Chinese Government plan to ban Cantonese from any media broadcast after 3/1/2011

mylegend

http://news.ifeng.com/mainland/detail_2011_12/17/11385350_0.shtm
Translation of 1st paragraph...
According to publication from Guangdong Provincial government website, Local Dialect(include Cantonese) will be banned from any form of broadcast(television, radio, and internet) unless with approval of The State Administration of Radio Film and Television or Guangdong Provincial Administration of Radio Film and Television

Personal Opinion:

After General Ye(Ye JianYing, most powerfull Guangdong native in CCP, one of founding general of PRC and personally saved Mao's life) general 's family lost its influence in CCP. Over 90% of Guangdong's city's city CCP Secretary(same as Mayor) are from the North. There is no Guangdong Native in Central Government even though Guangdong Province account for over 1/8 of Chinese mainland economy.

Cantonese is the most popular dialect in Guangdong and Guangxi province. It is the official language of Hong Kong and Macau, and it is the most popular Chinese dialect among Chinese who live in foreign country. Over 120 million people speak Cantonese worldwide... 粤语 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书his news outragous me, I love my nation, but that does not mean CCP can eliminate my Local culture. They have already successfully eliminated the culture in Guangxi Province, less than 30% of people there speak Cantonese now compare to over 80% in the early century... Being a Guangdong Native, I strongly objected this move, I have no problem of promoting Mandarin, my Mandarin skill is probably better than Cantonese because school forbid me from using it in Campus... But eliminating the culture is another issue, Cantonese contains many ancient word of the original Chinese language, it is more original than mandarin...

PS: similar move last year in Guangzhou lead to massive protest and public outrage, CCP should not repeat those mistake! Anyway, just hope more people in the world would know about CCP's attempt to eliminated Cantonese culture.

Reference Link: http://zwgk.gd.gov.cn/006939748/201112/t20111216_297089.html

T
his for those who have interest reading source of this debate. A publication that is release on 12.12.2011 on Guangdong Provincial Government Website.

Last edited:

p2prada

Get ready to be Hanized mate. It's a long process but by the time your children are your age, they won't know what is Cantonese.

Hope the protests belay CCPs plans.

AprilLyrics

http://news.ifeng.com/mainland/detail_2011_12/17/11385350_0.shtm
After General Ye(Ye JianYing, most powerfull Guangdong native in CCP, one of founding general of PRC and personally saved Mao's life) general 's family lost its influence in CCP. Over 90% of Guangdong's city's city CCP Secretary(same as Mayor) are from the North. There is no Guangdong Native in Central Government even though Guangdong Province account for over 1/8 of Chinese mainland economy.

Cantonese is the most popular dialect in Guangdong and Guangxi province. It is the official language of Hong Kong and Macau, and it is the most popular Chinese dialect among Chinese who live in foreign country. Over 120 million people speak Cantonese worldwide... 粤语 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书his news outragous me, I love my nation, but that does not mean CCP can eliminate my Local culture. They have already successfully eliminated the culture in Guangxi Province, less than 30% of people there speak Cantonese now compare to over 80% in the early century... Being a Guangdong Native, I strongly objected this move, I have no problem of promoting Mandarin, my Mandarin skill is probably better than Cantonese because school forbid me from using it in Campus... But eliminating the culture is another issue, Cantonese contains many ancient word of the original Chinese language, it is more original than mandarin...

PS: similar move last year in Guangzhou lead to massive protest and public outrage, CCP should not repeat those mistake! Anyway, just hope more people in the world would know about CCP's attempt to eliminated Cantonese culture.
this part is totally different from the original article.so,i can understand ur feeling.this is ur own words.

as i know,according to the historian,Cantonese is more close to ancient chinese pronounciation.but i dont know which era's.maybe Song(宋) Dynasty?or Jin Dynasty?coz during these times,Nomads from north invade china and joined their blood with some local chinese and also some chinese(that era chinese) moved south.a lot people.there is also other time that nomads invading china,but at Jin(晋末·五胡乱华)and Song(宋前·五代十国),people immigranted the most.

amoy

The initial translation is quite a distortion. The Chinese link actually says to limit use of Cantonese instead of banning.

Ironically General Ye (Marshall?) actually was a Hakka, not Cantonese in its strict sense as mentioned.

Your local culture or language will not be eliminated, if u really have been Guangxi

nimo_cn

Country flag
Maybe China should learn something from India, promote a foreign language as a national language, then everyone will be happy.

trackwhack

Maybe China should learn something from India, promote a foreign language as a national language, then everyone will be happy.
You're a funny dude. I am not unique here and 99% of the Indians on this forum have similar skills. Now the skills.

I can speak, read & write Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam and English
I can converse fluently in Tamil, Telgu,Urdu. I can hold my own in Tulu and Konkani.

Now thats 9 languages. I can only but sympathize with a retard like you who tries to cover the stupidity of your beloved CCP with tripe like you posted.

I cant wait to read you next retarded response.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
You're a funny dude. I am not unique here and 99% of the Indians on this forum have similar skills. Now the skills.

I can speak, read & write Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam and English
I can converse fluently in Tamil, Telgu,Urdu. I can hold my own in Tulu and Konkani.

Now thats 9 languages. I can only but sympathize with a retard like you who tries to cover the stupidity of your beloved CCP with tripe like you posted.
Dude, I had the experience of conversing with Indians face to face, if you think I don't know Indians have to master several languages so that they can talk with each other, then you are fool.

But you still can't deny the important role of English language in India. What language would MMS choose when addressing the national audiences on TV?

Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam,Tamil, Telgu,Urdu,Tulu, Konkani or English?

trackwhack

nimrod, the point is lost on you. We dont need to learn these many language, instead we are richer for it. You think when two Indians meet we talk in sign language? Somethings your commie brain cannot perceive. Irrespective of the language MMS addresses us in (Hindi, our national language or English our second language), he does not get to decide how many kids I get to have or what language I speak in or which God I pray to.

Here is some food for thought

10 commandments of the CCP

1) CCP is your master. You shall have no other masters before CCP
2) You shall not make any other political entity that challenges the CCP
3) You shall not curse the CCP or its propaganda
4) Remember chairman mao's birthday and keep it holy
5) You shall have only one kid
6) You shall speak only Mandarin
7) You shall only access information pre-approved by the CCP
8 ) You shall own no land
9) You shall be treated like shit through houkou
10) You are a CCP slave. You will live like you are told or you will be shot or jailed

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Hanisation of Mainland China, if so provocative, what will happen in Tibet. How bad Tibetans would be feeling.

mylegend

So people in Guangdong think they are not Hans?
I believe that I am Chinese, in fact, Guangdong have been some of most patriotic region in Chinese history, during Manchu invasion, Guangzhou defended the siege for longer than 10 month and ended up with what known as 庚寅之劫, this resulted in masscre of over 600,000 resident after the fall of the city. This is what got me wonder, why should central government enforce such rule to such a loyal region. Maybe because the revolution that tumble Qing Dynasty begins in Guangdong, the founder of Republic of China, Sun Yat-San, is from Guangdong. Anyway, this is not important.

As far as General Ye being a Hakka, I agreed. All I am saying is that, he is the only Guangdong origin high power person in Beijing. Another thing is many Hakka in Guangdong Province speaks Cantonese, well-known example Huang Huahua,the governor of Guangdong(Second-power man in the province) speaks Cantonese(of course everyone speak Mandarin). Thank you to pointing it out though, I know that fact, I should have point it out if insult anyone who is Hakka.

The situation just seem strange, both in Tibet and Xinjiang, elementary school teaches two languages. I do not care about whether Cantonese is being teach(it is not), but I just want to have freedom to listen to Cantonese radio broadcast.

I do understand the measure does not ban the language, but the
administrators of stations will eliminate many Cantonese service in the region. According to the article, administrators of stations will be punished if they broadcast Cantonese without permission. I expect that majority of shows will continue to run, but they will eliminated them in 20yrs period.

But I did not distort the meaning of the article as a reply suggested. I did not say the language is being banned to be spoken.

As far as protest goes, from what I know, it was a very peaceful protest last year. Huang Huahua, come out and claim that government have no attempt eliminate the language.

PS: the titie should be "
Cantonese will not be allowed from any form of broadcast(television, radio, and internet) unless with approval of The State Administration of Radio Film and Television or Guangdong Provincial Administration of Radio Film and Television" I use banned to make more sensational impact. The title also have word limit... That is the only distorted part I found. I am a Chinese national just as the flag suggested, and I'm proud to be one. But I believe CCP is not China. China is a culture that share that all ethnic group who lived in China. I also believe that Citizen fullfill its duty to civil government and should expect privilege in return. People pay taxes to expect public good such as social safety net and public transportation. People enroll to army and expect the nation to protect its interest instead of Betraying it.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
mylegend, thanks for your long post, though I don't think I deserve that. Because I merely asked a simple question, which was not directing at you but some Indian member who accused China of Hanisation.

Since you replied my post for Indians, now I am asking you, do you think the move to regulate the Cantonese language by CPC is an act of Hanisation as it was suggested by Indians?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
One china, one language, one culture, one leader will make the Chinese dull boys. That is why you will never be able to capture Tibet and other outlying areas ! You all will be enslaved by Mandarin !

nimo_cn

Country flag
Is it like in India where people who speak English whithout Indian accent are treated as first class citizens?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles