Chinese Premier's vist to India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
haha,what a blind fainth on west quality! you should have googled first before you say so.

costperformace is the king here! CHina-made one has the best costperformance.

Besides, even measureed by tech level,west-made power generators don't "last longer" than China-made.

main power plants in CHina are even more modern and advanced than the ones in EU and USA,
becasuse China's power plants use last tech much more rapidly than west one's and India's one.

According to China's laws, most of power plants in USA and India ,including those under construction in Inda,would be forced to shut ,due to outdated tech and heavy pollution
The day the Chinese can come close to German engineering and precision, that will be the day!

Copycats cannot equal the original!

badguy2000

Respected Member
As I clearly said people who use them once realize latter, soon people who are suppling inferior cheap Chinese goods will start going bankrupt as the Chinese Mobile sellers in India and will eventually stop buying Cheap Chinese products in wholesale to sell it to the poor, as poor today also realize what "Made in China" stands for!!
well, china-made power generators has been used in india for long time....it is just after china-made has been proven by long-time use that India now decides to place an billion-dollar order of china-made power generators...

guy, fact the reality. it is not use putting your head into desert like ostriches,because people won't stop buying made-in-china due to your objections.

DMF

US and EU companies make better equipment and which last longer.

So, why should we go in for copies, just because they are cheap?

Actually, we are flush with funds to make an upfront payment!

TO tell you one reason that China products are cheap and at low quality, that is the customers demanding cheap things, I export China made auto spare parts and accessories, and I know the situation, in the Mideast market(our main market), people not need high quality goods, but need bottom cheap goods at a workable quality, (cheap and workable, a very though job indeed ),the price for a new order must be lower than the old one to keep the competitive edge, because the market price keep going down, the problem with China is that the factories not like to refuse this order, the factories produce goods according to the price they are offered, now many factories told us they can no longer make low quality goods because their factory already upgrade with new machines and already have some strength , can survive without garbage orders. But there are too much new start factories in China, you know many small factories are started by farmers at their courtyard, you always can get very cheap goods from China.
One auto water pump factory told me that they export water pump to USA, the main raw material aluminum was above RMB40,000 per ton, inside there is one piece of stainless steel sheet for some function, they sell to USA at about USD10/PC, but the same model water pump go to third world counties, the aluminum raw material is they use is about RMB24000 per ton, and instead of the stainless steel piece, there was a piece of copper in side, this copper sheet is much easier to process then the stainless steel, and this water pump is sold about the half price at USD6.00.
There are many China factories make very cheap goods still at an acceptable price, this is big trouble for the other countries, China company work very hard to make paper thin profits, and the poor countries not need to work and can pay little to enjoy a life, and will have very little to pay in future, in my eye, this is not a win win situation.

Rama

when will we ever learn that china has no intention what so ever to have balance trade with india FOR CHINA BRING INDIA UNDER ITS CONTROL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GOAL THE GOI is UNABLE to understand I AM UNABLE TO UNDER STAND HOW INDIA WORKS SO SAD

kickok1975

TO tell you one reason that China products are cheap and at low quality, that is the customers demanding cheap things, I export China made auto spare parts and accessories, and I know the situation, in the Mideast market(our main market), people not need high quality goods, but need bottom cheap goods at a workable quality, (cheap and workable, a very though job indeed ),the price for a new order must be lower than the old one to keep the competitive edge, because the market price keep going down, the problem with China is that the factories not like to refuse this order, the factories produce goods according to the price they are offered, now many factories told us they can no longer make low quality goods because their factory already upgrade with new machines and already have some strength , can survive without garbage orders. But there are too much new start factories in China, you know many small factories are started by farmers at their courtyard, you always can get very cheap goods from China.
One auto water pump factory told me that they export water pump to USA, the main raw material aluminum was above RMB40,000 per ton, inside there is one piece of stainless steel sheet for some function, they sell to USA at about USD10/PC, but the same model water pump go to third world counties, the aluminum raw material is they use is about RMB24000 per ton, and instead of the stainless steel piece, there was a piece of copper in side, this copper sheet is much easier to process then the stainless steel, and this water pump is sold about the half price at USD6.00.
There are many China factories make very cheap goods still at an acceptable price, this is big trouble for the other countries, China company work very hard to make paper thin profits, and the poor countries not need to work and can pay little to enjoy a life, and will have very little to pay in future, in my eye, this is not a win win situation.
Exactly! You get what you paid for. If you are only willing to pay cheap price, you get cheap product, no way around. No argument. If you are rich enough, go spend 2~3 times price buy German made product. But even American are not fool enough to do that. While they are complaining "Cheap, crap" Chinese products, they are spending more every year on it. You can't force people not to buy it. Chinese products maintain people's quality living standard. Besides, our products are getting better everyday. The majority of our export is not cheap consumable products

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
well, china-made power generators has been used in india for long time....it is just after china-made has been proven by long-time use that India now decides to place an billion-dollar order of china-made power generators...

guy, fact the reality. it is not use putting your head into desert like ostriches,because people won't stop buying made-in-china due to your objections.
Stilll even illiterates wont buy "made in China" so you can imagine how good are chinese products , you can go one with your Billion dollar products, however, when these Billion Dollar products fail to perform Indians will be forced to buy Indian or western products, its a fact, Chinese are cheap Junk no one I know buys anything Chininese...except bamboos!

LOL you are an ostrich, when I have clearly said even poor hate Cheap Junk Chinese products, how much more example should I give....probably African or Somalian must be buying Chinese......its there choice and money for chaep junk....in the end they will also leave the Ostrich!! :)

no smoking

Country flag
Stilll even illiterates wont buy "made in China" so you can imagine how good are chinese products , you can go one with your Billion dollar products, however, when these Billion Dollar products fail to perform Indians will be forced to buy Indian or western products, its a fact, Chinese are cheap Junk no one I know buys anything Chininese...except bamboos!

LOL you are an ostrich, when I have clearly said even poor hate Cheap Junk Chinese products, how much more example should I give....probably African or Somalian must be buying Chinese......its there choice and money for chaep junk....in the end they will also leave the Ostrich!! :)
Let's get it straight: Chinese products maybe not good enought, but definitely cheap enough. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY!

No matter how you or illiterate friends hate our products, the fact is that india keeps buying more and more chinese products after 20 years trading. So, deal with it.

nimo_cn

Country flag
As far as Wen's visit goes, it was more of a cosmetic hoopla than anything else.

What Wen did not say:

1. No clear support for India's Security Council seat.
  2. Nothing on Mumbai blast.
  3. Nothing on Pak export of terrorism.
  4. No real concession to Indian to even the trade deficit.
  5. No firm commitment on India's demand for great access to the Chinese Market.
It is all about give and take, what India had given to China is not enough for Wen to say those things you listed.
China is under no obligation to appease India at very occasions, just like India is not obligated to please China by avoiding the Noble Peace Prize ceremony.
You only get the equivalent of your offer, no more, no less. In this case, you are demanding too much.

And I dont think the trip is purely cosmetic, China and India have signed deals worth 20 billions $, that is a huge accomplishment for both sides.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Everyone starts from copycats, even germany.
If you truly believe this, then you have no idea what drives true economic progress.

What drives economic progress is innovation, not copying existent ideals.

Germany became one of the world's leading industrial powers because of the tremendous innovation of its entrepreneurial middle class.
To give an example, Germany practically invented the modern automobile industry in 1897, when Rudolf Diesel invented the diesel engine.
Today, Mercedes-Benz makes the best cars in the world.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I think chinese are trying to repeat what they did in 1962. The visit of the chinese premier is some same in nature like the visit made by the then premier in 1961-62.:angry_1:

niharjhatn

If you truly believe this, then you have no idea what drives true economic progress.

Germany became one of the world's leading industrial powers because of the tremendous innovation of its entrepreneurial middle class.
To give an example, Germany practically invented the modern automobile industry in 1897, when Rudolf Diesel invented the diesel engine.
Another example of German quality is of course the infamous Bugatti Veyron, which is sold at reported LOSSES of 4 million pounds a car, and was largely built by VW as a technical exercise/further the companies prestige.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Exactly! You get what you paid for. If you are only willing to pay cheap price, you get cheap product, no way around. No argument. If you are rich enough, go spend 2~3 times price buy German made product. But even American are not fool enough to do that. While they are complaining "Cheap, crap" Chinese products, they are spending more every year on it. You can't force people not to buy it. Chinese products maintain people's quality living standard. Besides, our products are getting better everyday. The majority of our export is not cheap consumable products
Well, yes - I have to agree with this. Chinese products are selling, in spite of everything they say about 'cheap, inferior', and all that.

SHASH2K2

I think chinese are trying to repeat what they did in 1962. The visit of the chinese premier is some same in nature like the visit made by the then premier in 1961-62.:angry_1:
This time its a little difference. we are aware of chinese habit of backstabbing. Since we follow principle of Atithi Devo bhava so we will definitely greet them with respect . We sent them almost empty handed and we are prepared to hit back in case chinese decide to attack us.

Rama

RUBBISH india will do just FINE WITHOUT TRADE WITH CHINA

Rama

To Bad guy2000,

well,

PR China's Tier1 trade partners: EU,Japan and USA. the yearly trade between CHina and either of them is 400 billion USD+

PR China's Tier2 trade parters: S.Korea, Taiwan,Hongkong and Asean. the yearly trade between CHina and either of them is 100-400 billion USD;

PR China's Tier3 trade parters: Russia, India,Brazil and Australia. the yearly trade between CHina and either of them is 50-100 billion USD;

However, CHina is India's top trade partner.....

Rubbish!!! India will do just fine without trading with China. China has no desire to import from India and as such it would be stupid for India to trade with China who believes in China wins all and India loses all. China must learn the all Chinese saying " Do not put sand in my rice bowl". Putting sand in India's rice bowl is an act of economy war.

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag

Well, then you should read some history before 1880. At that time, everybody was copying British products.
If you check the latest successful copycats in 20 century, you will find Japan and South Korea.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guys, Wen came and already left India and now left Pakistan as well, probably on his way back to Beijing and this thread is still running? :emot15:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Well, then you should read some history before 1880. At that time, everybody was copying British products.
If you check the latest successful copycats in 20 century, you will find Japan and South Korea.
Japan and South Korea only copied to get their economies off the ground (both of their economies were virtually nonexistent after WWII). But by the late 70s both economies innovated tremendously, which is how they got to where they are now. Look at Japan's and South Korea's entertainment and electronics industry; there is no way it was created just by copying the West.

Copying for a while to get an economy off the ground is okay, but China is the world's second largest economy and yet still lacks the innovation necessary to become economically dominant.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles