then first of all what will happen .....................

watch this video @ 52:43 ( and specifically @ 58:50 ) onwards ...............................

Uploaded on Jan 20, 2011, by GBPPR2

raja696

Sir, they can / may think what ever they like.

But the reality is, if India become a communist zombie state then first of all what will happen .....................

watch this video @ 52:43 ( and specifically @ 58:50 ) onwards ...............................

Uploaded on Jan 20, 2011, by GBPPR2
Yes I watched the video, ur right abt yechury and he deserves it :) . Do you believe what he was saying about east pakistan is true that creation of mukti bahini has nothing to do with ground revolution against then west pakistan. Sounds like bull but want ur opinion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles