Cloud computing is unreliable in a storm: Former I-T commissioner

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

NEW DELHI: In a video gone viral on the internet, Vishwa Bandhu Gupta, a former additional commissioner of income-tax, makes it clear that he thinks cloud computing is about real clouds and how data can be lost if the cloud bursts into rain.

Gupta, now a vigorous anti-corruption campaigner, says, "Aaj poora technical system cloud system par aa gaya hai... jo aaj aap Google istemaal karte hain... cloud system pe aa gaya hai... Abhi tak yeh study nahin ki gayi hai jab andhad aata hai tab kya hoga... kisi garib ki UID banate waqt... cloud formatting galat aati hai... baarish aa gayi toh records galat aayenge aur woh garib aadmi arrest ho jayega..."

(Today the entire technical system, Google, is cloud based... But there is no study on what happens in a storm... cloud formatting will go wrong, a UID card will have mistakes in the rain... some poor man's UID will go wrong... and he will be arrested...)

Vishwa Bandhu Gupta also thinks that information stored in mobile phones leaches into the phone's battery and stays there even if the SIM is destroyed. Whatever you say hangs in the air around you for an hour, and can be sucked into recording machines and played back.

Cloud computing is unreliable in a storm: Former I-T commissioner - Times Of India

A.V. likes this.
  3. Singh

Cloud computing can cause rain and land the poor villager in jail

Cloud computing is unreliable in a storm; if it rains, the data might get washed away. Information stored in mobile phones leaches into the phone’s battery and stays there even if the SIM is destroyed. Whatever you say hangs in the air around you for an hour, and can be sucked into recording machines and played back.
    If you think this is nonsense, ask Vishwa Bandhu Gupta, a former additional commissioner of income-tax and now vigorous anti-corruption campaigner, to explain. Gupta, who has shared a dais with Anna Hazare and his civil society group, is a regular on some TV channels — scattering priceless gems on an entire range of issues, including black money, petroleum prices and contemporary Indian politics.

In a video gone viral on the Net, Gupta makes it clear that he thinks cloud computing is about real clouds — and expresses outrage to a concerned-looking interviewer over how data can be lost if the cloud bursts into rain.

Ads by Google
    “Aaj poora technical system cloud system par aa gaya hai... jo aaj aap Google istemaal karte hain... cloud system pe aa gaya hai... Abhi tak yeh study nahin ki gayi hai jab andhad aata hai tab kya hoga... kisi garib ki UID banate waqt... cloud formatting galat aati hai... baarish aa gayi toh records galat aayenge aur woh garib aadmi arrest ho jayega...”

(Today the entire technical system, Google, is cloud based... But there is no study on what happens in a storm... cloud formatting will go wrong, a UID card will have mistakes in the rain... some poor man’s UID will go wrong... and he will be arrested...)

A video on YouTube shows the 1976 batch Indian Revenue Service Officer who was suspended from service in 2000, holding forth on ways to get back black money from foreign banks. He was speaking at an anti-corruption gathering in February this year, and the meeting was attended, among others, by Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal, Baba Ramdev and Subramanian Swamy.

Gupta suggests a cheap and easy way to get back the stash of black money from Swiss banks: a few thousand Indians should simply attack the tiny country, occupy it, and carry the money back to India.

“Hum itne saare Bharatiya chal ke Switzerland pe kabza kar lete hain... hum ek hazaar log kaafi honge... Main Pranab Mukherjee saheb se mila aur bola ki 70 lakh crore Swiss banks mein hai, unhe laaya jaye...”

Here are some more of Gupta’s gems, all available on YouTube:

“Does anyone in India know that in America, after every (company) board meeting, the room is locked for an hour? Because they now have technology where anyone can walk in with an audio equipment and record the whole conversation that happened an hour back. What you speak remains in the air for one full hour.”

“In America, no one sells their old mobile phones... because while you think that all the data is in the SIM card, actually the data gets transferred from the SIM to the battery. Therefore, if you sell your old phone, you are also giving away all your secret data.”

When contacted, Gupta said he was being targeted by the cyber community. “The speech (about cloud computing) is of 25 minutes but the video that has been floated is only four minutes. I have wrongly said ‘cloud formatting’ as ‘cloud seeding’.”

Cloud computing can cause rain and land the poor villager in jail - Indian Express

A.V. likes this.
  4. Singh

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Dovah, A chauhan and A.V. like this.
  5. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Oh My God !! :pound: i didn't get the funda when i read first two posts but when i watched this video i understood what this stupid man is trying convince lol !!!

So this is Cloud computing to him , Google stores his data in the clouds :pound:

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

What did I just watch???!!!
    :confused::confused:

Oh, btw, he got that residual audio/video data in the air concept from a Nagraj(or Parmanu) comic.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  7. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Lets march on swiz then... :D

8. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Well, atleast he was the income tax commissioner, and not some minister for science and technology .

9. Arunpillai

Arunpillai Regular Member

Actually "cloud computing" is technical jargon quite difficult for a layman to understand.. I had to refer to 3 sites and youtube to get it..

10. black eagle

black eagle Senior Member Senior Member

This guy is a sensationalist. Talks rubbish all the time. Had a quarrel with him on twitter.....

11. Arunpillai

Arunpillai Regular Member

My! Is he on twitter? Well thats news.

12. black eagle

black eagle Senior Member Senior Member

Hehe... yes he is....