Chinese PM Li's visit to India

shom

Sigh.

This is exactly the sort of attitude that bothers me in contemporary Sino-Indian relations. Let's look at your points through a coolheaded light, shall we?

- India and China started off friends after 1950 and ended up going to war in 1962 after a Chinese surprise attack
This version of events conveniently ignores the fact that China warned India repeatedly, at ever-higher levels of government stretching all the way up to Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai, to desist from trying to unilaterally occupy land behind what India felt to be the rightful border in Aksai Chin and Arunachal Pradesh. China warned India at a diplomatic level for over a half-a-year before finally attacking. And finally, after the war was done, China decided to withdraw to its own lines - does that imply to you that China has hatred for India? No, it's the essence of kabinettskrieg, or war as a hardheaded, cold, and realist policy move - not a total war driven by ideology or nationalism.

- China has a trade surplus with India, yet still controls Aksai Chin
In the same light, China could just as easily be bothered by Indian control of Arunachal Pradesh. And the trade deficit is an economic issue. Grow up and learn how to properly execute a national economic strategy instead of blaming outsiders for your own national government's inability to pass any substantive pro-growth reforms or assist Indian firms in cracking export markets abroad.

- China 'occupied' Tibet
Since when is this India's business? Does China get bothered on a quasi-official level when India 'occupies' Kashmir or kills Pakistanis and Naxalites?

- China is the only nation on Earth that wants war
What? India: 1999 Kargil? The Sundarji Doctrine? The US: Iraq 2003, an actual war? Saudi Arabia/Qatar: Libya, Syria, and Bahrain? Israel: Lebanon 2006? Even France was bombing Mali a few years ago. At least China doesn't go thousands of kms abroad in search of bombing targets.

- Indian racism
I have seen so many Indian posters on DFI talk about this or that supposed 'ethnic trait' of Chinese people (usually negative traits, mind you) that I have no other conclusion except to believe that the Indian posters here share a tacit racist background.

[hr][/hr]

Now that we've gotten your post out of the way, let's look at the root issue here: Nations disagree all the time. If you look at history, you'll see that nations all pursue their interests with the same level of social etiquette as an autistic kid on methamphetamine, which is to say not very much at all. Ergo, frictions are inevitable. Sometimes nations can get together when their interests coincide, but more often than not, nations have to compete.

But competition should not engender hatred. Nations can and should have differences - and they can and should work those differences out in a rational and mature fashion, instead of turning those frictions into full-on genocidal hate (as @Zero_Wing 's statements wishing earthquakes and diseases on Chinese people seem to imply.) This holds true even if relations get so bad that war erupts - war is not about hating the other guy and wanting to exterminate them, it's about wanting to achieve some policy goal or another. If the average Indian learns to view the world through the cold gray lens of rational realism instead of a passion that vacillates between 'bhai bhai' and 'let's go liberate Tibet', then Sino-Indian relations will be much more stable, and hence beneficial, over this coming century.
You are replied very efficiently by my friend ,,, also I dont reply to people who do not research before they post,,, this is an educated forum please abstain from posting self made data and history,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
Since you wanted a cool headed argument, I will try to explain in simple terms. India and China started off as friends and one Mr.Zhou Enlai, despite India repeatedly requesting a proper demarcation of boundaries and sharing maps with China, went on ahead to say repeatedly that were no boundary issues in 1954 and several other occasions.
Really? It looks your history doesn't match your own indian historian discovery:
Nehru's stubbornness led to 1962 war with China? - Times Of India

Despite warnings from other countries not to trust him, India side went for a 'bhai-bhai' blindness. And then China slowly started encroaching and built roads by around 1959 and then the usual warnings.. blah blah events happened which everybody discusses to death. In the rest of the world, that is called by the word 'deceit'. But then again, Chinese foreign policy is impervious to logic. You promised that you wouldn't invade Tibet.. but you did it anyways. As you said, China may not have hatred for India.. It's just the hunger for more and more land.
Really? It seems that your own people are telling the different story.
1962 India-China war: A war which should never have been fought
Quote:
"India initiated a Forward Policy in which it placed outposts along the border, including several north of the McMahon Line, "

And let's see how India was "Cheated" at the time
Peace with China

Quote:
"Incidentally, the order to 'throw the Chinese out,' was given on September 22, 1962 by K Raghuramiah, then minister of state in the defence ministry. Raghuramiah was in the chair, Krishna Menon being in New York to deliver yet one more of those long harangues he was so fond of, when then army chief General K N Thapar gave his appreciation of the situation in the Dhola area. The then foreign secretary then gave his appreciation that the Chinese were unlikely to react strongly and, for good measure, repeated the prime minister's 'instructions' on the subject. We went to war!"

Tibet is India's business since before Chinese occupation of Tibet. Chinese promised to India that it will not be occupied.
Really? Please show me the evidence that any Chinese leader made that promise.

bose

Country flag
Alright, turn over the Indian page and move ahead

Salute to the great Chinese friends

A good neighbour is our blessing

Marvelous hospitality
Please Please!! we are so jealous of you.... :rofl:

Tibetans hate you!!

East Turkmen hates you!!

Koreans hate you!!

Japanese hate you!!

Vietnam hates you!!

Philippines hates you!!

Mongolians hates you!!

Indians hates you!!
Want few more ??
--------
Now who loves you??? Big question"¦.

Terrorist state of Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Rogue state of North Korea..

There is a saying "A Man is known by the company it keeps"....

China is the face of 21st century fascism "¦

nimo_cn

Country flag
That is why you will believe it.
I googled, not many international brand are owned by Indians, I guess that speaks volume of the economy status of India.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Last edited:

amoy

India can do all that provided there is a more liberal licencing regime.

Do notice how many well known international brands and industry are Indian owned.

I will, however, agree that India may not be able to sell on 'friendship' prices!
Of course there're friendship prices. Pls think out of the box. @J20!

Nowadays there're countless Free Trade Agreements (FTA), CEPA, ECFA...under the WTO regime.

When the exp import duties are lowered or even eliminated goods are flowing across borders at much lower prices. Feel free to tag that as a friendship price as such agreements are invariably reached among friendly nations, like Soviet Union did with allies, or China has with Pakistan.

Under the FTA, China even has some "Early Harvest Schemes" that allowed ASEAN to sell some goods at 0 import tariff to China before FTA took effect.

Cheers for friendship! :truestory:

nimo_cn

Country flag
The Indian Multinational

Top 10 global acquisitions by Indian companies
Top 10 global acquisitions by Indian companies

That was just one click on Google.

Maybe you have the ill famed Chinese firewall blocking you! ;)

Chew on that!

Funtime in Bagdad!
Well known international brand, buddy. Just because they were bought by Indians doesnt mean they are well known to the rest of the world. As per my knowledge, there is only one brand that lives up to that title.

By the way, the list pretty much covers all the major acquisitions made by Indian companies on the global market, and to be frank, not impressive at all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well known international brand, buddy. Just because they were bought by Indians doesnt mean they are well known to the rest of the world. As per my knowledge, there is only one brand that lives up to that title.
Too bad that you have not heard of them.

But that does not make them less well known!

One has to aware to know.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

By the way, the list pretty much covers all the major acquisitions made by Indian companies on the global market, and to be frank, not impressive at all.

Chinese arrogance is nothing but of a low life inferiority complex ridden rag.

Just few years ago you people were nothing but junk toxic plastic sellers. Whatever the achievements of Indian companies are there are from their private hardship not cooked book CCP funded luxurious projects of national ego.

Huwai which is banned at many places and lenovo a bought company is known to few, including Heir, other then that Chinese have no company which can stand out for the product in quality, better than available elsewhere, cheap maybe.

CCTV

Just few years ago you people were nothing but junk toxic plastic sellers. Whatever the achievements of Indian companies are there are from their private hardship not cooked book CCP funded luxurious projects of national ego.

Huwai which is banned at many places and lenovo a bought company is known to few, including Heir, other then that Chinese have no company which can stand out for the product in quality, better than available elsewhere, cheap maybe.
We'll, even Putin is using a low quality ZTC MTS Glonass945 now. :rofl:

nimo_cn

Country flag

At least you are getting to know some Chinese brands.

Cheap Chinese products are being sold in India only because Indians are cheap hence they want everything cheap.

bose

Country flag
At least you are getting to know some Cheap Chinese brands.

Cheap Chinese products are being sold in India only because Indians are cheap hence they want everything cheap.

So Chinese are CHEAP peoples...

t_co

:lol: @nimo_cn didn't offer a single word of praise for China in his post. How does it relate to Chinese arrogance?

What? What's the relationship between nimo's post an this claim?

Again... nimo wasn't even comparing India and China.

Take it easy, you don't have to bash China every time someone makes a post critical of India...

J20!

Country flag
India can do all that provided there is a more liberal licencing regime.

Do notice how many well known international brands and industry are Indian owned.

I will, however, agree that India may not be able to sell on 'friendship' prices!
Realism is a simple philosophy lost on so many here...

Sure Ray, because I don't feel like arguing with a brick wall, let's stick with that assessment.

"India can do all that provided there" is a few trillion Dollars invested in infrastructure, a few hundred more colleges, automated assembly lines, less bureaucracy etc etc. But yeah, in a nutshell India "could" do it.. (could meaning circa 2 decades from now).

J20!

Country flag
Of course there're friendship prices. Pls think out of the box. @J20!

Nowadays there're countless Free Trade Agreements (FTA), CEPA, ECFA...under the WTO regime.

When the exp import duties are lowered or even eliminated goods are flowing across borders at much lower prices. Feel free to tag that as a friendship price as such agreements are invariably reached among friendly nations, like Soviet Union did with allies, or China has with Pakistan.

Under the FTA, China even has some "Early Harvest Schemes" that allowed ASEAN to sell some goods at 0 import tariff to China before FTA took effect.

Cheers for friendship! :truestory:
I'm sorry what? Think out of the box concerning what exactly Amoy?

no smoking

Country flag
So Chinese are CHEAP peoples...
Well, no! Those products are produced specially for Indian customers since the indian business men always ask the cheapest goods when they come to chinese suppliers. They prefer price than quality. Obviously, the know better about their customers than you and me.

aerokan

Country flag

Here comes the dick measuring contest again!! :facepalm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles