Chinese president to visit Pakistan, hammer out $46-billion deal

brational

Country flag
We must start reiterating our claims on GB and POK and this time extend it to Chitral. China and Pakistan can not have fun on Indian territory. All projects will vanish from the drawing board. Its time to let others know our political and national will on foreign occupation of our land. Hopefully we will see a clear stand on it after the PM concludes China tour..

no smoking

Country flag
China's offer is basically setting up infrastructure that will be done by Chinese companies.

And so the money remains in Chinese hands and to China's advantage is what I think it is all about.
Well, you forget one tiny thing: Pakistan gets a RAILWAY.

brational

Country flag
China Plants a MANGO TREE in Pakistan with the condition that It's the responsibility of Pakistan to save the tree and the fruits from pest attacks and the fertilizers and pesticides to be sourced from China then China will pluck all the fruits and take back to China Free of Cost and Pakistan will keep paying the installments for the Mango Tree given by China. When you ask a Pakistani and Chinese what Pakistan has got? Both the Pakistani and the Chinese will gracefully answer that Pakistan has got the MANGO TREE. Bolo Ta ra ra ra...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well, you forget one tiny thing: Pakistan gets a RAILWAY.
You forget a most important fact.

Pakistan has no faith in your railway since the Locomotives given earlier all turned out to be duds.

amoy

Pakistani's story one of friendship to China

Thirty-two-year-old Manzoor Hussian has never been to China, but the country and its people have featured prominently in the lives of ordinary Pakistanis. It plays a part in his earliest memories.

Manzoor's father, Madad Hussian, worked as a volunteer keeper at a Chinese cemetery for 33 years, until his death in 2010.

"My father never met the Chinese people who are resting in the cemetery, but he shared a lot of stories about how they helped us to build roads in Pakistan. I think he respected all of those buried ones his whole life," said Manzoor, who was born and grew up nearby.

Back in the 1960s and 1970s, tens of thousands of Chinese workers and engineers were sent to Pakistan to help build the Karakoram Highway connecting Pakistan to China. Hundreds died during the construction, and 88 of those are buried in the cemetery near Manzoor's home.

His father helped build the cemetery in early 1970; afterward, he applied to be its keeper.

"I was told that those Chinese workers were very disciplined. They lived in tents, planted vegetables around their tents and cooked by themselves. They built roads for us, but never took advantage," Manzoor said.

Because of those stories, Manzoor decided to take over his father's responsibilities. He often takes the late shift, from 3 pm to 8 am the next morning. He has met some of the workers' families.

"When the family comes to visit the graves, they often ask me, 'Do you know how he or she died?' Of course, I wouldn't know those details since I was born after the cemetery was established. But I can feel the pain and sense of loss those Chinese families have over their loved ones. All I can do is to keep up the cemetery as well as possible to make sure they will want to visit again," he said.

Besides family members, many Chinese workers in Pakistan, and officials from both countries, often visit the cemetery, especially for Tomb Sweeping Day.

Local students also visit the cemetery to learn the history of friendship between China and Pakistan, Manzoor said.

When Foreign Minister Wang Yi spoke in February at the inauguration of the Year of China-Pakistan Friendly Exchanges, the Hussian family's story came up.

"This touching story has become legendary," Wang said.

nimo_cn

Country flag
You forget a most important fact.

Pakistan has no faith in your railway since the Locomotives given earlier all turned out to be duds.
how many times have you told us that story?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk 2

nimo_cn

Country flag
China Plants a MANGO TREE in Pakistan with the condition that It's the responsibility of Pakistan to save the tree and the fruits from pest attacks and the fertilizers and pesticides to be sourced from China then China will pluck all the fruits and take back to China Free of Cost and Pakistan will keep paying the installments for the Mango Tree given by China. When you ask a Pakistani and Chinese what Pakistan has got? Both the Pakistani and the Chinese will gracefully answer that Pakistan has got the MANGO TREE. Bolo Ta ra ra ra...
dont feel pity for Pakistan. the way you act is like a jealous bitch.

t_co

@pmaitra

Saw a presentation in a Chinese bank that said this corridor would "open up a second coast for China" and make Pakistan rich, "as if it was China's version of California". There is a proposal for laying a branch of the corridor to Karachi and building infrastructure there equivalent to the road/rail network of Los Angeles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illusive

Country flag
:rofl: China is really opening its border to terrorists, i haven't seen people more happier for their doom. California :rofl:, they'll turn Xianxiang into another Afghanistan and take you guys for a ride just like they did to the Americans.

sorcerer

Country flag
China Invests..
China controls the investment
China harvests

Pakistan will remain a tired RANDI who couldnt climax.

brational

Country flag
dont feel pity for Pakistan. the way you act is like a jealous bitch.

Oh, truth hurts! If someone shows you the mirror you call him jealous bitch but term the bi-lateral think tank as RANDI? This is how China treats her Iron Brother. Hope u can figure out why people feel pity for Pakistan..
:shocked:

Last edited:

amoy

China Invests..
China controls the investment
China harvests

Pakistan will remain a tired RANDI who couldnt climax.
In this world only Indians believe investment= freebies :rofl:

Of course investors must be profit oriented COMMERCIALLY. That's called WIN-WIN, i.e. both sides attain what they desire - Pakistanis will have employment, infra, electricity etc..

On SECURITY a properous Pakistan will not only subdue extremism , but also stablize Afghansitan as her strategic depth after the US phase-out.

Another indian perspective --
At the strategic level this corridor is perceived as realization of China's long term strategic objective of gaining access to the Indian Ocean through building a Strategic Land Bridge or Continental bridge from Xinjiang to Gwadar. The other strategic land bridge for connecting to Indian Ocean is through Myanmar. Some of the arguments like China's need for avoiding the Malacca Dilemma are well known.

Further, development of Gwadar port and its operation by China needs to be seen as part of the broader Chinese Grand Maritime Strategy which has been under way for some years. Though Gwadar would be an economic hub mainly catering to commercial interests that would be mutually useful to Pakistan and China yet the much talked about commercial activity has not taken off as yet. The development of roads and communication networks to the hinterland has also not taken place in any meaningful way.
According to Ayesha Siddiqa, a well known Pakistani analyst the Chinese model for countries like Pakistan and Sri Lanka is to exploit their need for investment in infrastructure development. There are huge projects conceived, such as the new seaport near Colombo, as well as power plants and roads that make the country appear modern, but at an extremely high cost. Beijing has the kind of capital it can invest in such places where it is guaranteed higher returns. She opines that the relationship is based on a collusion of interests between the ruling elite of the recipient state and the government in China.
- See more at: China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: Prospects and Issues | Vivekananda International Foundation
The envisaged economic corridor has in effect impelled Pakistan to move from strategic embrace of China to a relationship of 'strategic lock-in'. This has been on the anvil for some time, in fact more so after the Singapore based PSA International, one of the world's largest port operators, walked out despite tax breaks and the Chinese state owned Overseas Port Holding Company walked in Gwadar, which is just 330 km from Strait of Hormuz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

amoy

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
Of course investors must be profit oriented COMMERCIALLY. That's called WIN-WIN, i.e. both sides attain what they desire - Pakistanis will have employment, infra, electricity etc..

On SECURITY a properous Pakistan will not only subdue extremism , but also stablize Afghansitan as her strategic depth after the US phase-out.
The way China won in Africa, North Korea and Myanmar? These countries got the taste of China's WIN-WIN proposition and the situation is "Keep China at a distance"

China does not know anything about Pakistan. Pakistan is the sole creator of the mess and extremism. Stability and Strategic depth in Afghanistan through Pakistan and Taliban talks! Seems China is very keen to get lessons on "What happens when you play with Snakes."

nimo_cn

Country flag
As many times as YOU have denied it.
or as many times as you feel unhappy about Chinese accomplishments in railway industry.

sorcerer

Country flag
In this world only Indians believe investment= freebies :rofl:
India believes in investment at its truest level of investment..not making investment to steal off resources and money.

[/url
Its one side profit oriented investments that China has offered Pak. C'mon even Pak media knows it sooo well.
:D
Extrmisim in Pakistan in not economic ..its ideological..
What makes you think that the RICH Saudi is fighting the Iranians?

If your CHINESE propaganda wing is "STABILIZING" Pakistan by ECONOMY..thats :bs:
Your Propaganda machinery is using STABILIZATION" as the bait to get the deals out of Pakistan.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
or as many times as you feel unhappy about Chinese accomplishments in railway industry.

I have been unhappy at the accidents but never about the achievements like the High Altitude Tibet Railway on which I posted articles and pictures and the technical innovation to conquer permafrost.

So, don't go by preconceived imaginations.

Illusive

Country flag
One thing i am dissapointed is even with a strong govt, India hasn't given a warning or raised concerned over Chinese roads through a disputed territory belonging to India. Modi should raise this issue in his China visit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles