Christian missionary behind Nithyananda sex scandal: Ranjitha

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by LurkerBaba, Jan 2, 2011.

1. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Christian missionary behind Nithyananda sex scandal: Ranjitha

Ten months after the sex tape allegedly involving Nithyananda and cine star Ranjitha hit the internet, the actress finally broke her silence on Friday.

Addressing a packed press conference, the actress denied all the allegations against her. “It’s not me in the video,” said Ranjitha. “I was scared, I was threatened, blackmailed, and that forced me to abscond.”

The actress said she had been hurt by the allegations. “I was scared to face anybody, so I had moved out of the country; I came only for the CID inquiry. I was in the US all this time. I have registered a complaint with the magistrate's court in Ramanagara,” she said.

But then came the bombshell. Ranjitha said a Christian missionary was behind the episode.

“I was being blackmailed and threatened by the accused and also by another man who belongs to a Christian mission,”
    said the actress. “I want to live, so I shall not name them. If the CM of Tamil Nadu promises to protect me, I shall reveal the names.”

--------------------------------------------------

3. LurkerBaba

Ok what is fvcked up about this, is that all the 'mainstream media' (ToI/HT) have conveniently deleted the "Christian missionary part"

http://www.hindustantimes.com/It-s-not-me-in-Nityananda-sex-video-Ranjitha/Article1-644948.aspx

No mention

--------------------------------

ToI

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Ranjitha-says-Nityananda-video-fabricated/articleshow/7198484.cms
    Read more: Ranjitha says Nityananda video fabricated - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ricated/articleshow/7198484.cms#ixzz19oMVu51t

---------------------------------------

No mention

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  4. Oracle

Oracle New Member

WTF? This happens only in India.

5. LurkerBaba

However the (not so mainstream) Deccan Herald does give a meintion

It's not me in the CD, insists Ranjitha

A day after lodging a complaint against Lenin Karuppan, Tamil actress Ranjitha held a press conference here on Friday, blaming Lenin and Christian missionaries for the video allegedly showing her in a sex romp with Nithyananda.

In her complaint filed before the Ramanagara Magistrate on Thursday, Ranjitha claimed that her face was morphed on the video involving Nithyananda in an intimate position with someone who looked like her.
    Ranjitha who tried to explain why she was missing since the scandal broke out, said she was scared and terrified as she was being threatened.

When asked why she had not come forward earlier if she was not the woman in the video, she said: “I was threatened with arrest and there are bigger powers at play. I did not know how to handle them and I am basically a person who minds my own business. I do not have a father who is the Chief Minister and I do not have the backing of a powerful political group to take on that kind of agenda and machinery.”

Another time, she claimed that she would name the ones who had threatened her only if “the Chief Minister of the said state (Tamil Nadu) can stand by me”.

The actress maintained that the attempt at extortion was a smaller picture and the larger picture constitutes the involvement of a Christian missionary as told to her by Lenin himself. She also hinted at political powers in Tamil Nadu trying to get her involved in the episode and pointed the finger at Sun TV and the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s family of being involved.

Ranjitha, who wiped her tears on one occasion, said: “I should have fought back from the first moment, which I did not and I am sorry and am apologetic about it.” She maintained that she left the country immediately after the video was released to the public as it was essential for the safety of her family and herself.

The actress said that her involvement in the Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam happened because she was interested in their social outreach programmes. The actress demurely stated that she would like to attend the celebrations underway at the Ashram, if the Ashram permitted.

In her complaint against Lenin, Aarti Rao and Sridhar, she has stated that the morphed video was used to blackmail and extort money from her. Though Aarti is named as a respondent, Ranjitha claimed she did not know who she was and had named her only because Lenin had claimed Aarti was involved.

Though Ranjitha at one point said she regretted involving herself in the activities of the Ashram, she maintained that she remained a devotee of Nithyananda.

----------------------------------------------
    I mean seriously WTF?!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  6. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Well well well... guess mainstream media's bigotry is now coming into open.

7. brain_dead

brain_dead Regular Member

dont know about this ranjitha gal, but the guy in video does look like nithyananda. i have seen the video myself.

8. vinay535

vinay535 Regular Member

ab kya hum log defence forum mei kisi ke sex scandals bhi discuss karengey ?