Cleaning up Wiki info on India

trackwhack

Is it possible to form a core group of DFI members tasked with the responsibility of cleaning up nonsense on Wiki info pertaining to India. This is an example.

Agni-VI is an intercontinental ballistic missile reported to be in very rudimentary stages of development by DRDO.[1] It is reported to be the latest and most advanced version among the Agni missiles. Capable of being launched from submarines or from land, it will be able to strike a target at a distance of 8,000–10,000 km with up to 10 MIRVed warheads.[2][4]

Weight 55,000 kg[1]
Length 40.00 m[1]
Diameter 1.1 m[1]
Agni-VI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:frusty:

It is embarrassing to say the least. Maybe we can have a thread where we post up nonsense found on wiki and a core team corrects it.

EzioAltaïr

Is it possible to form a core group of DFI members tasked with the responsibility of cleaning up nonsense on Wiki info pertaining to India. This is an example.

It is embarrassing to say the least. Maybe we can have a thread where we post up nonsense found on wiki and a core team corrects it.
I'm already part of the group of Wikipedians who are cleaning up all India-related articles.

You have a wiki account?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I nominate civ, pmaitra, nrj, lb and trackwhack as core team

Oracle

I like trackwhack's idea. But buddy, time nahin hai yaar.

Nagraj

Well if users are interested they can do their on own.
and i don't think management of DFI will have any issues if u use this platform to raise awareness / create interest.

trackwhack

This is the kind of nonsense you come across when interested people do it on their own

EzioAltaïr

This is the kind of nonsense you come across when interested people do it on their own
The nonsense comes when the interested users are busy, and some anonymous ip adds stuff to articles. High traffic articles would be in far better shape.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Wikipedia is highly political. Sure you can anonymously edit articles, but unless you're an admin you have little influence

EzioAltaïr

Wikipedia is highly political. Sure you can anonymously edit articles, but unless you're an admin you have little influence
Actually you can edit it freely regardless of your influence, as long as:

1. Edit makes sense.
2. If it is something that makes sense but can be debated, you can add it as long as a source is added at the end of the statement/in your edit summary.

The problem with Wikipedia is that it has 4 million articles, and the sensible editors keep track of only important pages, so the pages of lesser importance decay. I personally fixed one page about an operation. It was a low-importance page, so no one had taken care of it. First paragraph gave some info about the operation sourcelessly, the second paragraph said, "above info is incorrect, visit vayu sena tripod for real info. :lol:

pmaitra

I nominate civ, pmaitra, nrj, lb and trackwhack as core team
Are you sure you want to nominate me? :troll:

The quote talks about ICBMs, and you know me, unless Agni-VI is tested for an ICBM range, I ain't calling it an ICBM.

Agni-VI is an intercontinental ballistic missile reported to be in very rudimentary stages of development by DRDO.[1] It is reported to be the latest and most advanced version among the Agni missiles. Capable of being launched from submarines or from land, it will be able to strike a target at a distance of 8,000–10,000 km with up to 10 MIRVed warheads.[2][4]

Weight 55,000 kg[1]
Length 40.00 m[1]
Diameter 1.1 m[1]

And we had disagreed earlier on whether to call that Agni-V a ICBM, remember? :eyebrows:

whats the confusion about....Mr. V K Saraswat clearly says its an IRBM and the news reporter says its ICBM....so A5 is IRBM, right?

Check the Video that saya posted earlier:

http://www.ndtv.com/common/videos/e...idth=418&pHeight=385&category=embed&id=229746
Anyone that says it is an irbm should be banned on the spot :mad:

two points that are facts:

1. it is an icbm
2. its actual range is around 8000 km

Anyone that says it is an irbm should be banned on the spot :mad:

two points that are facts:

1. it is an icbm
2. its actual range is around 8000 km
One of those rare occasions when I have to disagree.

Anyone calling it an ICBM should be banned. (just kidding)

No, this is not an ICBM. This is a 5000+ km weapon, and we don't even know if it can go beyond 5500 km. It is all speculation. I wish we had 8000 km missiles, but seeing is believing. Until India tests an 8000 km missile, or at least 5501 km missile, any claims of India having ICBM is theoretical.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Are you sure you want to nominate me? :troll:

The quote talks about ICBMs, and you know me, unless Agni-VI is tested for an ICBM range, I ain't calling it an ICBM.

And we had disagreed earlier on whether to call that Agni-V a ICBM, remember? :eyebrows:
Well you wont be touching that particular wiki page regarding agni 5 then :)

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
BY the way which idiot put that info on wiki.... We must find him and garland him and out him inside agni-6 and fire him to pakistan............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles