Chinese protest in Guanzhou

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Chinese protest in Guanzhou

The protest is getting worst in Xintan(新塘) town,Guangzhou(廣州) city,southern China.After 3 night,the protest isn't go smooth,police and PLA soliders are go into the town and go control the city.

About 10000 peolpe are angry the event that the pregnant woman from Sichuan(四川), work in Guangzhou to sell the Jeans vendors but the police want her to leave and beating her seriously.

At first many of the protest are workers from Sichua,throw rocks,destroy police cars, then other civilian are join the protest destroy everywhere,burn the government building,and attack the police.

Now there have 5 people been killed,several people arrested,people on the internet said the PLA is go into the city and town,more then 2700 troops and 30 armed vehicles go inside.

SIW

廣州騷亂升級 軍警進駐實施軍管 @ 海峽國際網 SIW :: 痞客邦 PIXNET ::
BBC News - China unrest: 25 arrested after clashes with police

event map

:tsk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The protest position
1.Xintan town(the protest point)
2.Guangzhou city
3.Fuoshan city
4.Shilong town in Donguan city
5.107 high way
6.Shenjen city
7.Juchang river to the sea side

Black square words(from top to down)
Guangzhou city
Fanyu city
Shunde city

kickok1975

The whole thing started from city officials knock down a pregnant women caused her miscarriage.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
The whole thing started from city officials knock down a pregnant women caused her miscarriage.
Ouch ... gross. That shouldn't have happened. Cops get very rash at times and it happens at a lot of places but minucipal officials !!
What is to be seen now is, does any of them (the cops) gets suspended or even questioned about this and whether the woman receives any relief/help from the Govt.

Regards,
Virendra

ganesh177

Country flag
Yes thats just a trigger, but the boil was already there in the minds of common chinese, isn't it.
1307947961159.jpg

Who are the ones sitting down ? police ?

amoy

I read that's also a clash btwn local Cantonese and influx of Sichuan migrant workers

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think that this is the reason why there was this trouble.

Underlying frustrations at social pressures including rampant food prices, house price inflation and corruption among local officials have also stoked the outburst of anger.

China has about 145m rural migrant workers. Though many of them have gained better wages and treatment in recent years, the gap between them and established urban residents remains stark, feeding anger at discrimination and ill-treatment. A pregnant stallholder assaulted by guards would embody that resentment in the eyes of many migrants.
FT.com / China - Police quell migrant riots in China
The inequalities will always cause frustrations.

Though all claim to be Han Chinese, but the difference amongst them by regions and other issues leads to a feeling that some are discriminated.

Very natural.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
New pics event in 6/11 in Xintan, near Guanzhou city.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The policewoman is carrying a shopping bag.

Either it proves that things are not that serious, or it happens so often that is taken to be routine!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
^^ this is not a picture from the Guangzhou riots. This is an earlier picture i saw it long time back...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I don't know, I copied it from a post (Post #7) above.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pNBQNIfya...Vvuh-NPcA/s1600/26_121639_d94349276fec75f.jpg

So, you mean to say that some are fudging photos to make China look bad?
That's not what I meant. Kunal must have posted the pics (Post #7) to show example of Guangzhou policewoman uniforms.

I saw it on China Defense Blog. Here is the link:
China Defense Blog: Sexist photos of the day: Guangzhou Policewomen
Its dated 30-May-2011.

kickok1975

Riot police is different. Those freaking policewomen are nothing but showcase of Guangzhou government. I doubt they have serious combatan ability. Look at their pink helmet, what a joke. It would be easy target and clear sign of their existance.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
i heard the normal police go in blue uniforms. So what are these policeman?
Anyway the pink helmets are cute like they just came out of an anime. :thumb:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles