Chinese Military Patrolling in Afghanistan

scatterStorm

Country flag
I've found this interesting piece of news over Youtube, if this is true than why the hell we are cooperating with Afghanistan when they are ready to build there economic corridor with Chinkies, if only backstabbing India was on there agenda from the start. Why the hell we are investing millions of Indian people hard earned money on something that has written "joke" all over it.

Here's the video especially from 4:04 in the video:

Even the Wiki over Chabahar seems to have been lulled for some reason.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
China is having its fingers in every pie across the globe! We've got to hand it to them.

But they need to be wary about trying to exploit Afghanistan's resources at the expense of the Afghans themselves. This is going to create a backlash with the various tribes once they see through the great Chinese game of exploitation and its hegemonic tendencies. Will the Afghans accept Chinese ideology like the Pakistanis have? I'm not too sure about that.

It's surprising why India hasn't exploited the trillions of dollars worth of mineral resources in Afghanistan seeing that India has an excellent interrelationship not only with the Afghan government but also the Afghans across the board. Have we ceded advantage to the Chinese who have come in to fill the vacuum? They have won most of the contracts in Afghanistan worth billions of dollars due to undercutting and corruption. It's going to take a lot to beat them at their game!

scatterStorm

Country flag
China is having its fingers in every pie across the globe! We've got to hand it to them.

But they need to be wary about trying to exploit Afghanistan's resources at the expense of the Afghans themselves. This is going to create a backlash with the various tribes once they see through the great Chinese game of exploitation and its hegemonic tendencies. Will the Afghans accept Chinese ideology like the Pakistanis have? I'm not too sure about that.

It's surprising why India hasn't exploited the trillions of dollars worth of mineral resources in Afghanistan seeing that India has an excellent interrelationship not only with the Afghan government but also the Afghans across the board. Have we ceded advantage to the Chinese who have come in to fill the vacuum? They have won most of the contracts in Afghanistan worth billions of dollars due to undercutting and corruption. It's going to take a lot to beat them at their game!
I absolutely agree with you, just yesterday there defence budget was hiked by 7%. To counter such nation we should be vigilant in both front, diplomacy and offence. I am not saying defence because that's where our weakness lay. Another threat is that Saudis are purchasing a Maldives atoll I think you know this too, now we are being encircled from Sri Lanka till Gwadar maybe that's why there's a rapid development in IN is witnessed. For better or worse we cannot fight a two pronged war all alone.

Another interesting bit is that the Chinese are investing in foreign property, a few years ago they purchase 1500acre land in my state, and our CM handed them with no taxes or duties! They are purchasing land and stockpiling oil and gold. They are preparing for war. When a nation just out of the blue starts checking out foreign money and purchase gold and stock bonds you know something is fishy.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Another interesting bit is that the Chinese are investing in foreign property, a few years ago they purchase 1500acre land in my state, and our CM handed them with no taxes or duties! They are purchasing land and stockpiling oil and gold. They are preparing for war. When a nation just out of the blue starts checking out foreign money and purchase gold and stock bonds you know something is fishy.
Where and what for? :confused1:

no smoking

Country flag
How could you hand it to them if you didn't owe it in the first place.

What is this Chinese ideology? You mean paying a higher price than India?

It's surprising why India hasn't exploited the trillions of dollars worth of mineral resources in Afghanistan seeing that India has an excellent interrelationship not only with the Afghan government but also the Afghans across the board. Have we ceded advantage to the Chinese who have come in to fill the vacuum?
Well, the problem is you never have the "advantage". The so called "excellent interrelationship" does not only exist between India and Afghan, but also between Afghan and China.

Actually, China has the advantages over India on every issue related Afghan:
1. China is the direct neighbor of Afghan, which means for any business cooperation, Chinese enjoy a huge transportation cost saving against India; Furthermore, if anything happens in Afghan, Chinese aid can be sent into the hands of their friends in Afghan straight away while India can't even send bullet without the permission of a third party.
2. Externally, comparing to India, Chinese has greater influence on every single neighbor of Afghan, that means China can provide better assistance on Afghan's diplomatic issues;
3. Internally, Chinese has been providing weapons/military training/logistic to most of Afghan tribes since Soviet era while India is late coming player;
4. On trade relationship, certainly, the world largest industry base can offer a far better deal to Afghan.

They have won most of the contracts in Afghanistan worth billions of dollars due to undercutting and corruption. It's going to take a lot to beat them at their game!
Sounds like every loser's word:"The reason we lose is that we play with justice and honesty while our opponents cheat". But we all know, the losers also played their dirty.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
So the Chinese are trying to get a military foothold in Afghanistan like they have in Pakistan? But they'll meet the same fate as the Soviet Union did in the 80s and will be thrown out by the Northern Alliance and other tribal leaders if they try and interfere militarily. The Afghans are not Pakistanis! They are a different ball game altogether.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
How could you hand it to them if you didn't owe it in the first place.

What is this Chinese ideology? You mean paying a higher price than India?

Well, the problem is you never have the "advantage". The so called "excellent interrelationship" does not only exist between India and Afghan, but also between Afghan and China.

Actually, China has the advantages over India on every issue related Afghan:
1. China is the direct neighbor of Afghan, which means for any business cooperation, Chinese enjoy a huge transportation cost saving against India; Furthermore, if anything happens in Afghan, Chinese aid can be sent into the hands of their friends in Afghan straight away while India can't even send bullet without the permission of a third party.
2. Externally, comparing to India, Chinese has greater influence on every single neighbor of Afghan, that means China can provide better assistance on Afghan's diplomatic issues;
3. Internally, Chinese has been providing weapons/military training/logistic to most of Afghan tribes since Soviet era while India is late coming player;
4. On trade relationship, certainly, the world largest industry base can offer a far better deal to Afghan.

Sounds like every loser's word:"The reason we lose is that we play with justice and honesty while our opponents cheat". But we all know, the losers also played their dirty.
50 cent brain fart and speculations.

You can shove "China Can, could, would, should" in Mao's behind then come back to debate on Facts.

no smoking

Country flag
So the Chinese are trying to get a military foothold in Afghanistan like they have in Pakistan? But they'll meet the same fate as the Soviet Union did in the 80s and will be thrown out by the Northern Alliance and other tribal leaders if they try and interfere militarily. The Afghans are not Pakistanis! They are a different ball game altogether.
Why does China need a military foothold in Afghan? Sales of mine stones and fruits will be one of the major revenues for most of tribes in Afghan, and Chinese is the highest bidder of these exportation due to the geographical advantage and market size. These tribes will fight to death to protect their cash cow.

no smoking

Country flag
50 cent brain fart and speculations.
You can shove "China Can, could, would, should" in Mao's behind then come back to debate on Facts.
I guess this is another saying of "I am running out of argument", right?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I guess this is another saying of "I am running out of argument", right?
Nope. It's a simple way of saying that India hold significant influence over Afghanistan in comparison with China which is irrelevant in Afghanistan. Fact

India is 5 th largest Donor of economic Aid to Afghanistan, what is China. We contribute Engineers, Doctors, Military Hardware to their Nations building. Their Military cadets regularly train in our academics hold high higher positions in ANA.

What is China's worth ?

How many Dams China constructed in Afghanistan, how many Roads and Buildings including the unique parliament.

The Answer is Zero.

CjZlJkkWYAEx7xj.jpg

That's Afghans carrying a 100 mt Indian flag on the streets of Kabul

images-65.jpeg

SanjeevM

Country flag
If you go in past, China took thousands of kilometres of land in African nations. Growing crops, taking out minerals on vast stretches of lands, employing African nationals in farms as Labour. Chinese ships leave African ports filled with iron and other minerals and return with cheap Chinese goods that don't last long. China already made many African nations it's colony. China is eyeing on ores all over the world. China needs steel if it wants to control the world. Chinese banks have a consortium that can bid for anything big anywhere in the world if the need it.

Afghanistan being on border with China, it will use it's financial powers and arm twisting tacts to win resources in Afghanistan. In order to protect it's investment, China will secure other deals. China will continue to ignite fighting between groups in Afghanistan and keep selling them arms. While Afghanis continue to fight, China will continue to exploit Afghanistan.

It's very deplorable that Indian government has given land to Chinese for setting industry in any states. They should look at the bigger picture before taking such decisions.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

=================

Regarding topic, You people need to give a deeper look into your military social history like two centuries back, May then you can understand an common AK wielding Afghan and his softness towards India ..

Something change in your posting behavior since you got here. Other wise i only handed you infractions in past ..

Why does China need a military foothold in Afghan? Sales of mine stones and fruits will be one of the major revenues for most of tribes in Afghan, and Chinese is the highest bidder of these exportation due to the geographical advantage and market size. These tribes will fight to death to protect their cash cow.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles