Country flag
at least they made something i dont know when we guys understand ground reality

we need 5th gen plane
agni 5

4 ac for IN

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I like the J-20 Design, its like a sexy woman standing down the corner of the street waiting to get picked up.....sexy!!

Crusader53

Don't forget Chinese KKV has shoot satellite and missile, only U.S. can do it before that.
And China successfully tested anti ship ballistic missile, no the second country did it.
Personally, I have my doubts how effective any Anti Ship Ballistic Missile could be against a moving target. Plus, the US and its Allies are building up a very capable Anti Ballistic Missile Defense Nework nonetheless.

p2prada

The frameless one piece bubble canopy is indeed impressive. But, that's not enough for stealth obviously. So, no need to get hung up on that. Most other air forces don't have it only because it is expensive to make. T-50 will have a frameless canopy too.

Minghegy

Personally, I have my doubts how effective any Anti Ship Ballistic Missile could be against a moving target. Plus, the US and its Allies are building up a very capable Anti Ballistic Missile Defense Nework nonetheless.
Nothing is impossible, a small kkv has a relative speed to the small target at 6km per second, if no one did it then most people will have doubts whether it works.
Moreover, trick the missile defense system is easy for U.S./Russia/China, especially beyond the ocean.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
well, before one successfully in "copying" it, one always has to invest lots of USD and take decades to finish related material and machining tech.

I once heard that the total fund allocated for R&D of india's FMBT is only 80M USD...what a joke...

80M USD is even not enough to work out the related material of bubble canopy.
can you give the source or website of your information?if the news is correct then it is only the initial investment(as per five year plans) and probably 10 years later you may find that the fmbt can even knock out j-20 out of the sky even with 80m usd.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The Chinese have built a plane that at least superficially looks stealth enough(well if you discount the huge jet nozelles and the canards that is)the real game change would be the electronics and radar this bird will carry , something about which we know woefully little. also one more thing as of now nobody knows the quality of RAM on this baby, until these unanswered questions see the light of day the J-20 may well be just a regular J-11 in a new Shell(which would still make it deadly by the way).

as for stealth i'm waiting for the day the Chinese try to use the J-20 to buzz a Ticonderoga and get painted by the AEGIS.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles