Chit Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by 1.44, Aug 4, 2009.

1. 1.44

1.44 Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009 Senior Member

Rakhi Sawant makes heads turn in Pakistan too

Bollywood item girl-turned-reality TV star Rakhi Sawant's 'swayamvar' is also making news in Pakistan with reams being written in the English and Urdu media about her impending marriage.

Sawant chose Indo-Canadian businessman Elesh Parujanwala as her bridegroom on NDTV Imagine's reality show Rakhi Ka Swayamvar late on Sunday evening.

"Rakhi Sawant ne jeevan saathi chun liya" went the headline in a Urdu newspaper.

The news was also put up on several news portals, including popular pakmahfil.Com and e-zine pakteahouse soon after the grand finale of the much followed reality show.

Titled "Bollywood, Reality TV and Indian secularism," a post on e-zine pakteahouse talked of Sawant who became "a sensation in Bollywood through her hard work and determination despite an obvious lack of education and family background".

While a post on pakmahfil.Com said, "The 30-year-old Gujarati NRI came all the way from Toronto to marry television's drama queen...Rakhi has been bowled over by Elesh's charm. He is the quietest of the lot and most sensitive when it comes to showing his emotions."

Sawant had zeroed in on Delhi's Manas Katyal and Chittiz Jain, but finally chose Parujanwala.

"If Rakhi ties the knot with him, he is willing to leave Canada for good and settle in Mumbai forever. Rakhi has time and again said that at no cost she is willing to quit her showbiz career," another report read.

Rakhi Sawant makes heads turn in Pakistan too- Hindustan Times

3. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member

I think not only pakistan ,but many countries worldwide watches Indian TV programs.the thing in pakistan is ,most of them likes Indian Channels but also want to prove that they are religious as well.so ,they will spew the venom against Indian media as run by "zionists". :D Mullah brainwash?

4. EnlightenedMonk

EnlightenedMonk Member of The Month JULY 2009 Senior Member

You like her ??? You keep her !!!

We don't want her ... :D:D:D:D:D

5. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

take her for free i dont care just get the hell out of here :d

6. mig-29

mig-29 Regular Member

Please drop her at the SWAT valley may be the war will end:D

7. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

:rofl: good one MiG

8. musalman

musalman پاکستان زنده باد

God !!! you ppl are so brainwashed in your animosity toward Pakistan. Ppl like to watch Indian channels coz the language is same. It has nothing to do with Zionist bull sh it.

9. mig-29

mig-29 Regular Member

I agree with you on that , a similar cultural history , language and social fabric is embedded deeply into both the societies , i especially like strings and their album DUR and of course Nusrat fateh Ali khan.

vicky sen likes this.
  10. musalman

I like Dur of String too.

What amazes me that you guys talk about Pakistani's being indoctrinated towards Indian. I find you ppl no different

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  11. fateh71

fateh71 Regular Member

Thats the point, we are not :) Indians don't usually go out of the way to prove otherwise...

12. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

You've seized the bull by the tail musalman. Peacecracker's argument was that the two were supplementary- as in to offset and reconcile two countervailing proclivities- not complementary as you suggest.

There will always be zealots on both sides of the border- as there will be moderates. The 'indoctrination' we refer to is as a result of Zia and his kin's legacy of tampering with the history books- and distorting events with a very unsubtle communal tint. That self-contrived martial prowess ended when the 'Hinduz' captured more than 90,000 prisoners of war. Our 'indoctrination towards Pakistan' you refer to is inspired by the media - our media - but they seize only on incidents perceived to be emanating from across the border- and is more nationalistic than religious. But then again, atleast we can say we hate all pakistanis equally :D / rib-tickling.

13. Rage

Good God! Somebody get rid of this nympho bimbette already!

If that is the kind of 'reality TV' she'z gonna produce, I'd rather take Bollywood (and that's saying a heluva lot!)

14. IBM

IBM Regular Member

Language can be one point but the big thing is pak people can't live without indian movies,serial,songs still they abuse India and consider India as enemy.

by the way can u pls tel me y ur movies or drama cant able to take offf.??????

15. musalman

Okay we are because of the Zia. Why are you?

I think Pakistani dramas have been quite popular. Regarding films, that industry is considered a "kanjer Khana" in our society therefore mostly ppl from Lahore Karachi and Multan red light area make it into that place. These ppl are illiterate showing their a s s and boo bs i do not think will get them anywhere

16. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

I doubt the social fabric of India and Pakistan is similar, it is entirely different. Otherwise, there was no need of partition in the first place.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  17. EnlightenedMonk

Ok Musalman and Rage, I want to step in before things turn ugly here... I'm sure neither of you means any offence to the other but I can already see tempers slowly begin to rise here...

So, just take it easy...

This is a fun thread about Rakhi Sawant and not about our indoctrination...

So, let's just keep it at that...

18. musalman

Don't worry EM :) Me and Rage won't fight :) We know each other well ;)

19. EnlightenedMonk

Ok... just felt it was needed because generally this talk of indoctrination in most places ends up leading to a fight...

Since you guys are sure it won't lead to a fight, I'll leave you blokes to it...

Cheers !!!

20. Rage

You da man! :D

21. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member