Computer Console Gaming thread

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Just came to my knowledge that Steel Armor Blaze of War - This Tank Simulator has now famous in Indian Armoured corps officers.
You Should Play Europa 4 Universalis A Strategic Game in Which You could play as Mewar Rana Sangha And Rana Pratap ,Vijay nagar basically every single factiona in the world from 1444 to 1821 Even The Marathas even British India and revolt against the British (with mod )

Last edited:

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Just came to my knowledge that Steel Armor Blaze of War - This Tank Simulator has now famous in Indian Armoured corps officers.
And you should also play Crusader Kings 2 with Rajas Of India DLC this is a very unique game in which you could have a royal marriage or even declare a Holy War against Infideils (Like Real Crusaders) I Took the Hindu Gurjara Pratihara Faction and declared a holy war on muslim habbari and destroyed them forcefully converted muslims to Hinduism and married a muslim princess

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Hi friends

Want to upgarde my old Desktop PC.I need your advice on hardware and sw upgrade.I would only upgrading my CPU as mointor,keyboard and mouse are working fine.My old harware configuration is as follows

1)processor : intel core2 duo
2)Intel motherboard
3)2 gb ram ddr2
4)250GB seagate harddisk
5)DVD -RW DL sony
6)It also had video/graphaic card of nvedia but it didn`t use my PC for gaming

Keyboard and mouse where of microsoft , i doubt i have there sw/cd.can i use them on new upgraded cpu or i require there sw/cd

only thing i knew is that i am going use 12gb of ram.plus hardidsk capacity of 500GB or may me more(kindly advice)

also want to add wifi and bluetooth finctionality in my upgarded PC.

so please advice from both hardware and software point.I mean which product of which company.

I cannot buy laptop as PC is also used by my parents.

Does i require installtion cd/sw of old keyboard/mouse/spekaers so as to be able to use in new upgraded PC

Nu budget is around 15K to 20k

Note : can i add/use old harddisk with new harddisk attched in new/upgraded cpu as i want those files/folders at present in old harddisk ?

Thanks
Used system Chahiye Ki New
Uske Hisab Se Rig Banagi Bhai

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Asus announces new ROG Strix GL554 compact gaming notebook in India

Asus Republic of Gamers has announced the ROG Strix GL553 which is the company’s new gaming notebook in India. The company had announced the product at CES 2017 at Las Vegas.

The 15.6-inch notebook features Asus’ ROG gamer styling and the company plans to showcase the notebook at its Bangalore ROG Store launch scheduled later this month.

The GL553 features the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti/1050 graphics and a gamer-friendly keyboard with Asus Aura which offers four distinct lighting areas, 30-key rollover and 2.5mm key travel.

Other features include a brushed black aluminum finish with an illuminated ROG logo and Cooling Overdrive system which gives customised fan speeds for thermal management. The laptop can be configured with a Core i5 or Core i7 processor with upto 32GB of RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD as standard with an option of SATAIII 128/256GB M.2 SSD.

Peter Chang, regional head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India commented, “The product is aimed at the young professionals who enjoy regular-through-heavy gaming sessions and premium entertainment when on the go, and in their spare time. In order to ensure this, we included a powerful, yet efficient set of hardware into a highly portable device that is easy on the battery as well.”

The notebook is priced at Rs 94,990.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
HI friends

Which is good anti-virus in market which provides overall good protection without making system slow

specailly able to catch virus/malwares

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
HI friends

Which is good anti-virus in market which provides overall good protection without making system slow

specailly able to catch virus/malwares
hi.
in free ones, non-intrusive - avira
a little intrusive - avast

i use both. using malwarebytes anti-malware alongwith just windows defender is also said to be enough.

Krusty

Country flag
Asus announces new ROG Strix GL554 compact gaming notebook in India

Asus Republic of Gamers has announced the ROG Strix GL553 which is the company’s new gaming notebook in India. The company had announced the product at CES 2017 at Las Vegas.

The 15.6-inch notebook features Asus’ ROG gamer styling and the company plans to showcase the notebook at its Bangalore ROG Store launch scheduled later this month.

The GL553 features the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 processor with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti/1050 graphics and a gamer-friendly keyboard with Asus Aura which offers four distinct lighting areas, 30-key rollover and 2.5mm key travel.

Other features include a brushed black aluminum finish with an illuminated ROG logo and Cooling Overdrive system which gives customised fan speeds for thermal management. The laptop can be configured with a Core i5 or Core i7 processor with upto 32GB of RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD as standard with an option of SATAIII 128/256GB M.2 SSD.

Peter Chang, regional head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India commented, “The product is aimed at the young professionals who enjoy regular-through-heavy gaming sessions and premium entertainment when on the go, and in their spare time. In order to ensure this, we included a powerful, yet efficient set of hardware into a highly portable device that is easy on the battery as well.”

The notebook is priced at Rs 94,990.
Guys if anyone is seriously looking at hardcore gaming, just get a desktop. Unless you absolutely need to work on the move which you probably won't because gaming laptops are run way too hot. 'Gaming laptops' are just to rip off money. Get a good desktop and a decent notebook. 1Lakh is way too much for the performance of 1050/1050ti. Just not worth it. Marketing gimmick is exactly what gaming laptops are.

Full disclosure: I owned two Alienware laptops and currently using an MSI. Because I'm always on the move. Personally, I'd have a desktop, does everything better except fitting into a bag.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Guys if anyone is seriously looking for hardcore gaming, just get a desktop. Unless you absolutely need to work on the move which you probably won't because gaming laptops are run way too hot. 'Gaming laptops' are just to rip off money. Get a good desktop and a decent notebook. 1Lakh is way too much for the performance of 1050/1050ti. Just not worth it.

Full disclosure: I owned two Alienware laptops and currently using an MSI. Because I'm always on the move. Personally, I'd have a desktop, does everything better.
gaming laptops are anyway targetted at/make sense when you seek portability for whatever reasons. and a cheaper gaming laptop should be able to meet your needs if you dont look forward to playing the latest & the greatest & are not a hardcore gamer.

speaking of which, a coursemate of mine took fancy to gaming & has been playing them (not the latest or AAA titles) on his old laptop ever since he came back from the sea recently. am gonna dispatch a DVD case full of games soon to motivate him further & keep him hooked. :biggrin2:

he seemed interested in buying a new laptop that'll also fulfill his gaming needs. at low budget i spotted this y'day - http://www.amazon.in/MSI-CX62-7QL-15-6-inch-i7-7500U/dp/B01N64XLAT

Krusty

Country flag
gaming laptops are anyway targetted at/make sense when you seek portability for whatever reasons. and a cheaper gaming laptop should be able to meet your needs if you dont look forward to playing the latest & the greatest & are not a hardcore gamer.

speaking of which, a coursemate of mine took fancy to gaming & has been playing them (not the latest or AAA titles) on his old laptop ever since he came back from the sea recently. am gonna dispatch a DVD case full of games soon to motivate him further & keep him hooked. :biggrin2:

he seemed interested in buying a new laptop that'll also fulfill his gaming needs. at low budget i spotted this y'day - http://www.amazon.in/MSI-CX62-7QL-15-6-inch-i7-7500U/dp/B01N64XLAT
Bro, how many gaming laptops are quiet enough, run cool enough and are light enough to be used on the move? Gaming on the move just doesn't work. If it's just spreadsheets and browsing, what's wrong with a Low end notebook? Get a blazing desktop for home. I couldn't use my Alienware on the move for ten minutes cause it sounds like an SU30 on full after burner. The laptop feels Equally hot. And it doesn't matter because the battery won't last Long enough to do anything anyway. I ended up cooking the motherboard. My MSI isn't much different as to how it runs.

The worst part is, if you constantly run your gaming laptop like that, your components are sure to fail soon.

What is your Friend looking for? Does he work on the move?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Bro, how many gaming laptops are quiet enough, run cool enough and are light enough to be used on the move? Gaming on the move just doesn't work. If it's just spreadsheets and browsing, what's wrong with a Low end notebook? Get a blazing desktop for home. I couldn't use my Alienware on the move for ten minutes cause it sounds like an SU30 on full after burner. The laptop feels Equally hot. And it doesn't matter because the battery won't last Long enough to do anything anyway. I ended up cooking the motherboard. My MSI isn't much different as to how it runs.

The worst part is, if you constantly run your gaming laptop like that, your components are sure to fail soon.

What is your Friend looking for? Does he work on the move?
light & quiet, certainly not. however, where you arent left with any choice, cant have a desktop, & need to attend to your nature's call to take some headshots like urgently, you have these! on the move doesnt necessarily mean gaming while travelling. but even being in places where you cant have a desktop, it makes sense. work ka work, play ka play. i have a laptop that could be termed as kind of gaming one of yesteryears, purchased a little more than a decade years ago (during 2nd/3rd year of my hostel-habitation period). initially played a lot on it, once something got fried on its mobo too under the warranty period, got it replaced, since then has had no major prob. battery ofc died long back. now its been relegated to downloading-duties since past few years.

my friend stays 6-8 months at sea. no scope for a gaming desktop in such a scenario. he seemed interested in buying a mid-budget gaming laptop.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Now Thia is the actual point isn't it? Do you do this regularly? Regular enough for you to make the compromise?
personally for me i dont want to nor would like to make a compromise. i am from those who like to keep both their hands full. :biggrin2:
like for instance, i already have a desktop for gaming (although am stuck like a magnet to my consoles) but for those times when am travelling & spending time elsewhere for longer than just a brief period, i'd definitely look for & buy a laptop that has a dedicated GPU & other strong specs within my budget rather than a ho-hum one that allows only for work & browsing. noise, weight, etc. are not restricting factors for me as am not a hardcore gamer nor spend long or regular time gaming (more than occasional, but not regular, but gaming-capability is absolutely needed!), and am notorious for travelling & even trekking heavy! :D (though i have to begun to reconsider & give a serious thought about this recently; have a PS Vita to cater to a little gaming urge OTG as wouldnt be buying/carrying a hefty gaming-capable laptop during the coming time due to some risks/hazards involved.)

for my friend, case is a little different than mine.

Last edited:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
BTW speaking of compromises & gaming (laptops), i'd definitley make one though - i would never blow a lakh or two on a gaming laptop. neither my use nor gaming need(s) would warrant such an expenditure. that kind of money would be better spent on a gaming desktop. am perfectly fine with playing outdated good games (as am the 'mountain man', like late Dashrath Maanjhi. only that i've a mountain of pending games & pending tasks! :D) & dont go bonkers for/over the 'laytesht' blockbuster cutting-edge gfx ones. its not as if am going to go interstellar & wont be back to play on my desktop/consoles. so, not frenzied about/with those expensive, actual gaming laptops.

BTW how about the idea of using an external GPU with a laptop (ofc not OTG)?! ;)
cheaper than a desktop build (if you DIY i suppose). anyone here tried it ever?!

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
BTW speaking of compromises & gaming (laptops), i'd definitley make one though - i would never blow a lakh or two on a gaming laptop. neither my use nor gaming need(s) would warrant such an expenditure. that kind of money would be better spent on a gaming desktop. am perfectly fine with playing outdated good games (as am the 'mountain man', like late Dashrath Maanjhi. only that i've a mountain of pending games & pending tasks! :D) & dont go bonkers for/over the 'laytesht' blockbuster cutting-edge gfx ones. its not as if am going to go interstellar & wont be back to play on my desktop/consoles. so, not frenzied about/with those expensive, actual gaming laptops.

BTW how about the idea of using an external GPU with a laptop (ofc not OTG)?! ;)
cheaper than a desktop build (if you DIY i suppose). anyone here tried it ever?!
well there are alienware and asus graphic amplifier along with amd which allows you to take a pc graphics card and make it work with the laptop but last time i checked it was 15000 Rupees of alienware(used one of course) real i think is 20000INR

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
one things for sure never buy net protector anti virus
why? not good at protection?

well there are alienware and asus graphic amplifier along with amd which allows you to take a pc graphics card and make it work with the laptop but last time i checked it was 15000 Rupees of alienware(used one of course) real i think is 20000INR
i think the one i had seen selling (used) was for a mac @25k

anoop_mig25

Country flag
hi.
in free ones, non-intrusive - avira
a little intrusive - avast

i use both. using malwarebytes anti-malware alongwith just windows defender is also said to be enough.
what about paid one as free editions do not provide full protection

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
why? not good at protection?
very poor even some poor antivirus like avira makes it eat dust and that net protector uses kasperskys engine and uses quickheals database(another Indian company) but they are making their own engine though it is also an Bhartiyan company
i think the one i had seen selling (used) was for a mac @25k
wait for thunderbolt man all of the expensive graphics dock like of asus,alienware,msi will go

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles