Chinese President Visit to US

badguy2000

Respected Member
I was watching an ABC report on this and they called China a "Super Power." I about fell out of my seat laughing.
well, keep you ass on your seat......

BTW, most of Chinese ,including me ,think that the title of "one 3rd world country" is much valuable than the title of "superpower".

anyhow, the title of "the 3rd world country" means that other countries give aids to you while the title of "superpower" means that you give aids to others.

Last edited:

kickok1975

BTW, most of Chinese ,including me ,always think that China is a 3rd world country.
Hey, watch the word.

Super power or not is not that important. Chinese people are realistic.

houde10000

Country flag

BTW, most of Chinese ,including me ,always think that China is a 3rd world country.
And India is fourth world country

Sorry, it is just a joking!! India is also a super power

badguy2000

Respected Member
Hey, watch the word.

the title is not important at all while th gun and wallet indeed matter.

what CHina should pay more attention to is to build biggest gun and have most thick wallet.....

May the stone-broke titles such as "superpower" be left for the country who wants to be "shining"!

Last edited:

houde10000

Country flag
Hey, watch the word.

It doesn't matter you want to be or not, when your ass is big enough, you need a big chair, what chinese said is not important, what China will be is important.

kickok1975

First time in histroy, Chinese president acknowledge: China has a long way to improve in Human rights

Hu admits China has long way to go on rights

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Chinese President Hu Jintao acknowledged on Wednesday that a great deal more needed to be done on human rights in his country, but also stressed "national circumstances" were different in China.
As he welcomed Hu to the White House for a high-profile state visit, US President Barack Obama urged his Chinese counterpart to uphold human rights, saying it could prove key to China's future success.
"History shows that societies are more harmonious, nations are more successful and the world is more just when the rights and responsibilities of all nations and all people are upheld," he said.
"Including the universal rights of every human being," Obama added.
Hu was later grilled on the contentious human rights issue as he and Obama faced journalists at a joint White House press conference.
Pressed a second time to comment on alleged rights abuses in China after a first question appeared to be lost in translation, Hu claimed "enormous progress" had been made and said China was "always committed" to the protection and promotion of human rights.
"China recognizes and also respects the universality of human rights but at the same time we do believe that we do need to take into account the different national circumstances when it comes to human rights," he said.

"China is a developing country with a huge population and also a developing country in crucial stage of reform," he said, admitting "a lot needs to be done in China in terms of human rights."
At the joint press conference, Obama also acknowledged Beijing and Washington had different opinions on human rights and freedoms.
"China has a different political system than we do. China is at a different stage of development than we are," Obama said. "We come from very different cultures and with very different histories."
He said he had been "very candid" with Hu during their talks about issues such as freedom of speech, religion and assembly, admitting "occasionally they are a source of tension between our two governments."
But Obama added he believed, "we can engage and discuss these issues in a frank and candid way, focus on the areas where we agree, while acknowledging there are going to be areas where we disagree.
"I want to suggest that there has been an evolution in China over the last 30 years since the first normalization of relations between the United States and China.
"And my expectation is that 30 years from now we will have seen further evolution and further change," Obama added.

badguy2000

Respected Member
First time in histroy, Chinese president acknowledge: China has a long way to improve in Human rights

Hu admits China has long way to go on rights

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Chinese President Hu Jintao acknowledged on Wednesday that a great deal more needed to be done on human rights in his country, but also stressed "national circumstances" were different in China.
As he welcomed Hu to the White House for a high-profile state visit, US President Barack Obama urged his Chinese counterpart to uphold human rights, saying it could prove key to China's future success.
"History shows that societies are more harmonious, nations are more successful and the world is more just when the rights and responsibilities of all nations and all people are upheld," he said.
"Including the universal rights of every human being," Obama added.
Hu was later grilled on the contentious human rights issue as he and Obama faced journalists at a joint White House press conference.
Pressed a second time to comment on alleged rights abuses in China after a first question appeared to be lost in translation, Hu claimed "enormous progress" had been made and said China was "always committed" to the protection and promotion of human rights.
"China recognizes and also respects the universality of human rights but at the same time we do believe that we do need to take into account the different national circumstances when it comes to human rights," he said.

"China is a developing country with a huge population and also a developing country in crucial stage of reform," he said, admitting "a lot needs to be done in China in terms of human rights."
At the joint press conference, Obama also acknowledged Beijing and Washington had different opinions on human rights and freedoms.
"China has a different political system than we do. China is at a different stage of development than we are," Obama said. "We come from very different cultures and with very different histories."
He said he had been "very candid" with Hu during their talks about issues such as freedom of speech, religion and assembly, admitting "occasionally they are a source of tension between our two governments."
But Obama added he believed, "we can engage and discuss these issues in a frank and candid way, focus on the areas where we agree, while acknowledging there are going to be areas where we disagree.
"I want to suggest that there has been an evolution in China over the last 30 years since the first normalization of relations between the United States and China.
"And my expectation is that 30 years from now we will have seen further evolution and further change," Obama added.
Of course CHina is never perfect.....however,west-mode is not fit for CHina at all.

Frankly speaking, democracy is not fit for China ,I think.

China might have to find one unique model for itself,between autocracy and democracy.

kickok1975

the title is not important at all while th gun and wallet indeed matter.

what CHina should pay more attention to is to build biggest gun and have most thick wallet.....

May the stone-broke titles such as "superpower" be left for the country who wants to be "shining"!
Chinese government should lear how to treat her own people well before building biggest gun or deepest wallet.

kickok1975

Of course CHina is never perfect.....however,west-mode is not fit for CHina at all.

Frankly speaking, democracy is not fit for China ,I think.

China might have to find one unique model for itself,between autocracy and democracy.
Democracy may not fit China for now. But Chinese people can't live in autocracy forever. It's time for CCP to make some changes. As well as economic reform, we need political reform too otherwise our economic miracle will come to an end. Look at how much profit state controled firms made last year compare to private sector. Did they earn these profit because of good management? Hell no! It's called Monopoly. And they are making more profit than ever on the cost of private business.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

BTW, most of Chinese ,including me ,think that the title of "one 3rd world country" is much valuable than the title of "superpower".

anyhow, the title of "the 3rd world country" means that other countries give aids to you while the title of "superpower" means that you give aids to others.
I know you prefer to be considered 3rd world, means you don't have any responsibilities. I wasn't talking about 3rd world or developed, I was talking about SUPER POWER. That means you have both the economy and military to compete with USA. Looking at the economic growth since 2000, the US economy has grown more than China.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Democracy may not fit China for now. But Chinese people can't live in autocracy forever. It's time for CCP to make some changes. As well as economic reform, we need political reform too otherwise our economic miracle will come to an end. Look at how much profit state controled firms made last year compare to private sector. Did they earn these profit because of good management? Hell no! It's called Monopoly. And they are making more profit than ever on the cost of private business.
I believe, by democracy BG meant the western mode. In general democracy is a good thing, it is something we Chinese need to pursue and cherish. But democracy of western style doesn't suit China at all, at least it is not something suitable for the present China.

There are a lot of flaws in the current Chinese system, no one is disputing that. I agree that political and economic reforms are urgently needed, but that doesn't mean China should copy a system from west. China ought to find a way that fits herself, I believe that is the point BG and other Chinese members are trying to make.

kickok1975

I believe, by democracy BG meant the western mode. In general democracy is a good thing, it is something we Chinese need to pursue and cherish. But democracy of western style doesn't suit China at all, at least it is not something suitable for the present China.

There are a lot of flaws in the current Chinese system, no one is disputing that. I agree that political and economic reforms are urgently needed, but that doesn't mean China should copy a system from west. China ought to find a way that fits herself, I believe that is the point BG and other Chinese members are trying to make.
I agree with this. I hope CCP recognize it and act accordingly.

kickok1975

Obama: $45B deals show China's rise can help US

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is looking to assure Americans that they should not fear China's economic rise, using Chinese President Hu Jintao's high-profile state visit to announce job-creating business deals worth billions of dollars to U.S. companies.
On another big American concern, human rights, Hu conceded that "a lot still needs to be done" to improve China's record.
The business deals and Hu's human rights comments were among the highlights of a ceremony-packed day seen as key to building trust between the world's top two powers.
Five years after his last visit to the White House, one that was marred by protocol blunders, Hu was feted Wednesday with the full pomp of a state visit, including a lavish dinner with some of Washington's most powerful figures and other luminaries.
The two sides played down differences and stressed areas of cooperation, ranging from a plan to cooperate on nuclear security to an extension of the loan of two Chinese pandas to Washington's zoo.
On Thursday, Hu could face a tougher audience when he meets with U.S. lawmakers — a few of whom skipped the dinner and have been deeply critical of China's authoritarian government.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., called Hu "a dictator" in an interview Wednesday, although he later tried to recant the comment. In the House, several Republican lawmakers assailed the Chinese government's record on human rights, military expansion, financial strategy and weapons sales.
Later Thursday, Hu was to address trade and economic concerns at the U.S.-China Business Council in Washington.
Economic ties, long seen as a source of stability in the often rocky U.S.-China relationship, have caused friction in recent years. U.S. manufacturers assert that China undervalues its currency by as much as 40 percent, making its exports cheaper at the expense of those from the United States, contributing to high U.S. unemployment.
Obama bluntly restated that concern Wednesday, saying China's government had "intervened very forcefully" in the currency markets to the tune of $200 billion "just recently." He also highlighted intellectual property rights violations, citing Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer as saying that only 1 customer in 10 of Microsoft products in China is actually paying for them.
But Obama also stressed the importance of the growing economic bonds between the two superpowers and said China was taking significant steps to curtail the theft of intellectual property and expand U.S. investment.
He said the newly announced business deals worth $45 billion — which include a highly sought-after $19 billion deal for 200 Boeing airplanes — would help create 235,000 U.S. jobs, in addition to the half-million U.S. jobs already generated by the United States' annual $100 billion in exports to China.
"I absolutely believe China's peaceful rise is good for the world, and it's good for America," Obama told a joint news conference, addressing a major concern in Beijing that the United States wants to see China's growth constrained.
"We just want to make sure that (its) rise occurs in a way that reinforces international norms, international rules, and enhances security and peace, as opposed to it being a source of conflict either in the region or around the world," Obama said.
Standing alongside one another at podiums, against a backdrop of U.S. and Chinese flags, the two leaders vowed closer cooperation on critical issues such as increasing trade and combating nuclear proliferation. But they also acknowledged their differences, especially over human rights.
Obama has faced criticism for granting the state dinner to the Chinese communist leader, whose visit comes just a month after jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama won the prize the previous year.
At the news conference, Obama described the rights of freedom of speech, religion and assembly as "core views" for Americans and said he drove that home forcefully in his discussions with Hu.
Hu responded that human rights should be viewed in the context of different national circumstances but, in an unusual concession for a Chinese leader on the world stage, acknowledged, "A lot still needs to be done in China on human rights."
He said China was willing to engage in dialogue with the U.S. and other nations on the issue, but countries must exercise "the principle of noninterference in each other's internal affairs" — hinting at China's customary resistance to debate on it.
Rights activists welcomed Hu's comments but said they needed to be backed up by action to ameliorate a host of concerns, including mass detentions without trial in China, persecution of rights activists and ethnic minorities and crackdowns on Falun Gong practitioners.
"It's good to hear him make such an acknowledgment, but they are no more than words until we see serious changes in policy and practice," said Sophie Richardson, Asia advocacy director for Human Rights Watch.
She noted that China had issued "similar rhetoric" in the past.
And China typically defines human rights in terms of improvements in quality of life such as higher incomes and better living conditions, rather than civil liberties such as freedom of speech that define such values in the West.

kickok1975

Some "Chinese" Celebrities attend dinner

Jackie Chen

Michelle Kuwan

Yo Yo Ma

"Mis Murdoch of News group: Den Wendi"

Designer Weiwei Wang

Formal Secratary of Labor Chao

The guy in "Law and order"

Okland city femal Mayor

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China employs 500,000 Americans... US employs 50 million Chinese.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China owns US 0, US owns China 1.2 trillion. US is helping China, China is helping US
The word you are looking for is OWES. US owes China $800 billion, not $1.2 trillion and China is dumping the dollar for awhile now. The point being, China benefits several factors more from the US than the other way around.

kickok1975

The word you are looking for is OWES. US owes China $800 billion, not $1.2 trillion and China is dumping the dollar for awhile now. The point being, China benefits several factors more from the US than the other way around.
Official Treasury purchasing directly from Chinese goverment is more than 900 billion. There are 300~400 billion indirectly from UK, HongKong and other offshore institutions.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles