Chinese Jasmine Revolution Spreads Online

badguy2000

Respected Member
Chinese now are discussin the "Jasmine revolution" now....but they are discussing it in the forum of jokes......hahahha

the stupid CNN-style medias skewed all efforts. they posted some amusing wrong pictures of employment market and titled those picture as "jasmine revolution"......it makes "jasmine revolution" lauching stock in forum of jokes.

Kickok, pls translate the following to english for you comrades.

http://www.talkcc.com/thread/3291657

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
What do you expect a regime that brutally cracked down many demonstrations including famous Tiananmen Square could all of sudden becomes nicer to Chinese people? They are determined to do anything to tightly hold the grip of power.

Even with so many injustice, corruptions and mistreatments, Chinese people are yet ready to challenge the mighty CCP government. Chinese people could endure tremendous pressure and hardness as long as their basic needs are met. However, the economic reform greatly enhanced people's living standard. Chinese people no longer satisfied with just feeding their empty stomach. They want dignity, respect and freedom.

CCP government can create the world most advanced software, biggest force of internet police to block the flow of information. They can hire the most notorious thugs to threaten people's freedom of speech. But they can't stop Chinese people's desire to live a better and higher quality life, and their desire to live in a country where justice is served and government answers to its own people.

The clock is ticking and the world is watching. CCP could become progressive force in Chinese history or become roadblock. Let time tell what will happen.
guy, pls call Victor Chen and Broad Wu!

JustForLaughs

i heard about this. that idiot long hair Leung Kwok-hung threw some paper with drawings of some flower into Chinese embassy. pointless.

revolution has about zero chance of happening and succeeding. although it does raise the priority of these social issues to Beijing.

and no one pretend China has no problems. is there even a country with no problems?

Greece and Spains economic issues is very well known.
Greek Economic Crisis Sparks Riots, Slide in Euro
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Three-Dead-in-Greek-Riots-92860854.html

over 800,000 French protest
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559265

British are having such problems with Muslims the think state multiculturalism has failed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

possibly 200,000 Indian farmers suicide
http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...idden-climate-change-catastrophe-2173995.html

'More poor' in India than Africa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10609407

US goes without saying with their housing sector, unemployment and so on.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/164507.html

Last edited:

kickok1975

Badguy2000, again, can you provide some informed information or comment instead of troll? Why do you ask me to translate information you sourced that said China arrested 14 people so far. You should translate it in the first place. They posted wrong picture doesn't mean the incident is non-exist. You claimed you don't like CCP before but in reality you are defending this system in every chance without even mention about its problem. It's like a tiny man hide behind the giant monster, he would occasionally complain but never dare to question his master.

Maybe you can't, that's quite understandable. Many of us have same mixing feelings too. As an indirect beneficiary of this system with good life in your local city, you don't have to take risk or challenge the place where mouth is feeding. But if your sole purpose to visit this forum is only to showcase how great we are without seriously discuss some issues, then your comments will be less meaningful.

Side note, stop labeling people. Who are my comrade, who are your comrade? Who taught you to do this?

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Badguy2000, again, can you provide some informed information or comment instead of troll? Why do you ask me to translate information you sourced that said China arrested 14 people so far. You should translate it in the first place. They posted wrong picture doesn't mean the incident is non-exist. You claimed you don't like CCP before but in reality you are defending this system in every chance without even mention about its problem. It's like a tiny man hide behind the giant monster, he would occasionally complain but never dare to question his master.

I am not satisfied with CCP often ,either..but I know that if CCP is bad,then the " democracy" you advocated is worse.
I know that CCP's corruption is bad,but the collapse of CHina is worse.
I know that it will take long time to solve the problem of China such as corruption,wealth disparity..etc under the rule of CCP.
but I know that the above problems of China won't never be solved under the "democracy" you advocate.

Maybe you can't, that's quite understandable. Many of us have same mixing feelings too. As an indirect beneficiary of this system with good life in your local city, you don't have to take risk or challenge the place where mouth is feeding. But if your sole purpose to visit this forum is only to showcase how great we are without seriously discuss some issues, then your comments will be less meaningful.
almost all ideas you advocated are misadvices(馊主意).

Side note, stop labeling people. Who are my comrade, who are your comrade? Who taught you to do this?
but what you said indeed make people here feel that you have become the comrade of Gorden Chang and MR. Armand gradually!

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
http://www.ptfcn.com/ptfcn/z/363.html
AFP: une manifestation fortement encadrée par "¦ 2

AFP: une manifestation fortement encadrée par "¦ 2 policiers !

Le 21 février 2011

En ce dimanche, l'AFP nous a gratifiés de l'un de ses célèbres exploits journalistiques. Sous le titre " Chine. La police se déploie en masse après des appels à manifester ", celui qui se fait passer pour journaliste arrive à rédiger une dépêche avec un grand vide, ce qui est habituel pour cette agence qui oublie de plus en plus son role d'informer au bénéfice de celui de propagandiste.

La légende originale de la photo est celle-ci " Les manifestations ont été encadrées par une forte présence policière". à destination de cet éminent professionnel, je préciserai que pour réaliser un cadre il faut au moins quatre cotés ou bien un cordon pratiquement continu. Les deux policiers présents sur la photo sont donc loin de représenter un cadre, d'autant plus que leur équipement est loin de laisser penser au désir de leur part de réprimer des manifestants d'ailleurs invisible sur le document photographique.

Pour ce qui est du mot jasmin que ce même " grand reporter " nous annonce comme ayant été banni du net, cette affirmation est à mettre aux cotés de celle affirmant que les termes égypte ou Tunisie étaient interdits, ce qui après vérification s'est révélé totalement faux.
Afin que ce cet agent de l'information dirigée fasse quelques progrès dans la compréhension des évènements, je mets ci-après quelques photos de ce qu'est un réel encadrement policier. Pas besoin de venir en Chine pour voir cela, une simple manifestation dans une démocratie occidentale suffit
kickok, you can read Chinese too. don't you want know the Chinese netizens comment west medias and their report of " "Jasmine revolution"?

just read it yourself.

if the above can be called "Jasmine revolution"

then what revolution should the follow be called ? "big bomb revolution"?

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It has still not caught up in China, the CCP is doing massive fire control by dousing the protests before it starts! No wonder they need 3million strong army!

I wish CCP gets a bitter and cruel end at the hands of its own people. Lets hope China survives the revolution without breaking up, because we need a big and powerful china without the crazy anti-india CCP party.

Like the saying goes "Democracy is the worst form of governance but it is still better than its alternatives."

If this badguy is an CCP stooge on the net he deserves to have a kick on his ass and put in prison for a while where he chill of and quite trolling the party line.

badguy2000

Respected Member
It has still not caught up in China, the CCP is doing massive fire control by dousing the protests before it starts! No wonder they need 3million strong army!

I wish CCP gets a bitter and cruel end at the hands of its own people. Lets hope China survives the revolution without breaking up, because we need a big and powerful china without the crazy anti-india CCP party.

Like the saying goes "Democracy is the worst form of governance but it is still better than its alternatives."

If this badguy is an CCP stooge on the net he deserves to have a kick on his ass and put in prison for a while where he chill of and quite trolling the party line.
well, frankly speaking, if democracy were carried out in China, then China would be as backward ,inefficient and corrupted as India. that would be a nightmare!

kickok1975

Bagguy 2000: It apparently we are not on the same page talking about same issue

First: Why CCP's reform will lead to China's collapse? We all know CCP is communism in name only. They would have collapsed a long time had they not taken reform. On the contrary, the reform is only way to save CCP and lead China to further prosperity. But what they are doing today is just like any other authoritarian party around the world.

Second: How do you know democracy is bad? Have you ever been living in a democratic country? Have you ever seriously studied it? Given the democracy and authoritarian as two options and let people around the world to choose, you could easily get answer. Only brainwashed man will think democracy is bad.

Third: China's reform will take time, no doubt about it. But it needs you and me and many others to push it happen. We are still counting on CCP and not completely lose faith on it. If you are afraid of risk and not willing to do anything, please at least stop attacking those who took the initiatives. Leave them alone. Your action is acting like the once text book written by Luxun that when the headsman execute people, the crowds surrounding it will cheer in loudness.

Last: If my comments make you think I'm like Gordon Chang, it just shows your ignorance and lack of education. I'm all for China and wish her the best and my comments and thread are always supporting China. But I can distinguish China and Chinese government and be very critical on how they manage China.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
well, frankly speaking, if democracy were carried out in China, then China would be as backward ,inefficient and corrupted as India. that would be a nightmare!
So China is not all that now? Who needs fast paced development if you cant have the freedom to enjoy it? I can go out to the street and call for replacing my government and there would be no problem, i could hand over my home to my next generation, i can go out and worship what ever i want, i can spread Atheism, i can drive my car when ever and where ever i want, i can post anything on the net without being taken down. I can enjoy my freedom while my country men are also developing.

Blackwater

Why something not happening in pakizstan????????????????????

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Catching a whiff of jasmine in Kashgar

Feb 20th 2011, 16:30 by J.M. | KASHGAR

TWO fire engines stood parked by the road leading past Kashgar's main mosque. They were clearly not deployed to fight any fires. Atop one sat a helmeted officer behind a shield. The nozzle of the vehicle's water hose pointed to the junction where an alley leads into the maze-like old city of this ancient oasis town. An officer in camouflage uniform sat on the other vehicle. In a nearby government compound, several more security personnel could be seen wearing helmets and carrying shields, standing next to a line of armoured vehicles. They had not been there the day before.

Kashgar is no stranger to security measures. It belongs to a part of China's Xinjiang region that is periodically racked by separatist incidents, sometimes violent, involving members of the ethnic Uighur community. It has been particularly edgy in the past two or three years. An outbreak of deadly clashes between Uighurs and Han Chinese in 2009 in Urumqi, the provincial capital, has left the authorities uneasy.

But today the government perhaps had reason to be a little more jittery than usual. Calls had been circulating on the internet for Chinese to gather in central areas of 13 major cities (none in Xinjiang were named) on February 20th to stage a "jasmine revolution"—in reference to the upheavals that have are convulsing the Arab world. An unsourced posting to an American-based Chinese website, Boxun.com (in Chinese, and currently under a DDOS-style attack) seems to have started the flurry. Chinese authorities quickly moved to suppress it by blocking posts on microblogs that contain the word "jasmine". They stepped up surveillance of several activists and deployed large numbers of police near central Beijing, apparently to pre-empt any protests.

Banyan's latest column discusses why China does not, in fact, appear to be on the brink of a pro-democracy upheaval. In Xinjiang however the authorities might worry that Muslim Uighurs can identify more readily with their democracy-seeking co-religionists in the Middle East and Africa. Many of Kashgar's Uighurs do have much to complain about, from discrimination to unemployment to a makeover of their old city which has forced thousands of them from their homes into soulless new apartment buildings. Soon after my arrival on February 18th I noticed I was being followed by a black Volkswagen. It remained on my tail until I left the city 48 hours later. When I proceeded on foot, one of its occupants would get out of his car to lurk behind me. Kashgar's police have a reputation for intimidating foreign correspondents in this way.

They probably have little to fear, however, from any popular uprising in support of democracy. Xinjiang's troubles tend to be related to ethnic tensions rather than democratic yearnings (though some activists might hope that ending rule by the Han-dominated Communist Party might pave the way for democracy). In Urumqi, tensions between the communities have become so ingrained in the aftermath of the rioting in 2009 that it is hard to imagine Hans and Uighurs marching together to call for political reform. Security is far less visible than it was then, but squads of black-clad riot police, some with batons and others with rifles, can still sometimes be seen in the streets.

Xinjiang does have at least one strong connection with recent events in Egypt, however. It was here that Chinese authorities pioneered the technique of shutting off the internet and mobile-phone messaging systems as way of controlling unrest. Five days cut off from the internet was not enough to stymie the masses arrayed against Hosni Mubarak's regime. Xinjiang was subject to similar restrictions for months in the wake of its riots. This created at least some sense of common cause between Uighurs and Hans. Members of both communities complain that business was badly disrupted by the blackout.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/asiaview/2011/02/precautions_xinjiang

no smoking

Country flag
And Sir I am waiting for our 50 cent army to post. I am sure they will have all the access to spread the "all izzz well" propaganda.
This is the most 'democratic' post I have ever seen! How pathetic!

no smoking

Country flag
Obviously, there is a great amount of anger among common people in China.
But question is: Is this anger big enough to lead to destroy CCP? Is this anger big enough to take a risk of another civil war?
Last time, the poll showed that 76% chinese was satisfied with CCP's rule. Didn't this figure tell you anything?
Is CCP worried? Yes! But they are worried about a trouble not a revolution! If you look at the picture again, you can find those policed were not even armed!

Another problem with pro-democratic groups in china or overseas is: they don't have any economic policy!!! There is not a single group has proved that they can lead this country to continue its economical success. They didn't even try. All they talk about is politics and democracy. For god sake, it is all about economy, you stupid! Even CCP had its own economic policy before 1927.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is the most 'democratic' post I have ever seen! How pathetic!
Painful to you, I must confess.

Obviously, there is a great amount of anger among common people in China.
But question is: Is this anger big enough to lead to destroy CCP? Is this anger big enough to take a risk of another civil war?
Last time, the poll showed that 76% chinese was satisfied with CCP's rule. Didn't this figure tell you anything?
Is CCP worried? Yes! But they are worried about a trouble not a revolution! If you look at the picture again, you can find those policed were not even armed!

Another problem with pro-democratic groups in china or overseas is: they don't have any economic policy!!! There is not a single group has proved that they can lead this country to continue its economical success. They didn't even try. All they talk about is politics and democracy. For god sake, it is all about economy, you stupid! Even CCP had its own economic policy before 1927.
Of course, this picture shows the Chinese Public Security is a sea of tranquillity. But have you seen the other pictures?

Given the previous examples of crushing dissent or popular desire, as in the Tienanmen Square, there is no doubt that any demonstration, irrespective of size, will be crushed. Therefore, the '76%' of the Happy Chinese can have a good night sleep.

But then, I thought you had said that I did not know what hokuo is. I am still awaiting education from you! I am sure it will be enlightening.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
So China is not all that now? Who needs fast paced development if you cant have the freedom to enjoy it? I can go out to the street and call for replacing my government and there would be no problem, i could hand over my home to my next generation, i can go out and worship what ever i want, i can spread Atheism, i can drive my car when ever and where ever i want, i can post anything on the net without being taken down. I can enjoy my freedom while my country men are also developing.
Neither worlds are perfect, but my point is - you ought to live in a democracy to perceive what it means.
Its not possible to make anyone understand this by forum posts.

We are as happy and proud to live in our system just like you are with yours.
We are as critical of our governments and system's pitfalls just as you are of yours.

Regards,
Virendra

nimo_cn

Country flag
Well, it must be very frustrating for someone see that CCP is able to maintain the stability within China whatever revolution is happenning without China.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Well, it must be very frustrating for someone see that CCP is able to maintain the stability within China whatever revolution is happenning without China.
Yeah if you mean some college guys feeling pity on how a teacher minds the schools kids all the way around.
Don't take it on heart, just kidding :)
Nobody is frustrated with a stable China, if any are they'd keep dreaming for long .. may be forever.
But many are frustrated with an overly aggressive China .. those many are everywhere and increasing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If you live in a democracy your mind is free and you are able to do what you desire.

In a totalitarian country, your mind is conditioned like Pavlovian Dogs.

it is like savouring fresh mountain air to being in an Air Conditioned room with stale air being recirculated.

China can maintain stability because of tanks and brute force. That apart, the majority are conditioned as Pavlovian Dogs to believe in the indoctrination that the CCP knows best and without the CCP, China will collapse!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles