Chinese vessels in Kerala waters under Sri Lankan flag

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

The problem that afflicts you it that you fill your mind with the meaningless stimuli of a world preoccupied with meaningless things, and you find yourself uneasy to feel peace in your heart.

Why should Sri Lanka abrogate its own sovereign rights in the face of Indian displeasure? Why should it care?

The real funny thing here is how Sri Lanka activities in their own EEZ get classified as an internal security matter in India. @HeinzGud, it almost sounds like India is claiming the entire island as "an internal affair" :rofl:
Being a Chinese, you will not understand that for international Agreements, Treaties or Pacts, the Parliament has to pass the same for it to be ratified before it becomes operational.

In the case of Kachchativu island, which is an uninhabited island, where Tamil fisherfolk used to dry their net and catch, Indira Gandhi, unilaterally handed the island over to SL. The Parliament did not ratify the Agreement.

Therefore, the Agreement is null and void.

Hence, it is not for SL to abrogate any sovereign right.

India has not yet acted because it is not like China, which whips out Nine Dashes on a Map and claims islands, reefs and shoals and then sends warships to forcibly occupy such fraudulent claim lines!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think it is a slap in the face for India. Because GOI didn't take much precautions to stop illegal poaching by TN fisherman in SL water and now they have to face the big and better Chinese fishing vessels.
You overestimate the Chinese Navy.

Further, you also overestimate your capability.

I will leave it at that.

Kito

It is funny to see stupidity of Indian posters here.
How a Chinese vessel engage in illegal fishing in "Kerala waters" ? India has right to arrest or take any action if any vessel under which ever flag engage in illegal fishing in their waters! If Sri Lanka has allowed to use our flag it must be with in our waters, why Indian members cry for that?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is funny to see stupidity of Indian posters here.
How a Chinese vessel engage in illegal fishing in "Kerala waters" ? India has right to arrest or take any action if any vessel under which ever flag engage in illegal fishing in their waters! If Sri Lanka has allowed to use our flag it must be with in our waters, why Indian members cry for that?
Actually, the Indian posters are not idiotic.

Idiotic are the ones who cannot understand English.

The English that alarms is:

close to common fishing ground between India and Sri Lanka would affect the livelihood of thousands of fishermen .

The Chinese vessels, reported to be more than 150 feet long, would sweep clean India's best deep-sea fishing resource in the Wadge Bank, south of Cape Comorin and extending up to Sri Lanka over an area of about 4,000 sq. miles,

I hope the issue as to where the idiocy lies is thus resolved.

Funny, isn't it?

As the saying goes - He laughs the best, who laughs last!

Mountains will go into labour, and a silly little mouse will be born.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
I think it is a slap in the face for India. Because GOI didn't take much precautions to stop illegal poaching by TN fisherman in SL water and now they have to face the big and better Chinese fishing vessels.
The same GOI can also give a hard kick at your edited A$$... then again you will start crying foul...

Kito

Actually, the Indian posters are not idiotic.

Idiotic are the ones who cannot understand English.

The English that alarms is:

close to common fishing ground between India and Sri Lanka would affect the livelihood of thousands of fishermen .

The Chinese vessels, reported to be more than 150 feet long, would sweep clean India's best deep-sea fishing resource in the Wadge Bank, south of Cape Comorin and extending up to Sri Lanka over an area of about 4,000 sq. miles, which was a common fishing ground for the two neighbouring countries

I hope the issue as to where the idiocy lies is thus resolved.

Funny, isn't it?

As the saying goes - He laughs the best, who laughs last!

Mountains will go into labour, and a silly little mouse will be born.
Another Indian is showing his stupidity without reading OP's thread title and my comment properly. If you cannot read properly then here's the thread title "Chinese vessels in Kerala waters under Sri Lankan flag". OP is seeing Chinese vessels in Kerala waters, India should act fast! LOL

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Another Indian is showing his stupidity without reading OP's thread title and my comment properly. If you cannot read properly then here's the thread title "Chinese vessels in Kerala waters under Sri Lankan flag". OP is seeing Chinese vessels in Kerala waters, India should act fast! LOL
Please understand that this forum takes it that the posters are intelligent, educated, matured and not prone to being shallow and superficial, who by reading only Headlines or title of threads, make up their minds.to burst forth like a gas baloon and then wobble to fall flat thereafter like as if it were a prick like in consequence.

In so far as stupidity is concerned, those who read headlines and thread titles and then comment personify their immense and unfathomable stupidity and superficiality, apart from indicating their supercilious bent of mind.

To appear intelligent, or at least educated, one must read the post, understand it and then comment. That is the least one can do without appearing totally a cretin and an imbecile!

May I remind you that - Only two things are infinite, the universe and your stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I am now convinced of the power of your stupidity!

Please be free to expose yourself in full bloom of assorted weaknesses of your infantile mind to comprehend beyond the title or the headlines!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Kito,,

I assure you that I would not have been so cutting and blunt had you not taken everyone else but you to be stupid.

Do understand, we too are human and we too have feelings.

However, should one want to be and also appear clever by half, and gloat, then one has to show that the person is not clever by even a zero!

So, those who want to appear as 'heroes' must be brought down to their level and told that they are but 'zeros'.

Kito

@Ray I don't understand what's wrong with you. You clearly give a miss to that Indian OP's intention. OP has changed the title to get attention from other Indian posters and others go on blaming Sri Lanka and China.

If something happens in "Kerala waters" which is Indian territorial waters India has right to act. If Chinese are fishing in our waters India has no right to talk about that. They do that taking permission from GoSL which is legal way to do it.
According to my knowledge there isn't any common fishing ground which belongs to India and Sri Lanka. Mainly this is international waters which belongs to neither India nor Sri Lanka.

(Don't show your stupidity again and again. You me be a senior poster on this forum but it doesn't tell you are smarter than others. :) Real heroes are the humans who accept mistakes! Cheers!)

EXPERT

mujhe chini chahiye isliye mai SRILANKA se mangwa raha tha , nothing else ........ keep this cool..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray I don't understand what's wrong with you. You clearly give a miss to that Indian OP's intention. OP has changed the title to get attention from other Indian posters and others go on blaming Sri Lanka and China.

If something happens in "Kerala waters" which is Indian territorial waters India has right to act. If Chinese are fishing in our waters India has no right to talk about that. They do that taking permission from GoSL which is legal way to do it.
According to my knowledge there isn't any common fishing ground which belongs to India and Sri Lanka. Mainly this is international waters which belongs to neither India nor Sri Lanka.

(Don't show your stupidity again and again. You me be a senior poster on this forum but it doesn't tell you are smarter than others. :) Real heroes are the humans who accept mistakes! Cheers!)
In this forum we don't go by intentions.

We go by what has been written.

(Don't show your stupidity again and again. You me be a senior poster on this forum but it doesn't tell you are smarter than others. :) Real heroes are the humans who accept mistakes! Cheers!)[

My recommendation to you is that it is better you remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

You have proved you are totally a stupid imbecile wherein the Title alone has got you going. That is what you have indicated in your post highlight the title in bold and drawing my attention to it, and at the same time, failing to read the news-report to understand the facts. You are a moving Punch and Judy show!

Only a fool does not read the details within and understand the context.

I am astounded that you are totally deficient in comprehending simple English or have the minimum of grey matter to analyse a news- report before exposing your imbecility.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Kito

In this forum we don't go by intentions.

We go by what has been written.

My recommendation to you is that it is better you remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

You have proved you are totally a stupid imbecile wherein the Title alone has got you going. That is what you have indicated in your post highlight the title in bold and drawing my attention to it, and at the same time, failing to read the news-report to understand the facts. You are a moving Punch and Judy show!

Only a fool does not read the details within and understand the context.

I am astounded that you are totally deficient in comprehending simple English or have the minimum of grey matter to analyse a news- report before exposing your imbecility.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Dude, all the stuff in your comment is off topic stuff.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dude, all the stuff in your comment is off topic stuff.
Not quite.

As the Chairman, it is incumbent to ensure that you do not degrade the quality of the debate with superficial and cursory attention to the content of the posts.

And such a handling leads to redundant posts and unnecessary acrimony that is best avoidable.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Those fishing vessels could be like the Soviet trawlers which were actually electronic surveillance and hydrographic vessels.
Trawling for Secrets — Soviet Spy Ships « Bayard & Holmes

The US military and intelligence services referred to these trawlers as AGI's (Auxiliary General Intelligence). The trawlers' basic task was to patrol near the US coast, as well as US foreign ports and other foreign naval bases. They collected intelligence via their various radio receivers, sonar sets, and radar detection equipment. In addition, they reported any visual observations of US naval activity to their HQ. Besides operating near bases and ports, trawlers were tasked with trailing any US Naval Task Forces and Carrier Groups at sea.
Soviet Trawlers Cause Another Incident 1959

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/soviet-trawlers-cause-another-incident/query/01300400

Last edited:

natarajan

It was first reported by tamil fishermen,this is the reason they drive out tamil fishermen.but our government busy donating islands and impotent goi we cant expect anything.Now even tiny countries threatening us

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
No.

Just learnt something from the Chinese.

Should not board.

Just ram!
Sir, the Bayard and Holmes article to which I supplied a link has discussion about USN ramming operations against Soviet trawlers. It is not trivial!
After the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962, the White House authorized the Pentagon to take a more aggressive posture toward trawlers that endangered US vessels or directly hampered operations in international waters. The Pentagon set strict rules about how far Navy ships could go in responding to harassing trawlers. The US vessels were permitted to closely approach the trawlers and even bump them if necessary. They were permitted, when possible, to foul the trawlers' propulsion screws with cables to disable them, but they were not permitted to sink the trawlers.

The trawlers were not as easy to harass as desk bound officers in the Pentagon assumed. On paper it all seemed simple enough, but at sea it was not quite so easy. The trawlers were slower than US Navy ships but very maneuverable, and bumping them with just the right amount of speed was a tricky proposition. As any two ships approach on a near parallel course at even a moderate speed, a pressure wave builds up between the two ships and the pressure varies as the distance of the two vessels changes. This makes bumping very tricky.

When US destroyers attempted bumps, the Soviet crews were usually able to turn away just in time to avoid it. Naturally, these same destroyers were often equipped with extra electronics equipment and personnel. It is a testament to the skill of both the Soviet and Allied sailors during the Cold War that, in spite of the thousands of close contacts between US Carrier Group vessels and Soviet trawlers, there were no collisions.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir, the Bayard and Holmes article to which I supplied a link has discussion about USN ramming operations against Soviet trawlers. It is not trivial!
:)

Now I know from where the Chinese learnt the trick and finetuned it!

DivineHeretic

Country flag
@Ray Sir,

Your fears of Chinese sending Spying Vessels under the garb of fishing trawlers are not unfounded. There has already been atleast an occurance made public of a Chinese vessel taking keen interest of our Missile tests. More importantly, this ship supposedly ran to Sri Lankan waters to evade capture by IN.

New Delhi:-India detected a Chinese spy ship disguised as a fishing trawler in the Indian Ocean a few months ago. By the time ship figured in the Indian radars, it had operated already for about 22 days and was positioned off-the cost of Little Anadaman - an area which is considered sensitive and crucial in the ongoing battle for supremacy over the Indian Ocean region between India and China.

Immediately after detection an Indian Navy Ship was sent after it. However, since the Chinese ship was in international waters, no punitive action could be taken against it. The Indian Naval ship, instead, tailed the Chinese ship sending out a clear message that India was aware of its actual mission. In order to avoid the Indian Navy tail, the Chinese Ship moved towards Sri Lanka and docked at the Colombo. Inquiries by the Indian security agencies revealed that ship as many as 22 Laboratories on board.

A report sent up to government, which NDTV has access to, claims that the Chinese ship was mapping the Indian Ocean and picking up crucial Bathymetric data. Other Laboratories on board the ship were designed to collect data on the currents of the Indian Ocean, the temperature at various depths and also very crucially, underwater obstructions and obstacles. Bathymetric data is crucial for submarine and Carrier based operations. Information about ocean currents, on the other hand, is crucial if torpedoes are to be used.

Why does China need this data?

India's assessment is China will be able to carry out Aircraft carrier based operations by 2017. China doesn't have an operational aircraft carrier yet. The collection of data from the Indian Ocean is designed towards this. Once the Chinese Carrier Battle Group is ready for operations the Indian Ocean region will be one of the main focus areas of China. This will not help China secure the shipping lanes that carry its exports towards Europe and North America but protect oil and coal imports. However, the presence of the Chinese Navy in the Indian Ocean region cannot be altogether benign for India. In fact the presence of a Carrier Battle Group in Indian Ocean region is a serious military threat for India. Chinese ground forces already have an edge over their Indian counterparts along the land borders. Chinese naval presence in Indian Ocean region is, therefore, a cause of serious concern for India.

China monitors Indian missile programme

What is also worrying Indian security agencies is the presence several Chinese fishing trawlers along Wheeler Island off the Orissa coast during test launches of missiles. All Indian missiles are tested from Wheeler Islands. Security agencies have told the government that fishing trawlers are most likely monitoring the Indian missile test launches and colleting telemetric data of the missile. Telemetric data is crucial to build effective counter measure against missiles.

China ship with 22 labs spied on India | NDTV.com

Anyone here believing this is just an innocent treaty has his head buried deep in the sand. Nothing about Chinese maneuvres is ever benign in nature.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles