Chinese video game Glorious Mission chooses US Army for its enemy

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Re: Chinese video game 'Glorious Mission' chooses US Army for its

Liked 4?

Also, you hate CoD?
Yes, BF4 is fun (by that I of course mean multi-player). I neither like nor hate CoD, because I never bought a CoD game, because Activision isn't part of the "fair price software" model in India. You'll never find a new AAA title from Activision that's sold for 999 or 1499 Rupees. Steam sells all games at US prices to Indian gamers. I pirate CoD games for the single-player campaigns. You can't play multi-players with pirated copies anyway.

That said, I'm a believer in "gameplay/fun trumps graphics," even if I game on a reasonably high-spec rig.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Yes, BF4 is fun (by that I of course mean multi-player). I neither like nor hate CoD, because I never bought a CoD game, because Activision isn't part of the "fair price software" model in India. You'll never find a new AAA title from Activision that's sold for 999 or 1499 Rupees. Steam sells all games at US prices to Indian gamers. I pirate CoD games for the single-player campaigns. You can't play multi-players with pirated copies anyway.
Well there are cracked servers for the multiplayer fix. And you are correct with the fair price thing, some studios are obnoxious with their 3.5k titles, add Bioware to the list and maybe even Bethesda. They're still selling FNV a 200 game for 3k ffs.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Found the gameplay

You know the game engine sucks when the framerate in the promotional video is choppy. :laugh:

Good attempt though, I see a lot of potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Well there are cracked servers for the multiplayer fix. And you are correct with the fair price thing, some studios are obnoxious with their 3.5k titles, add Bioware to the list and maybe even Bethesda. They're still selling FNV a 200 game for 3k ffs.
Sadly EA joined the troupe. I remember pre-order buying BF3 for 1,499. Then I was made to pay 3,499 for pre-order buying BF4. I got Premium membership as anniversary gift (which at 2,999 wasn't cheap).

jalsa

This is a good propaganda move by CCP, they can slowly instill in kids mind the enmity towards the USA.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

This is a good propaganda move by CCP, they can slowly instill in kids mind the enmity towards the USA.
I don't think so. In Glorious Mission (as well as Battlefield), you get to play either side, and often the server lands you in a random side. You play the various sides so often, that you never really begin to see "a" side as "the enemy."

That said, American kids gunning down PLA 'enemies' on China-made computers has to fry some ironymeters, just as Chinese kids gunning down USMC 'enemies' on America-designed computers.

jalsa

I don't think so. In Glorious Mission (as well as Battlefield), you get to play either side, and often the server lands you in a random side. You play the various sides so often, that you never really begin to see "a" side as "the enemy."

That said, American kids gunning down PLA 'enemies' on China-made computers has to fry some ironymeters, just as Chinese kids gunning down USMC 'enemies' on America-designed computers.
Tarun, I think you are a hardcore gamer, I was too, during my college days but its been six years since I played my last game. I heard good things about TitanFall. How is it?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Tarun, I think you are a hardcore gamer, I was too, during my college days but its been six years since I played my last game. I heard good things about TitanFall. How is it?
I haven't played Titanfall because I'm not willing to cough up 3,499 for a game franchise that I'm not invested in. Maybe if EA slashes its price down by half, or someone gives me a free Origin key, I'll check it out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles