Chinese PM Li's visit to India

aerokan

Country flag
Really? It looks your history doesn't match your own indian historian discovery:
Nehru's stubbornness led to 1962 war with China? - Times Of India

Really? It seems that your own people are telling the different story.
1962 India-China war: A war which should never have been fought
Quote:
"India initiated a Forward Policy in which it placed outposts along the border, including several north of the McMahon Line, "

And let's see how India was "Cheated" at the time
Peace with China

Quote:
"Incidentally, the order to 'throw the Chinese out,' was given on September 22, 1962 by K Raghuramiah, then minister of state in the defence ministry. Raghuramiah was in the chair, Krishna Menon being in New York to deliver yet one more of those long harangues he was so fond of, when then army chief General K N Thapar gave his appreciation of the situation in the Dhola area. The then foreign secretary then gave his appreciation that the Chinese were unlikely to react strongly and, for good measure, repeated the prime minister's 'instructions' on the subject. We went to war!"

Really? Please show me the evidence that any Chinese leader made that promise.
Dude... How dumb are you to post the links even without reading what's in there?? :toilet:

Let me know once you actually read them and i will try to reply back 20th time mentioning something which you were not able to understand how ever many times i tried to correct you over the last year. You keep coming back again and again to the same point even when i explained you clearly.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Realism is a simple philosophy lost on so many here...

Sure Ray, because I don't feel like arguing with a brick wall, let's stick with that assessment.

"India can do all that provided there" is a few trillion Dollars invested in infrastructure, a few hundred more colleges, automated assembly lines, less bureaucracy etc etc. But yeah, in a nutshell India "could" do it.. (could meaning circa 2 decades from now).
You are right, I have to debate with a lot of brick walls.

Indeed India could in 2 decades.

Just as it was always felt that China would remain Communist till the cows came home.

But the cows came home in China! Surprise! Surprise!

And Deng showed the way!

RedDragon

You are right, I have to debate with a lot of brick walls.

Indeed India could in 2 decades.

Just as it was always felt that China would remain Communist till the cows came home.

But the cows came home in China! Surprise! Surprise!

And Deng showed the way!
Then who is the Deng of Indian?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Then who is the Deng of Indian?
All in good time.

When Mao was in the hot chair, did anyone know that Deng would come on the scene?

You had a Culture Revolution and we are having a Massive Political Churn, the difference being it is democratic and it is bloodless.

RedDragon

All in good time.

When Mao was in the hot chair, did anyone know that Deng would come on the scene?

You had a Culture Revolution and we are having a Massive Political Churn, the difference being it is democratic and it is bloodless.
I have seen a lot of people mentioned a person named Modi, do you think he is this person?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have seen a lot of people mentioned a person named Modi, do you think he is this person?
The first issue is that he has to be accepted as the PM candidate by his Party.

He has done well for his State as the Chief Minister as per the popular perception, but can be replicate it nationally?

The good point is that he is not corrupt and incorruptible.

He is progressive and he innovates and can think out of the box. He is result oriented and rides roughshod over upsets people. It is said that a certain section of his own Party worked against him in the last election since he did not pander to their wishes.

But then he has to be accepted first by his own Party and then one has to watch and see.

Last edited:

RedDragon

The first issue is that he has to be accepted as the PM candidate by his Party.

He has done well for his State as the Chief Minister as per the popular perception, but can be replicate it nationally?

The good point is that he is not corrupt and incorruptible.

He is progressive and he innovates and can think out of the box. He is result oriented and rides roughshod over upsets people. It is said that a certain section of his own Party worked against him in the last election since he did not pander to their wishes.

But then he has to be accepted first by his own Party and then one has to watch and see.
Narendra Modi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems he is a man with ability.

amoy

You may be right.

But I am a bit of a pragmatist.

I will believe it when I see that he can do something.

For Gujarat, he has done great.

But for India, we will have to wait and see, if indeed he can become the PM.
Even if NaMo becomes your PM, will his party (BJP) be able to rule with a handsome majority in the parliament?

Otherwise a coaltion govmt (UPA alike) is often susceptible to "hijacking" or "blackmails" by lesser players with different agenda.

And the Gujarat success story has its flaws ->>> Narendra Modi's claim on Gujarat development contested - Economic Times

Hooda also cited United Nations Human Development Index report which has placed Haryana at fifth rank with score of 0.552 whereas Gujarat is at 10th rank with 0.527 points.

"Gujarat has a bit to catch up. Its chief minister's claims are hollow. Congress ruled states have outperformed Gujarat in every sector," Hooda told PTI. "Modi should be truthful and modest," the young MP said while commenting on the Gujarat government's oft-repeated claim that the state is leader in development.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Even if NaMo becomes your PM, will his party (BJP) be able to rule with a handsome majority in the parliament?

Otherwise a coaltion govmt (UPA alike) is often susceptible to "hijacking" or "blackmails" by lesser players with different agenda.

And the Gujarat success story has its flaws ->>> Narendra Modi's claim on Gujarat development contested - Economic Times
I would not know a thing about Modi or the BJP and the election prospects.

The only thing I know is that he has got things done.

Given the dismal manner this country is being run, no matter what is written, he has done a better job given the same, if not worse circumstances.

My comments are based on results and not his or his Party's ideology.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles