Commonwealth Games 2014: GLASGOW, Scotland

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Disappointed with Boxing. Missing that last mile punch needed to get the gold. Pretty much all finalist opponents of Indians were league apart from them. Need to work on this. Nevertheless, silver is an honorable achievement too.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Our Gold medals to Silver medals ration compared to other top 10 medal nations indicates that Indian athletes are falling short at the final stage by a lot compared to other country athletes.

See the medal tally to understand

tramp

Yes the conversion rate is too low. Eng has 1:1 gold and silver; australia even better. Canada has 2:1.. even scotland better... where is India slipping?

Our Gold medals to Silver medals ration compared to other top 10 medal nations indicates that Indian athletes are falling short at the final stage by a lot compared to other country athletes.

See the medal tally to understand

Free Karma

From the ones I watched, Boxing it seemed like pure stamina or strategy. They do a lot of work in the first round, but by second half of the third round that energy just goes away, and the other guy starts to come out on top, and by the third it comes down to flailing away aimlessly.

Wrestling and badminton seemed liked nervousness. An interview with the wrestling coach said that some of the guys and girls who missed out were just nervous (gave the examples of Satyavarth and bajrang, who looked monstrous through the games, but lost meekly in the finals), and badminton there were so many unforced errors. Todays doubles match...5 game points lost, and going on to lose the game , PV sindhu losing out to a much more lower ranked player, similarly Guru Sai dutt , after being on match point, loses the entire game.

Maybe it's also a feeling of satisfactiona nd not trying hard enough after losing an advantage (I already have a silver....)

Anyway next up will be the Asian games at incheon, so hopefully they can analyze these mistakes and do okay there, though I think those games will be harder than these games.

ladder

Country flag
From the ones I watched, Boxing it seemed like pure stamina or strategy. They do a lot of work in the first round, but by second half of the third round that energy just goes away, and the other guy starts to come out on top, and by the third it comes down to flailing away aimlessly.

Wrestling and badminton seemed liked nervousness. An interview with the wrestling coach said that some of the guys and girls who missed out were just nervous (gave the examples of Satyavarth and bajrang, who looked monstrous through the games, but lost meekly in the finals), and badminton there were so many unforced errors. Todays doubles match...5 game points lost, and going on to lose the game , PV sindhu losing out to a much more lower ranked player, similarly Guru Sai dutt , after being on match point, loses the entire game.

Maybe it's also a feeling of satisfactiona nd not trying hard enough after losing an advantage (I already have a silver....)

Anyway next up will be the Asian games at incheon, so hopefully they can analyze these mistakes and do okay there, though I think those games will be harder than these games.
Very well said, I also feel many of them lacked killer instinct. Though I liked Devendro's style of boxing, but he was against a tough opponent.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Lack of evidence?? . He was caught drink driving without licence . Last I heard indian embassy official involved in the case . Shifarish Lati honi lolllll
Some backdoor deal happened for sure.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles