Chinese 'invasion' leaves Haryana powerless

sob

Mod
Country flag
This is a well known piece of information that the efficiency of Chinese power equipment being supplied in India, is very poor. Slowly these things will come forward, and all those power plants which are coming up with Chinese equipment, to lower the cost, will have to go in fo costly upgrades. This is a case of being penny wise pound foolish.

balai_c

^^ Quality of chinese maal, what can you say ? Do not touch them even with a ten foot barge pole!!

ice berg

Guess your parents never taught you that you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

Tolaha

Its a bidding process, where the lowest bidder bags the project. In these cases, it was the Chinese company. More reasons to prevent Chinese from bidding in power projects. Their quality cannot be trusted in such sectors. They probably will only work in China where these companies know that CCP will hang them up if their products fail! :rolleyes:

arkem8

Country flag
Nice price, you buy.....

In other news..
MUMBAI: Less than 12 hours after two fires in air-conditioned King Long buses in Mumbai on Tuesday night, the BEST undertaking "blacklisted" the manufacturers and said it will never buy any more for its fleet.

The BEST has 270 King Longs, which it purchased for Rs 50-63 lakh each from 2007 to 2009. BEST general manager Om Prakash Gupta said he was frustrated with the buses' performance. "We have invested public money to the tune of more than Rs 150 crore to purchase them. But the returns have been so bad that we have decided not to buy a King Long ever again," he told TOI on Wednesday afternoon.
BEST 'blacklists' King Long buses - Times Of India

Also..

The King Long nightmare came back to haunt BEST as two breakdowns and one cancellation on the same route on Wednesday, leaving hundreds of rush hour passengers - who pay a premium for a comfortable, air-conditioned ride - fuming at the service.
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.a...2&contentid=2012021620120216020035417c75cfc25
Made in China.......

ice berg

Its a bidding process, where the lowest bidder bags the project. In these cases, it was the Chinese company. More reasons to prevent Chinese from bidding in power projects. Their quality cannot be trusted in such sectors. They probably will only work in China where these companies know that CCP will hang them up if their products fail! :rolleyes:
You are telling me that in a bidding process then only criteria is price?

I rest my case then.

ice berg

Nice price, you buy.....

In other news..

BEST 'blacklists' King Long buses - Times Of India

Also..

MumbaiMirror.com
Made in China.......

BEST committee member Ravi Raja blamed the administration for not conducting a proper study on the "technical viability" of the buses on Mumbai roads before placing orders in 2007 (20 buses), 2008 (50) and 2009 (200). Sources said the purchases were made after obtaining the Centre's approval in 2007.

Now, I wonder why...:p

arkem8

Country flag
You are telling me that in a bidding process then only criteria is price?

I rest my case then.
Naah them Yindu's were too stupid and simpleminded to realise that the stats and figures in the Chini brochures were real...

BEST committee member Ravi Raja blamed the administration for not conducting a proper study on the "technical viability" of the buses on Mumbai roads before placing orders in 2007 (20 buses), 2008 (50) and 2009 (200). Sources said the purchases were made after obtaining the Centre's approval in 2007.

Now, I wonder why...:p
Yeah anyone who buys a made in China product just on a lower cost criteria is an idiot... Those geniuses at BEST fit the bill completely..

Still the Chinese manufactured rubbish gave a true "epic failure" performance just as expected... Them Chinese live upto their shabby reputations without fail(pun intended:cool2:)

Made in China.

BTW to the chini 50 centi above.... its real funny how you attack the foolishness and naviety of the customer instead of acknowledging the crappiness and failure of the Chinese products and the inherently dishonest way the chinese do business.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Yep import more from China and call it trade . :laugh::laugh: And when i point out obvious in currency devaluation thread call me an ignorant.

Fruits of importing from China. :laugh::laugh:

Chinese 'invasion' leaves Haryana powerless - Times Of India
You do realize that there are sensible ways to prevent Chinese goods from entering the country, such as imposing duty? Or simply legislation to enforce quality?

You do realize that currency devaluation has many other massive negative spinoffs?

You do realize that there is an urgent need for manufacturing policy in India, with labour reforms etc.? It is not as simple as allowing the rupee to slide, slide, slide, and then celebrate that we will be unable to import any Chinese stuff. Of course, it is another matter that fossils like Mamata Bannerjee will block any kind of reforms.

We have mentioned all this earlier. The way you're talking is as though the rest of us here favour Chinese imports. If you are such a fan of currency devaluation, why do you crib when petrol prices go up? Even if you reduce the tax to zero, the next round of currency depreciation will increase costs even more.

Reactions: nrj

kickok1975

You got what you paid for.

To win such Indian bid, Chinese companies usually need to bribe a lot of money to Indian decision maker. Certainly the company also needs to make profit. So at the end of the day everyone is happy except the project in sub quality

Many people complain Chinese quality. But they end up with Chinese product anyway.

Last edited:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You do realize that there are sensible ways to prevent Chinese goods from entering the country, such as imposing duty? Or simply legislation to enforce quality?

You do realize that currency devaluation has many other massive negative spinoffs?

You do realize that there is an urgent need for manufacturing policy in India, with labour reforms etc.? It is not as simple as allowing the rupee to slide, slide, slide, and then celebrate that we will be unable to import any Chinese stuff. Of course, it is another matter that fossils like Mamata Bannerjee will block any kind of reforms.

We have mentioned all this earlier. The way you're talking is as though the rest of us here favour Chinese imports. If you are such a fan of currency devaluation, why do you crib when petrol prices go up? Even if you reduce the tax to zero, the next round of currency depreciation will increase costs even more.
Who said i am in favour of currency devaluation ? Once again you have linked two completely irrelevant issue.

I am in favour of currency devaluation if it results in increase of export and reduction of trade deficit.Else no. Once our export will increase ,rupee will strengthen against dollar.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
You got what you paid for.
To win such Indian bid, Chinese companies usually need to bribe a lot of money to Indian decision maker. Certainly the company also needs to make profit. So at the end of the day everyone is happy except the project in sub quality
It has less to do with bribery & more with the Indian client who wants the cheapest good so they can cut down operating costs. What you said is true, you get what you pay for. Every company's marketing end adds some sweetener which these immortals label as bribe. Maybe Indian PSUs competitors of chinese counterpart lag in adding sweetener. At the end of the day, it is the fault of Indian client.

Last edited:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually this is another result of Indian baniyagiri and no R&D expense.

There is a purchase section in every company that have to show some cost savings every year. So what they do is show the minimum quote bid most of which is from Chinese company. And the executive also gains a trip to China in bonus.

kickok1975

It has less to do with bribery & more with the Indian client who wants the cheapest good so they can cut down operating costs. What you said is true, you get what you pay for.
In fact, corruption is rampant in many countries, including India and China. You can hardly get anything done without bribing to officials or decision maker. A big portion of project budget will inevitably end up in some people's pocket. When things went bad, they always find excuse. It's just inconvenient reality of how these business work.

Unless our government, business under more scrutiny, become "cleaner" in the future, I can foresee more incident happen

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Guess your parents did not teach you that to cheat people is a SIN and being totally characterless!

And the Chinese members inform that China is India's largest trading partner!

Treachery even in trade where the country exporting's reputation is being sold cheap!

I wonder how the Chinese who are so proud of their internal showcase projects can let themselves down and their national reputtion by exporting junk!

The taslk of 100 years of National Shame!

When will they stop being nationally shamed with these shoddy products that are bought because people think China is such a progressive country with so many showcase projects that they highlight all the time!

Indians are to blame too!

Why only look at the annual balance sheet and statristics?

Buy the best or nearly the best and not only buy what is the cheapest.

Last edited:

kickok1975

Guess your parents did not teach you that to cheat people is a SIN and being totally characterless!

And the Chinese members inform that China is India's largest trading partner!

Treachery even in trade where the country exporting's reputation is being sold cheap!

I wonder how the Chinese who are so proud of their internal showcase project can let themselves down by exporting junk!
Many of those showcase projects in China are junk too, just like what India has. The only difference is lack of transparency and few people knows because our government enjoys control of media to cover their ass

kickok1975

The Indian mentality of saving money is what arm twisted the ones who bought!
No, corruption is what induced the arm twist. Saving money is just excuse, making money is true intention

Global Defence

New threads

Articles