Colour photos of Russia---a century ago

ashdoc

Country flag
These are also photographs of a peaceful russia --a prelude to catastrophe........

Soon the world war one would begin , and the lives of many of the people shown here would be shattered forever........

Millions would be killed , but even the ending of the war would bring no peace to mother russia........

The russian revolution ,and the attempt by the western powers to crush it would lead to civil war and great destruction !!

Soon would follow the massacres of the brutal ,paranoid dictator Stalin ,one of the worst tyrants in world history ,who would kill 20 million russians ..........

Millions would be shipped to concentration camps in frosty siberia to work and die in biting cold.....

Followed by the invasion by hitler's panzers ,and the utter devastation of the land ........

Finally ,at the end of it all , superpower status.........

A status won by a victory written in blood........as hitlers armies are driven back to berlin......

To get an idea of this terrible era , watch the movie DR ZHIVAGO

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Incredible photos. Also, whatever technique the photographer used, the photos have come out looking better than most consumer cameras nowdays. Extremely sharp and vivid. Thanks!

amoy

the massacres of the brutal ,paranoid dictator Stalin ,one of the worst tyrants in world history ,who would kill 20 million russians ..........
+++++++++++
did Dr Zhivago witness all that?

Dont forget what Russia was like (an ailing man of Europe) before 'the worst Tyrant' Joseph Stallin, and after him Soviet Union's ascent to a world power in all respects, even till today

ashdoc

Country flag
the massacres of the brutal ,paranoid dictator Stalin ,one of the worst tyrants in world history ,who would kill 20 million russians ..........
+++++++++++
did Dr Zhivago witness all that?

Dont forget what Russia was like (an ailing man of Europe) before 'the worst Tyrant' Joseph Stallin, and after him Soviet Union's ascent to a world power in all respects, even till today
Are you a commie ?? I think so ,considering your angry reaction ..........

Look ,There is no doubt that Stalin was responsible for Soviet Union's ascent to world power status ..........not only that , it was he and only he who saved not only russia ,but the world from hitler in the second world war ,as only he had the brutality ,and above all sheer willpower and iron resolve ,to drive the russian people ( by using his terror machine ) to resist the german invaders.

Lesser people like the czar or the current rulers of russia would have failed to stop the rentless german panzers.......

But it is equally true that his rule was of mass terror ,shipping innocent people to concentration camps ,and mass murder of millions...........

These are well accepted historical facts that no one can dispute.

So his rule is remembered with horror by those who lived through it.

The film Dr zhivago gives a glimpse of the beginning of this terror ,so its a good film to get an idea of those times.

Of course , like many films , it is entirely fictional...........

Last edited:

amoy

Are you a commie ?? I think so ,considering your angry reaction ..........
++++++++++++++++

People often say 'discuss about the message, not the messenger'. then what's your point?

no not at all angry. people have different opinions about the same events, same leader-- just natural.

I only tried to remind that both sides of the 'truth' could have been 'true' - dark and bright sides.

when I watched Dr Zhivago, I had the same impression as yours - key words like " massacres, brutal , paranoid, dictator, tyrant , concentration camps" popped up to mind. in that sense that revolution seems 'good for nothing'.

later I came to realize it's but one side of the coin and developed a BALANCED view about that part of history. that's all.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
how did they get the picture quality so modern?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles