Chinese PLA stops Army from patrolling in Indian territory

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by arnabmit, Aug 4, 2013.

1. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Chinese PLA stops Army from patrolling in Indian territory

SOURCE: PTI

Amid a spate of incursions by China in Ladakh, its troops are also resorting to tactics like preventing Indian Army from patrolling posts in this sector along the border which was well within India’s territory.
    In what is being described as an aggressive approach by China, the tactics have come to the fore in the wake of yet another incident last week when Indian troops launched its patrol “Tiranga” from Trade Junction area in North of Ladakh for two posts located 14 km up in the higher reaches along the Line of Actual Control(LAC).

The Indian army personnel were stopped by Chinese troops who came mounted on heavy and light vehicles, official sources said today.

The patrol party was shown a banner that it was Chinese territory and that they cannot proceed to the posts, they said.

The sources said the Chinese troops were aggressive in their approach while stopping the Indian patrol who were at their posts.

These posts are well inside Indian territory, the sources said, adding that from April this year, the patrol for these forward bases were launched 21 times and only twice it could complete its mission.

Chinese have erected an observation post which kept a vigil on movement of Indian troops and as soon as an Indian patrol party is ready to leave, they are intercepted midway and sent back, the sources said, adding the matter would be taken up during the next Border Personnel Meeting (BPM) at Chushul.

In the same North Ladakh sector, there were instances when Chinese military vehicles were spotted in Depsang Bulge and Daulat Beg Oldi(DBO) sector where the two armies had seen a 21-day standoff from April 15 this year.

Indian troops comprising mainly Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP) immediately swung into action and prevented the ‘free-run’ of Chinese military vehicles in the Indian territory.

In the last BPM meeting held on July 27, India also raised objections to a tower being constructed in the Chinese side on the LAC in Demchok-Fukhche sector.

sob, bose and W.G.Ewald like this.
  3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Easy for me to say from the opposite side of the globe, but why were these Indian posts not permanently manned and supported, by air if necessary?

What orders do Indian officers have in this situation?

Reading of these actions by PLA and seeing the posts of the self-serving Chinese contingent
    on DFI really has my blood pressure up today.

Raising objections with Chinese... is there anything more useless?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  4. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

Why is India showing a weak posture?

What is the Indian Strategy?

What can be done to teach the intruders a lesson?

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  5. W.G.Ewald

From my safe position as armchair tactician, I recommend an airmobile operation by IA to re-occupy the posts. My guess is that an airborne operation would risk to many casualties because of the terrain.

It appears your Web browser is not configured to display PDF files. No worries, just click here to download the PDF file.

6. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

It is very un fortunate but the main issue in India is lack of political will to go after Chinese... the current political leaders are too week and timid [interested in safeguarding their political survival] do not want any confrontation at this moment because of any potential political fallouts before next elections... because of the same lack of political will to go after the chinese in 50's cost India the Aksai Chin...

sob and W.G.Ewald like this.
  7. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

This is what u get from a culture of pacifism "Fear" "Indecisiveness" but ultimately "Chalta hai" attitude.

A man has to take a decisive stand at-least once in his lifetime people who shamelessly came back from doing their duties worn't thinking about that or the officers nor the generals, and expect any thing from the politicians they are their to eat our money and sh!t on the poor peoples plates.

8. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

Well, not defending your politicians. But for the keyboard warriors like you, it will be lot easier to SAY than they DO!

9. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

Quite understandable from people who are not taught to think independently and do not have its own individuality...

Indian constitution guarantees me the MY way of thinking that may or may not fall in line with my fellow Indian brothers, we were also taught from childhood to respect others viewpoints whether I like it or not...

It is my birthright to speak up without fear, I will exercise it until my last breath... If that means being a “Keyboard Warriors” so be it!!

10. W.G.Ewald

We're all keyboard warriors here, sonny.