Chinese subs irk US Think Tanks

Country flag
I am not sure about capabilities of RISAT 2 but surely they cannot match USA satellites. We need to develop very strong and capable satellites that can spot chinese subs. In my opinion they will be biggest threat in any conventional war.USA will not transfer its technolagy to any country unless they develop something better than that .
Hope our Israeli friend will come again to our help.
The capabilities of RISAT can only be speculated and from my previous links you can see it is a copy of TECSAR and it is a SAR satellite, If SAR satellites in 1978 claimed to have submarine tracking ability, I guess a lot have progressed since then , RISAT is probably much more advanced.USA has for Israeli help in some areas of the their satellite program. RISAT can map the ocean floor so think about it??

SHASH2K2

The capabilities of RISAT can only be speculated and from my previous links you can see it is a copy of TECSAR and it is a SAR satellite, If SAR satellites in 1978 claimed to have submarine tracking ability, I guess a lot have progressed since then , RISAT is probably much more advanced.USA has for Israeli help in some areas of the their satellite program. RISAT can map the ocean floor so think about it??
Good to know that . But I am sure Uncle same is having something bigger and better in store for them. Was it just purchased from Israel or it was co developed ? What I mean to know is if we have development know how of this satellite.

Country flag
USA is always a generation or 20 years ahead of the rest of the world, we don't need to try to keep up with USA which has military hegemony over the planet, just meeting our security needs is good enough. Most of the satellite except for the SAR lense was developed and launched by India.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Good news. Does chinese have same capability in terms of satellites Imaging?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles