Status
Not open for further replies.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What good does this bring?

God makes man,
God makes sin,
God makes Devil even when he knew he will corrupt Man and will burn in hell.
God puts fruits of sin tree and knew snake will tempt eve.
God knows that will happen?
God punishes man, is God a sadist?

When he knew what will happen to many of whom he created with full knowledge that they will be Hindus, Abroginals or Pagans. Yet he made them and those non-christians according to bible will go to hell.

What is the meaning of this?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
God could be an advanced alien and we are the "lab experiment"....thats why concept of god and religion is filled with contradictions.

He is testing whether humans can grow beyond there 'programming'. If god is infact an alien watching us then imo according to him the theists are the biggest idiots and he would be laughing his ass off while telling his fellow aliens whilst pointing to non believers "see...these group are people are evolving beyond the sum of Its parts".

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This is what I was taught.

God created heavens and the earth. God created the angels, among whom was Lucifer (the Devil). Lucifer had free will and rebelled against God. God made Man and gave him free will. The Devil tempted Eve and Adam to rebel against God. Adam and Eve sinned. Sin brought death into the world. God sent Jesus to die for Man's sins so men could be saved.

I am not a theologian, but neither was Jesus.
How is there free will when God knew Eve will eat the fruit of sin and yet he created us? Did he not have any other option, like eatting from the fruit of knowledge is not a bad thing?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How is there free will when God knew Eve will eat the fruit of sin and yet he created us? Did he not have any other option, like eatting from the fruit of knowledge is not a bad thing?
You lived in those times?

You explain!

Or else buy it or reject it.

God or whoever is the Creator did bless people with brains or a deficit of the same.

I take it that for the illiterates, such ideas were given to bring such high philosophy to the level of the illiterate!

Such homilies are there in every religion.

Religion was for the masses because they counted and not the intellectuals!

What is important in such fairy tales, if you wish, is the underlying philosophical/metaphysical message.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It brings me to the concept of God!

Have you seen God?

I haven't.

Yet you say there is God! :eek:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
You lived in those times?

You explain!

Or else buy it or reject it.

God or whoever is the Creator did bless people with brains or a deficit of the same.
That is neither an argument nor an explanation. God created people with defects like polio and yet the kid goes to hell because he was a Hindu? Is this love or jealousy? If God does not love all his creatures equally then that is not love that is selectivity and only Mafia dawns aid and support those who are loyal to him and kill people who do not praise him. God sounds like a Mafia dawn take my side or burn in my hell. He is only saveing people from himself, that is not saveing at all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What is important in such fairy tales, if you wish, is the underlying philosophical/metaphysical message
I Am that
I Am (Hebrew: אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה"Ž, pronounced Ehyeh asher ehyeh [Ê”ehˈje Ê”aˈʃer Ê”ehˈje]) is a common English translation (JPS among others) of the response God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" or "was" in Hebrew; "ehyeh" is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as "I will be" (or "I shall be"), for example, at Exodus 3:12. Ehyeh asher ehyeh is generally interpreted to mean I am that I am, though it can also be translated as "I-shall-be that I-shall-be."
Isn't it obvious that you are what you are?

Yet what it means:

Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM") is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being.

Why so?

None knows what is the Supreme Being!

The Supreme Being is to be taken for what its worth.

From there alone can the remainder of scriptures of any religion can emanate.

If you do not believe in the Supernatural energy called the Supreme Being (for the ease of understanding and acceptance), then religion is a void!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That is neither an argument nor an explanation. God created people with defects like polio and yet the kid goes to hell because he was a Hindu? Is this love or jealousy? If God does not love all his creatures equally then that is not love that is selectivity and only Mafia dawns aid and support those who are loyal to him and kill people who do not praise him. God sounds like a Mafia dawn take my side or burn in my hell. He is only saveing people from himself, that is not saveing at all.
The usual statements.

But do explain your theory of the Benevolent God!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Religion is called Faith.

Either you have Faith or you don't have it!

Maybe you have faith in Hinduism. But you don't have Faith in other religions.

Likewise, others have faith in their religion, but not yours.

Therefore, is there any Faith or religion totally the last word of everything.

Each religion can be lampooned for the written word can be interpreted as ridiculous, but one has to see the interpretation, the deep philosophy being the words, the metaphysical enlightenment to realise the worth.

But ask an illiterate to delve in such high realms! It will go over his head.

Therefore, religious scriptures are brought down to their level with allegories which they will tend to believe and vibe with.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Here is an another paradox for you gk.

In India most people seem to think along the lines of "sab naseeb me likha hai" meaning everything is pre-destined by god. So if it pre-destined that 'person A' will kill 'person B' then why would god punish 'person A' if god himself wrote person would kill 'person B' ?

:rofl:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I Am that

Isn't it obvious that you are what you are?

Yet what it means:

Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM") is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being.

Why so?

None knows what is the Supreme Being!

The Supreme Being is to be taken for what its worth.

From there alone can the remainder of scriptures of any religion can emanate.

If you do not believe in the Supernatural energy called the Supreme Being (for the ease of understanding and acceptance), then religion is a void!
I know this theology of I am that, I am.

Hindus Pandits say Abhram is actually a misnomer of the word Hey-Brahma and Brahma being the all pervasive God or super soul(Param Athman). The Sanskrit Text says. "Aham-Brahmahasve" or I-am-Brahma which also means "I am that". Which mean that we are inherently God and It further goes on to say "Sarvam Kalvitham Brahman" Means "I am god and everything is from God."

What it actually means that the "I am not the ego" I am the all pervasive god. Jesus says "Kingdom of heaven lies with in" or "be still and know that i am God" The I here is You, be still and know that you are God and kingdoom of heaven lies with in you".

Jesus actually meant we are all sons of God and kingdom of heave lies with in you. To attain that you need to liberate your self through the stillness of the mind and that is why he said, "be still and know that i am God."

"Trough me you come to the father" which means through knowing yourself you realize God.

Complicated enough for you? Its simple.

Actually the Christian cross originally was "I" and a cross strike, which meant that lose your I ego and know that your god yourself.

I am not a Hindu anymore. I belong to mankind, everyone are my kith and kin. Jesus would agree with me not the christians.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I know this theology of I am that, I am.

Hindus say Abhram is actually a misnomer of the word Hey-Brahma and Brahma being the all pervasive God or super soul(Param Athman). The Sanskrit Text says. "Aham-Brahmahasve" or I-am-Brahma which also means "I am that". Which mean that we are inherently God and It further goes on to say "Sarvam Kalvitham Brahman" Means "I am god and everything is from God."

What it actually means that the "I am not the ego" I am the all pervasive god. Jesus says "Kingdom of heaven lies with in" or "be still and know that i am God" The I here is You, be still and know that you are God.

Jesus actually meant we are all sons of God and kingdom of heave lies with in you. To attain that you need to meditate and for that he said, "be still and know that i am God."

"Trough me you come to the father" which means through knowing yourself you realize God.

Complicated enough for you? Its simple.
For all we know, you maybe right!

So, where is the dispute?

Obviously, the languages were different and they wrote in their own language.

The meaning is the same!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The usual statements.

But do explain your theory of the Benevolent God!
There can be none. You cant sit in Heaven for eternity that is not benevolence of God either. That is a eternal boredom of simple pleasures of women and wine.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Heaven is the worst kind of hell.
And Moksha worse than hell.
Or so I read somewhere.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
For all we know, you maybe right!

So, where is the dispute?

Obviously, the languages were different and they wrote in their own language.

The meaning is the same!
I do not agree with that any longer. I am not a Hindu anymore. I belong to mankind, everyone are my kith and kin. There is no nobler way to lead ones life than to realize profoundly we are all one and no theology, border or race should divide us. Jesus would agree with me not the christians. Jesus came to liberate man not imprison him in a vast institution like Christianity. Like Gandhi said, "Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Most of the bible is corrupted by the Church, Jesus never wrote it. Jesus as man was a simple reformer who choose to live in a cow shack while the Priests today live in Palaces like the Vatican. He spoke against the rich but Christianity gave rise to Captalism and material excesses.

When an organization has completely been hijacked by the greed of man it no longer serves man but only itself. So like Jesus or Buddha i dont seek any sect or religion. If the word to describe me is an Atheist so be it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am not a Hindu anymore. I belong to mankind,
The usual humbug given by mos to show how ooh la la, they are such liberals and so on!

If you are not a Hindu, please show it in indicating such an inclination in your posts!

What makes you discuss Christian theology?

Are you from Palestine that you are wild with the Jews of Israel and Christians of the West?

Why have you not created a thread on Hindu Theology and Muslim Theology or a Jan/Buddhist Theology?

Why this enamoured approach to Christianity.

Any American, Bible thumping, fire and brimstone evangelist tried to convert you that you are livid?

Or do you find that Christianity is the closest to your heart and you want to know more before you take the plunge?

I would advise stay with your own religion.

The Supreme Being is the Same.

It is better to find solace in what you know, that learn all over again when time on Earth is so short and measure that understanding religion is not a task that can be done in a lifetime!

Religion today is no religion, It is a business!

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Heaven is the worst kind of hell.
And Moksha worse than hell.
Or so I read somewhere.
Lol.. That is true, it just means pursuit of happiness is what is keeping us miserable. All those things we invented in the name of happiness can also give us pain. Like Marriage! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles