Commonwealth Games 2014: GLASGOW, Scotland

apple

Dont understand why they would replace archery fairly popular sport...sure fire medals for us in those :D They also dropped about 18 shooting events and 6 greco-roman wrestling events,, all were medal prospects for us :(

But they did include judo which has given us 4 medals :)
Not sure about archery being popular, or even fairly popular as you've said. But, it's certainly a traditional sport that belongs at the Commonwealth games.

As for shooting and wrestling, did you mean 18 and 6 events, or 18 and 6 medals? Apart from competitions for; skeet, (some kind of) rifle and (some kind of) pistol, I myself would consider shooting events not necessary.

Wrestling is very gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

India beat Canada 4-2 at hockey.
That's like India beaing Canada in cricket, or Canada beating India in ice hockey. A country with the tradition of success India has in hockey should be ashamed to conceed two goals to Canada.

They should include Kabaddi in CWG and dump silly sports like 'Lawn Bowling'. Lawn Bowling ! wtf !! :dude:
Lawn bowls is awesome. I can't wait to get old so I spend every weekend down the lawns bowls club.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Not sure about archery being popular, or even fairly popular as you've said. But, it's certainly a traditional sport that belongs at the Commonwealth games.
The link is to an excellent article about the "English longbow", which is of course the "Welsh longbow."

WELCOME/CROESO - WARBOW WALES

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
worse performance by Indians as compare to Delhi 2010.. exposed bad sport ministry and facilities and politics
paji, most of gold medals which india can win is from group games like hockey, badminton, squash etc. And the CWG is not over yet as many group matches from shooting is remaining

Blackwater

pakistan won first silver medal:thumb::thumb::thumb:

mubarka to my fellow pakistani members

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
India wins Gold and Silver in Men's 77 Kg Weightlifting!!

Sivalingum and K Ravi Kumar the names.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles