Chinese Navy attacks Vietnamese Vessel inside Vietnamese waters

Discussion in 'Indo Pacific & East Asia' started by meindian, Jun 6, 2011.

1. meindian

meindian New Member

I think this is a great opportunity for us to push our own agenda in South china sea just like China is doing in Indian Ocean. Vietnam is procuring new weapons like Kilo class attack subs, SU-30 etc.

Vietnam has confirmed that it is buying 6 kilo class attack submarines from Russia to protect its maritime resources better and chase away any encroacher.Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh, Deputy Minister of Defense, also confirmed the Kilo submarine deal and added that Vietnam was also buying "Su-30 fighters and surface-to-air missiles."

The incidence which has raised the hackles of Vietnamese armed forced happened in May when one of its offshore oil and gas exploration ship was attacked and harassed by an increasing expansionist Chinese navy.

The Vietnamese ship, the Binh Minh 02, detected the Chinese patrol boats approaching on radar at about 5 a.m on Thursday, the official Vietnam News Agency reported. About an hour later, the three Chinese boats intentionally ran through the area where the Vietnamese ship was working, snapping cables the ship was using, then left the scene after about three hours, it said.

China Humiliates Vietnam Forcing It To Procure More Weapons - World Of Defense

3. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

it was not pLA navy,but coast guards

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  4. meindian

meindian New Member

coastal guards do not venture into enemy territory without backup, thus these chaps were not there for picnic, they must have had orders from either the naval headquarter or the MoD of china(which incidentally is superseded by Chief Of Staff in China) .Chinese are extremely sophisticated/smart in these kind of things.

5. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

Sigh, another conspiracy theory.

BG has pointed out it was Chinese coast guard, not PLA. And China also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Chinese coast guards to operate there.

6. prototype

prototype Regular Member

Hope this was not another fishing trawler which has immunity against foreign action.

7. meindian

meindian New Member

yep a conspiracy theory just like Indo-Chiny Bhai Bhai theory of pre-1962 or PLA present in POK conspiracy theory or the Gwadar port conspiracy theory or the Chinese hackers conspiracy theory

yep, all a load of rubbish , all theories no truth what so ever :becky:

8. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Vietnam also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Vitnamese coast guards to operate there.
    India claims POK, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Indian army to operate in POK and kick back the intruders/outsiders forever (which obviously includes some Ching Chang people).
    Thanks for showing the superb reasoning. Helped me a lot this time. Lets see where it goes, everyone would claim everything and everyone would be fighting with everyone else over everything .. lolzzz :D

Regards,
    Virendra

Parthy, Oracle and meindian like this.
  9. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks for admitting it was just a conspiracy theory.

Kid, I didn't say Vitnam's coast guard can't operate in the disputed water, I was just saying Chinese coast guard is entitled to operate within the territorial sea claimed by Chinese government.

And please refrain from using any derogatory term like Ching Chang, which only demonstrates your inability to conduct a civil and decent discussion. I will report this post to the MOD.

10. cw2005

cw2005 Regular Member

When territories are claimed by more than one country, the normal practice is not to conduct any commercial activities there as that very territory is called disputed area. In this very case, it seems Vietnamese are doing something there leading to this confrontation.

By the way, the title of this thread is not agreed with the original message. Before dispute is resolved, that area does not belong to Vietnam and should be regards as disputed area instead of Vietnam’s. It seems someone here has "given" the area to Vietnam

11. Virendra

Yeah grand ma I know that. Now focus, I quote myself again
    I never left Vietnamese out. I only carry forwarded your own logic, of claims.

First, I didn't know Ching Chang is a derogatory term - used it like slang as Yanks for Americans. Yet if you're hurt and it pleases you, go ahead and report me :)

Regards,
    Virendra

Why use the word, if someone finds it incorrect?

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
  12. meindian

meindian New Member

Somebody here does not understand sarcasm.

When did Chin-chang become a derogatory term ????As pointed out by Virendra

Lastly threats do not work mate, if you want to report the thread to Admin go ahead do it , no point in shouting it out like a little baby ,do not threaten other members just because you do not understand his arguments?

In a similar manner I can perceive your behavior as threatening and abusive too .

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

I do not understand why China does that all the time. Why all these unnecessary provocation? It seems they are still living with inferiority complex after Japs ding dong'ed them in WWII.

utubekhiladi, Virendra and meindian like this.
  14. Tianshan

Tianshan Regular Member

China lost 20-30 million innocent in WW2, if we do not have "complex" after this, then something wrong.

15. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

I really want to say something bad to you. But I don't want to low myself as you.

Tianshan likes this.
  16. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

Do you know what happen in WWII in China? What you say is much more mean than dance on the body of the Mumbai bomb. Because in WWII, in China, tens of millions people die.

17. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

This site really show the dark side of India people.

Tianshan likes this.
  18. Parthy

Parthy Air Warrior Senior Member

If Chinese lose people then they're innocent victims??? Then what about CPC killing people of other sovereign Nations in name of annexation???

19. Virendra

Agreed and understandable. But brush the complex to Japanese then, why after others??

20. Parthy

Parthy Air Warrior Senior Member

Since Japanese has tried to conquer China and killed roughly 7.5 millions of Chinese people, you want to make a tit-for-tat!! Looks quite reasonable as you were hurt lot..

But what you did with Vietnam, Taiwan, Tibet & India?? CPC tried to annex territories by means of force and you people did the same.. You don't have any fact to speak about what you experienced in WWII...

21. JAYRAM

JAYRAM 2 STRIKE CORPS Senior Member

RD, you are mistaken man. India dont have any dark side as it is always transparent. why are you taking all this serious?. It's a forum. All have different opinions. Take all this in a healthy manner and we can combine to discuss anything happening in world....