CIA chief Petraeus quits over extramarital affair

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
CIA chief Petraeus quits over extramarital affair

AP: David Petraeus has resigned as director of the Central Intelligence Agency, the American spy agency, after admitting he had an extramarital affair.

According to his letter of resignation, Petraeus asked President Barack Obama on Thursday to allow him to resign, and on Friday the president accepted. Petraeus said in a statement that he had shown "extremely poor judgment" in having an affair.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sad to see him go. He was an effective CIA chief. He used drones specifically to target terrorists without causing collateral damage. Pakistanis hated his guts. He would have naturally succeeded to be a Defence Secretary.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So now we know why the CIA was caught off-guard in the killing of the US Ambassador to Libya, Gen. Petreus was preoccupied with Poison Ivy...

pmaitra

This is unfair.

If the President can continue to be the President after his debauchery, why can't anyone else?

Yeah, I am talking about one William*, who couldn't keep his willy in check.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Whats the connection between having an EMA and being the chief of CIA? Now who will blow the bad guys in badland using drones?

pmaitra

Whats the connection between having an EMA and being the chief of CIA? Now who will blow the bad guys in badland using drones?
Well, one should "blow," only in consideration of the next generation, and within the societal norms, if you are getting my drift.

In certain circles, America is indeed very conservative.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
An 'EMA' shows a lack of integrity imo, not acceptable for the chief of the CIA.

All in favor of polygamy say I. I.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Accordingly this is the lady that the good General has strayed into... Paula Broadwell

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Paraphrasing a great man's statement - If a man can't rule over his willy, how can he be expected to rule over others ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
^^ But there are exceptions though, like one Mr. G.Khan

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Petraeus was rumored to be in the running for 2012 elections, but then Obama made him continue. Now this revelation or admittance after elections to me suggests Obama administration had something to do with it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Yeah, certainly was a wise man and he was also blessed to have some awesome generals.
I am not sure if he was 'wise', but he was certainly ambitious. Both biologically and politically.

Anyway, this thread is about the good general and not Mr. Khan.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ But there are exceptions though, like one Mr. G.Khan
His rule was not great, or was it ?

The point was to be an effective administrator one must first have control over his own self, and then seek to control others.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles