Chinese video game Glorious Mission chooses US Army for its enemy

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
agree, some of they fight for their country or "for God", lots of them just for money and benefits.
those just are suckers.
Even if true, it does not make them cowards. No foot soldier irrespective of its country deserves dishonor because of their rulers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If this is your qualification for the best fighting force then the Tuareg or Sahrawi tribes in the Sahara region would be the best soldiers in the world. No other people can beat them in water intake minimization. But are these people known for being very able soldiers? I don't think so.
Better not mix up Survival skills with fighting skills..

Yes, Indian Army is one of the best, US regulars Marine and Army grunts are good in survival but not the best..

Regarding Fighting, Our Soldiers are again better in CT operations:

1 without heavy weapons and Air-power
2 good in handling Civillains..

Also we are fighting Fanatical Islamic since 1948, US and other just join the game..
Also not to forget we train them in our training centers.. :)

An regarding Sahara Tribes, No doubt they beat all other in desert in terms of survival.... :)

American Forces heavily Rely on mass firepower and Technology..

Except the Chinese forces? As shown in the 1962 war... These Chinese must be more adept at fighting with less water? What do you think?
They are Asians like us, And they are tough, But u saying 30 men against 400 down hill, Its a loss..

Their was nothing wrong with the Army fighting skills or Survival skill even tactics, The loss is coz of wrong moves played by top brass.

Tronic

Think people need to see the operational history of the US forces before they start comparing the two. US soldiers are brave and fierce warriors, there is no doubt about that. Who is more brave and fierce? Now thats something which you can't possibly begin to compare. Examples exist in all countries, even in Pakistan you will find some soldiers fighting like lions. Comparing whose soldiers are more brave or more fierce is nothing short of a d*ck measuring contest.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"xxx Who is more brave and fierce? Now thats something which you can't possibly begin to compare. xxx"

Agree.

The best soldiers are the once who can execute their missions and military objectives efficiently. In this respect, I think experience, discipline and technology plays the most pivotal roles.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"Indian Army is one of the best, US regulars Marine and Army grunts are good in survival but not the best.."

Ah, the usual nationalistic bravado. Nice to hear but totally baseless.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"Regarding Fighting, Our Soldiers are again better in CT operations:

1 without heavy weapons and Air-power
xxx"

Are you Christian? This line rings of the Christian adage: "blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the earth." But I don't accept this sh*t.. poverty is not a virtue. The most successful people are still the rich, in practically all aspects of human endeavor.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Going back to the topic of this thread, there's is a reason behind the choice of China in its training video game. Aside from being its strategic competitor, the US military is viewed by China as the best force currently in existence and one which they should set their sights on to hone their skills. That's the explanation for this choice. But I think China has the misconception that the US military will wage a straightforward conventional war against it in case of hostilities between them. I think that US in the past decade has developed new strategies in waging war as a result of the largely irregular conflicts it has participated in from Iraq, Afghanistan to Pakistan.

Phenom

Are you Christian? This line rings of the Christian adage: "blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the earth." But I don't accept this sh*t.. poverty is not a virtue. The most successful people are still the rich, in practically all aspects of human endeavor.
I don't want to get into this d*** measuring contest about who is a better soldier, but I would like to disprove the above comment.

India doesn't use airpower in CT because its a horrible strategy that cause huge collateral damage, not because we can't afford it, using airpower in CT probably creates more terrorist than it kills. How many times in a month do we here about schools being destroyed and wedding parties being bombed in Afganistan by US wrongly identifies the target from the air.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"How many times in a month do we here about schools being destroyed and wedding parties being bombed in Afganistan by US wrongly identifies the target from the air."

You cannot go after militants inside Pakistan on a regular basis without occupying that territory. If the US or NATO occupy Pakistan or part of it that would really be too impractical, not to mention too risky. That's why the US and NATO have to fall back on technology to execute their harassing tactics. The whole Western military establishment was not ready for this kind of warfare but I think they are adopting. Right now both the US and Europe are inducting smaller smart weapons to increase accuracy and lessen collateral damage. The previous COIN operations in Vietnam and other conflicts have been restricted to a large degree by immature or non-existent weapons technology, this is changing though. India should streamline its armed forces and should induct more special operations troops. This way the military establishment can free up resources to fully equip the servicemen with more hitech gears. The focus on million troops war is I think outdated. There is not going to be a full scale war with China or even with Pakistan because of MAD. By all indications future battles will be small scale skirmishes: short bursts but ferocious. In these kind of conflict scenarios intensive training and hitech gears will be the most useful for the Indian military.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
"India doesn't use airpower in CT because its a horrible strategy that cause huge collateral damage,xxx"

You're a civilian poster. I am also a civilian poster but I am aware that all major forces in the World employ aerial weapons systems in COIN operations, including India. Brazil has produced an excellent dedicated COIN aircraft in the Super Tucano while other countries have their own aircrafts. The US though has very recently upped the ante on aerial COIN ops systems but deploying unmanned aerial vehicles. Originally these aircrafts were purely for observations now they are more and more being married with offensive weapons. In sync with the development of unmanned persistence aircrafts the US and Europe are now developing more and more smaller smart weapons to be used in their unmanned aircrafts. These smaller weapons not only aims to address issues on economy but also the ever controversial issue on collateral damage (which impacts negatively on the winning-the-people side of COIN).

satish007

Glad to hear so many counties soldiers, they are good. some even donot need water! cyber game should be unpolitcal. Americans has been killing all kinds of soldiers in the game for long time,include Chinese,Geman,Russia...,even Brits, now is China turn. those US idiots indead have lots of experience, Chinese can enjoy killing them instead of fighting them in real now. Hopefully
India has one soon,you guys can kill whoever you want. BTW, thanks asianobserve close attention to this thread and post so many instead of just observe.

ice berg

Must be great to play video games and get paid at the same time. :cool2:

Glint

Country flag
Re: Chinese video game 'Glorious Mission' chooses US Army for its

Shouldn't India try making it's own game? I mean, i'm pretty sure India has a better IT sector to pull off a better game with better graphics.

And US released Battlefield 4 which shows China as its primary enemy so they are kinda being a hypocrite in this situation..

Although i gotta admit they did a pretty damn good job at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Must be great to play video games and get paid at the same time. :cool2:
Actually no. It's a shitty job. Beta testing sucks, playing pro though is better. But you need mad skills to compete at that level :(

skumar7777

India doesn't use airpower in CT because its a horrible strategy that cause huge collateral damage, not because we can't afford it, using airpower in CT probably creates more terrorist than it kills. How many times in a month do we here about schools being destroyed and wedding parties being bombed in Afganistan by US wrongly identifies the target from the air.
"How many times in a month do we here about schools being destroyed and wedding parties being bombed in Afganistan by US wrongly identifies the target from the air."

You cannot go after militants inside Pakistan on a regular basis without occupying that territory. If the US or NATO occupy Pakistan or part of it that would really be too impractical, not to mention too risky. That's why the US and NATO have to fall back on technology to execute their harassing tactics. The whole Western military establishment was not ready for this kind of warfare but I think they are adopting.
I think the point that was made was that the sensitivity to collateral damage is higher in the Indian armed forces than the US armed forces. It has been proven over and over by the US - in Iraq, Afghanistan etc recently and in Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Germany in an earlier era and by India in SL, Bangladesh etc where casualties could have been lowered by lowering "risks". Smart is not necessarily right.

"Massive casualty causing events" has been a part of US military strategy - refer to articles by Gen Tommy Franks ex-Iraq commander. Basically kill enemy civilians and then blame the enemy for causing the deaths.

Also, the US has not been tested by a real "enemy" in recent decades. Hypothetical battles with Russia or China will not be played the way it is with Iraq or Afghanistan. Supply lines will be hit and the US would be fighting for water if not breath. This is not to say that US soldiers are not brave, but as said, it is difficult to say who will be top gun if the big one comes again. If it does, I expect the US to use nuclear weapons again, now enough to destroy the world many times over, if it does not make headway or is close to being repelled.

Back to the thread, I see no reason for the US to be touchy about being portrayed the enemy in a computer game. China is frequently the enemy in US games. What's the problem? Probably the Chinese think that the US would make the most formidable foes, if not the most likely.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

Big deal. EA's Battlefield franchise has had PLA as a playable faction against USMC for close to a decade now. I've been a Battlefield veteran since "1942."

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Big deal. EA's Battlefield franchise has had PLA as a playable faction against USMC for close to a decade now. I've been a Battlefield veteran since "1942."

Liked 4?

Also, you hate CoD?

Glint

Country flag

Found the gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles