Chinese New Year casualty

kickok1975

It's her this year

A 3 billion RMB (500 million USD) Hotel

Last edited:

kickok1975

I guess our Rich and Powerful just lost a good place to entertain themself

kickok1975

That's how governments increase GDP? By playing big fireworks to entertain Chinese people?

I'm sure a new one, better and bigger will be built soon

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Very sad that such beautiful building burnt.

How?

Show a video clip for those who have not seen the Chinese Lion Dance.

Also show the ceremonies and rituals for each day of the Chinese New Year.

It will be a great education.

kickok1975

Very sad that such beautiful building burnt.

How?

Show a video clip for those who have not seen the Chinese Lion Dance.

Also show the ceremonies and rituals for each day of the Chinese New Year.

It will be a great education.
They were burned because of fireworks in Chinese New Year.

jbond197

Country flag
They were burned because of fireworks in Chinese New Year.
What the heck? Were the fireworks happening inside the building?

Feeling sorry for the loss, if such event are happening every year then I guess CPC should focus more on this and be better prepared to avoid such incidents in future...

pmaitra

Condolences to the family and friends of those killed (if any) and wish quick recovery to those injured.

On a side note: These buildings sure need much better fire control systems.

kickok1975

What the heck? Were the fireworks happening inside the building?

Feeling sorry for the loss, if such event are happening every year then I guess CPC should focus more on this and be better prepared to avoid such incidents in future...
I guess they can't do much about it. It almost always happen every year.

Rage

DFI TEAM
This is not Beijing, it's where Amanda22 live: Guangzhou. The place where the buliding was burned is Shenyang, a north-Eastern city.
Sorry, I meant to quote this picture:

Ah yes, Shenyang! Capital of Liaoning. I hear it has a very nice Korea Town, being close to the Korea border.

amoy

Ah yes, Shenyang! Capital of Liaoning. I hear it has a very nice Korea Town, being close to the Korea border.
no no it's still far away from Korea border. my parents finished ttheir college there

Actually it was a birthplace of Manchurian civilization, from which Manchu built up Qing Dynasty

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
no no it's still far away from Korea border. my parents finished ttheir college there

Actually it was a birthplace of Manchurian civilization, from which Manchu built up Qing Dynasty
So, your family is from this place?

Do you know Manchu?

I read a Readers Digest story of an American who toured China recently and he said the countryside was very beautiful/.

He also mentioned that in the High Spped Train, the woman conductor ordered all to pull the curtains and not see outside. However, when he went on normal trains, this was not the case. Why?

Last edited:

lcatejas

These buildings need good and advanced fire control systems !! But not made in China !!

amoy

No, they're not from Shenyang. Actually from different places they met at that Shenyang school for the 1st time. Shenyang, along with the whole NE China (incl. part of Far East Russia) was declared a sacred region where in mythology Manchurian ancestor was given birth after a Goddess ate a 'fruit' after bathing.

Manchu is a very ancient group, up and down in China's history. On its way of expansion it assimilated lots of Koreans, Mongols, and Hans.

Manchu was made a 'military group' in the course of capturing China i.e. Manchurian troops were deployed in every KEY city and Manchu men were born to serve in military and not allowed to engage in other vocations. So in my city we have a Manchu 'village'.

He also mentioned that in the High Spped Train, the woman conductor ordered all to pull the curtains and not see outside. However, when he went on normal trains, this was not the case. Why?
As a regular passenger I even can't remember there's a curtain?? why?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, they're not from Shenyang. Actually from different places they met at that Shenyang school for the 1st time. Shenyang, along with the whole NE China (incl. part of Far East Russia) was declared a sacred region where in mythology Manchurian ancestor was given birth after a Goddess ate a 'fruit' after bathing.

Manchu is a very ancient group, up and down in China's history. On its way of expansion it assimilated lots of Koreans, Mongols, and Hans.

Manchu was made a 'military group' in the course of capturing China i.e. Manchurian troops were deployed in every KEY city and Manchu men were born to serve in military and not allowed to engage in other vocations. So in my city we have a Manchu 'village'.

As a regular passenger I even can't remember there's a curtain?? why?
If people study elsewhere they must have obtained permission because of the hukou system.

Were you parents under/ from the same hukou?

I am told that the Danwei system even decides who is to marry whom. I am not asking about your family, but if someone meets someone in a college, can they marry without official permission and if they can, how is the hukou and danwei system resolved?

I take it that your original home is not in Manchuria.

As far as the trains is concerned that is what he wrote. Why was he not allowed to open the curtains in the High Speed Train? I found that odd and maybe there must be some reason that the writer also did not understand.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles