Chinese PM Li's visit to India

desicanuk

I hope they have taken the Tibetans in protective custody or else they will play havoc and kick the hell out of this visit.

Actually, one wonders if this trip would yield anything!
Come on Ray.India is a democracy not a fascist dictatorship.Tibetans have every right to mount a peaceful protest.

desicanuk

Does this mean India will recognize Aksai Chin as a part of China?:shocked::faint2:
It is defacto Chinese territory.There is no way we will ever get it back.And while Congress is in charge India is about to loose Arunachal and parts of Ladakh !!

desicanuk

Can understand the Indian concern with trans-border water flows, but China is unlikely to budge on what it feels is its own right to develop hydropower on its territory as it sees fit - in China's view, a drop of water originating on Chinese soil but which eventually flows elsewhere is still Chinese for the duration it is flowing over Chinese territory. At most, China may proffer an MoU, but is unlikely to accede to any legally binding mechanism unless India accedes to an accord which offers a similar slice of Indian 'sovereignty', say, by explicitly guaranteeing the safety of Chinese shipping through the IOR, or territorial concessions along the LAC.
Any constriction or restriction of the Brahmaputra negatively affecting India should be and will be considered as an unfriendly act.Unfriendly acts invite other unfriendly acts.And talking of legality - Tibet is not Chinese territory.Its under illegal military occupation.Your arrogance will ultimately end in your downfall.

shom

There is no boss in the politburo, evey major decision has to be processed in a democratic way.

The president may have more influence on the table, but other members' votes are as effective as the president's.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Did you said the word "Democratic" by any chance?????????:shocked:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Did you said the word "Democratic" by any chance?????????:shocked:
Yes, I did, and that is how decisions are made in CPC politburo.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, I did, and that is how decisions are made in CPC politburo.

That is true.

That is as democratic as is feasible in a totalitarian regime.

It is only in a dictatorship that the decision is by one man!

aerokan

Country flag
That belief won't lead to a healthy negotiating atmosphere. If India acts as if it holds all the cards in the relationship, then China may very well choose to tilt even more decisively towards Pakistan in South Asia and actively constrict India in South Asia and in international fora. Remember that Pakistan is the next stop on Li's trip, and Germany (the other major P5 candidate) is the final stop.

Beyond simply peaceful relations, both sides need to offer something on the table if they want the relationship to move forward.

A wake-up fact for you t_co.. it's china which is thinking and playing like it has all the cards. Anyone with a half a brain and a little common sense would see that.. And yeah..if u want a good relationship, do it respectfully.. not by threats and blackmails.. We don't take that attitude bending down like the ----s...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That belief won't lead to a healthy negotiating atmosphere. If India acts as if it holds all the cards in the relationship, then China may very well choose to tilt even more decisively towards Pakistan in South Asia and actively constrict India in South Asia and in international fora. Remember that Pakistan is the next stop on Li's trip, and Germany (the other major P5 candidate) is the final stop.

Beyond simply peaceful relations, both sides need to offer something on the table if they want the relationship to move forward.
I wonder if China can actively constrict India in the Indian subcontinent or in countries on the periphery or in Europe.

On the other hand, India in conjunction with interested nations can constrict China as also cause upheavals in China that would be cataclysmic!

It is just that India is ambivalent and does not want to choose sides.

Tianshan

On the other hand, India in conjunction with interested nations can constrict China as also cause upheavals in China that would be cataclysmic!

you already tried that in the 1950's with the tibetan government in exile.

don't you know why china and india became enemies? because of that.

CCTV

The resource of Asia or the planet earth is limited.

bose

Country flag

That was quick & simple !!

t_co

I wonder if China can actively constrict India in the Indian subcontinent or in countries on the periphery or in Europe.

Ah, the much vaunted Indo-US-Japan-Australia 'quadrangle' floated around in 2005 and resuscitated as part of the Asia Pivot. A mutual security guarantee makes sense on paper, but how can you do that when the corporates that own the political system in the US and Australia are dependent on China as a supplier or market, the Japanese have severe issues with a collapsing economy and currency, and India's own politicians and national security establishment advocates land invasions of a nuclear-armed neighbor as a response to terrorist attacks? There are huge, huge, huge obstacles to the constriction you imply - obstacles far larger than those present in the low-cost options China has of transferring miniaturized nukes to Pakistan and emboldening Sri Lanka.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In 1950, India, under the idealist PM, Nehru, did not contest the Chinese invasion, even though the US and Britain goaded it to do!

It was an ideal moment, since China was busy in the Eastern flank, with the Korean war and it would have opened up a two front campaign for China.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ah, the much vaunted Indo-US-Japan-Australia 'quadrangle' floated around in 2005 and resuscitated as part of the Asia Pivot. A mutual security guarantee makes sense on paper, but how can you do that when the corporates that own the political system in the US and Australia are dependent on China as a supplier or market, the Japanese have severe issues with a collapsing economy and currency, and India's own politicians and national security establishment advocates land invasions of a nuclear-armed neighbor as a response to terrorist attacks? There are huge, huge, huge obstacles to the constriction you imply - obstacles far larger than those present in the low-cost options China has of transferring miniaturized nukes to Pakistan and emboldening Sri Lanka.
Indeed, the usual communist propaganda that the corporates run politics.

They do to a certain extent, but not all.and everything.

The markets beyond China are equally lucrative. Never forget that!

No one is talking of invasions.

Mere liberation of the oppressed religious minorities in China, who are experiencing a new spiritual meaning to life beyond the Maoist slogans or the new found delights of the Hans - money.

That is all.

SL would dare take nukes from China?

Look around and see what lurks in the IOR and it is not India alone! ;)

t_co

Indeed, the usual communist propaganda that the corporates run politics.

They do to a certain extent, but not all.and everything.

The markets beyond China are equally lucrative. Never forget that!
Yes, but those markets are all plugged into China's markets. China is much more integrated into the world economy than India is. India can't even get a simple FDI deal passed through the Lok Sabha.

No one is talking of invasions.
I never mentioned invasions.

Mere liberation of the oppressed religious minorities in China, who are experiencing a new spiritual meaning to life beyond the Maoist slogans or the new found delights of the Hans - money.

That is all.
India tried that for sixty years. Doesn't seem to be working, all the religious folks seem to be capable of is the occasional riot or self-immolation.

And remember this: Money buys bullets, missiles, and anti-personnel incendiary munitions - things to flatten entire towns if they get restive. Prayers buy nothing. What good is a spiritual awakening if all the 'spiritually awakened' end up eating the short end of a fuel-air explosive? China is not Britain - moral arguments don't work.

SL would dare take nukes from China?
No, not nukes - integrated air-defense radars, S-400s, round-the-clock satellite coverage, massive batteries of long-range anti-shipping cruise missiles, and airfields loaded with stealth fighters and ASW aircraft would be enough.

Look around and see what lurks in the IOR and it is not India alone! ;)
Such a sad day when an Indian brigadier has to humble himself to asking for the USN's leash in order to secure India's own naval backyard ;)

bose

Country flag
@Ray Sir, please do not argue or reply to these shameless Chinese... they are do not deserve it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, but those markets are all plugged into China's markets. China is much more integrated into the world economy than India is. India can't even get a simple FDI deal passed through the Lok Sabha.
Plugged indeed.

But the wages are going up in China since aspirations are high and the income divide is immense. For the sake of money and so more comforts for the family, the men and women are leaving their ancestral rural homes and shacking it up in cramped dormitories. They miss their families and that is causing immense mental stress, which leads to frustration and quick,and sometimes irrational, anger that is manifesting itself in the many protests. These protest are not doing any good to the bystanders either.

In short, the labour which fuels the Chinese economy are restive and want a better deal and the companies are forced to raise pay and give better accommodation.

Soon, the Chinese goods will not be competitively priced. End of the market boom!

On the other hand, the nations on the periphery of China are equally industrious, and importantly, they have cheap labour. That is why, the industries are shifting there. Korea South is an industrial workhorse and Japan is establishing oversea industrial empires, cashing on on cheap labour and exporting Japanese goods from there.

Now, China could go USSR's way of selling goods at 'friendship' rates to remain relevant.

If so, China will go the USSR way into the sunset!

I never mentioned invasions.
It was implied in the typical Chinese roundabout way of saying things and appearing smug as if never saying the same!

Like Peaceful Rise and going militarily ballistic and still claiming to be a peaceloving nation minding its own business!

India tried that for sixty years. Doesn't seem to be working, all the religious folks seem to be capable of is the occasional riot or self-immolation.
Not so.

Far from it.

If India wanted to upset China in Tibet, then it could have done it long ago.

And remember this: Money buys bullets, missiles, and anti-personnel incendiary munitions - things to flatten entire towns if they get restive. Prayers buy nothing. What good is a spiritual awakening if all the 'spiritually awakened' end up eating the short end of a fuel-air explosive? China is not Britain - moral arguments don't work.
Go ahead and flatten the land of the minorities. You have already embarked on it.

Materialistic people like the Chinese Communists would never understand the power of spiritualism. So, all the explanation in the world will not drive any sense in them.

We decry the Islamic fundamentalism, but has all the bullets and flattening stop the fundamentalist in created mayhem and havoc?

They may not win, but they are milking countries through unproductive expenses in fighting them.

The Islamic fundamentalists may not be winning, but that is because the world is not with them.

Try flattening Islamic people of China, the world will go against you and the Islamic countries will release their fundamentalists on China with glee and the world will turn the Nelson's eye.

No, not nukes - integrated air-defense radars, S-400s, round-the-clock satellite coverage, massive batteries of long-range anti-shipping cruise missiles, and airfields loaded with stealth fighters and ASW aircraft would be enough.
Sure, you must give the same and that too, at the 'friendship' rate.

But then, remember it is an island.

And the North is populated by ..........

Such a sad day when an Indian brigadier has to humble himself to asking for the USN's leash in order to secure India's own naval backyard ;)
Your pithy appeal to my nationalism cannot wish away the reality.

It reminds me of the Arab saying- The man who wanted to milk the male goat failed and that is what you are trying.

The US requires nobody's permission to do what they are doing, whether anyone is with them or against them. I am sure you could do well to check Bush's policies and see how many countries wanted him to do what he did.

India will secure its own backyard,but if the US wants to act in concert, it would be silly of India to obstruct the same so long as it is not impinging on India's sovereignty and territorial integrity.

As the old Arab saying goes - The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And the Bedou saying - "Me and my brother against my cousins, me and my cousins against the village, me and my village against the tribe, me and my tribe against the rest of the world."

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray Sir, please do not argue or reply to these shameless Chinese... they are do not deserve it...
But then, they are such a delight.

One must understand them!

And also their Chinese Communist psychology and convoluted arguments, trotted out so glibly and with the same refrain! No change but parrot like.

Note they will always talk of the market, economy, their internal quest for harmonious existence and so many such pithy issues!

Totally charming!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles