Chinese Nuke Sub Accident

JAISWAL

A nuclear-powered Chinese submarine has suffered some type of accident and is leaking radioactive materials into the waters of the port of Dalian.

From South Korea's Chosun Ibo newspaper:

Rumors are spreading quickly that radioactive materials were accidentally leaked from a state-of-the-art Chinese nuclear submarine moored in Dalian Port in Liaoning Province in the northeastern part of China.

The rumor was first reported on Saturday by Boxun​.com, a website for overseas Chinese, before it was picked up by Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblogging site similar to Twitter.

Citing People's Liberation Army sources in Dalian, Boxun​.com reported that there was an accidental leakage of radiation when engineers from a Chinese electronics company were installing equipment on the submarine.

Boxun reported that the accident happened suddenly, and that Chinese authorities had sealed off the area while an investigation was under way, while taking steps to ensure news of the accident did not spread.

The Chinese media and government have so far refrained from commenting on the rumors, which have stoked fears among netizens.

Mr. Sato's July 30 blogpost:

According to the information I just obtained, a nuclear submarine of the Chinese Navy had an accident in the port of Dalian on July 29, and there is a leak of radiation. The area is strictly closed off by the Chinese military, and the situation is said to be very dangerous.
I doubt that the Chinese government will announce the accident. The neighboring countries should take defensive measures, and the Japanese fishing boats in the area should be careful.
One more thing. According to a "foreign" insurance company, China's high-speed train accident has 259 people dead, 183 injured, and 154 still missing. The numbers are set to increase, according to this insurance company.
The families of the victims continue to protest, and I've wondering about "missing" people. Now I begin to see why the Chinese government hastily doubled the compensation for the victims.
China's "hiding the accident" is well beyond that of Japan.
Anyway, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Japanese media should try to obtain more information about China's "nuclear leak accident". It is inevitable that a Chinese-made nuclear power plant will have an accident, and I'm concerned about the next year's "yellow sand" season. Just to let you know the news quickly.

I don't know if China's "hiding" is any worse than that of Japan, but if I see any confirming information I'll update.

After the Fukushima I nuclear accident, it dawned on many Japanese (probably for the first time) that almost entire Japan is DOWNWIND from China, who plans to have 100 nuclear power plants. And thanks to the Fukushima accident, many Japanese now know it's not the distance that matters when it comes to a nuclear power plant accident, but wind and weather.

Japanese Military Analyst: Chinese Nuclear Submarine Accident in Dalian, China?? | EX-SKF

huaxia rox

good story to konw from japan...... cant be more telling.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It's good story to know from China.... nothing can be more telling quality. radiation leaks in your boomers! :laugh:

JAISWAL

some times its unbelivible how people respond to the truth by neglecting it, and keeping their head under the sand, closed eyes and belive what the control freak gov. had to say

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
where is the source of this news, the Sun or the Onion or Daily Star?

Right now there are hundreds of foreign jounalists congregating in Dalian to cover Varyag, if there were any truth to the forementioned accident, they probably would have bolted long time ago, and the news would be all over the main stream media.

But if this rumour makes you guys momentarily feel better, that is fine, after all this is all that matters to you guys.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Anything about China told by non-Chinese should be the truth, if you choose to neglect it, you are brainwashed.

jackzayum

Well said!Thanks for sharing the news with us. I hope everything will be just fine.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
cant trust China they are too secretive. Others have different interest, but if you are copy cat, then something might go wrong, chances are high on that side.

Radiation is bad, lets hope this was no true.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
cant trust China they are too secretive. Others have different interest, but if you are copy cat, then something might go wrong, chances are high on that side.

No one has given China a nuk sub to copy from, India on othe rother hand has been busy copying the Charlie class the last 3-4 decades, so far no success though.

nimo_cn

Country flag
No one has given China a nuk sub to copy from, India on othe rother hand has been busy copying the Charlie class the last 3-4 decades, so far no success though.
Well, Chinese don't have to own the real thing to copy. We are capable of copying weapons by just looking at the pictures, like how we allegedly copied F22. All we got are some high resolution pictures of F22.

AprilLyrics

hope this was true.

and if so,some people would feel better now....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles