Conduction a foreign relationship with a "new" country - our Diaspora.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Often a great project is based on a small core - just one or perhaps two ideas - but build on it and grows and grows further , on and on .

In china they have received a heck of a lot of direct foreign investments from the Chinese people who migrated overseas "¦.

If we look at India , we too have a lot of people individuals and families who are living elsewhere - especially in the usa and Canada but also in europe

IF we add up their numbers , it amounts to somewhere near 20 million at the last count a few years ago - now that is the size of a medium-sized European nation and that explains why I have lodged this post under the foreign relations section - I.e. our relationship with our very own diaspora is equivalent with to the relationship with a foreign country in terms of population size but not so in terms of familiarity and recognition - and ability to communicate, religiously or culturally.

Many of them are completely unaware of the challenges that India is facing and would like to do something if only they were aware

Just as china has benefited from their Diaspora , shouldn't India as well .

A practical suggestion - should dfi try to obtain the emails and thereby contact poi's ( people of Indian origin ) who are living abroad and invite them to be members of this forum ?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Re: Conduction a foreign relationship with a "new" country - our Diasp

besides that young bengali origin guy of 15 yrs who is doing just fine at uni in the usa - here is another example of overseas indian nri talent - why should we lose out in tapping their talent ?

Tanishq Abraham, Nine-Year-Old Prodigy, Inducted Into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society

btw this also helps explain why i think the usa is a real and important friend to india and that we should try to understand them better and co-operate more with them .

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles