Chinese Frigate 'Stranded' in Disputed Waters

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Facing challenges from a super power is a totally different situation.
Our quarrel is not with US, But when it was in 71 we had our ground and Carrier Battle group were on stand by to attack US carrier group in Bay of Bengal..

Impluseblade

But you have a totally different government compared to that in 1971.

Our quarrel is not with US, But when it was in 71 we had our ground and Carrier Battle group were on stand by to attack US carrier group in Bay of Bengal..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
But you have a totally different government compared to that in 1971.
Gov here is not matter here but general protocols in IAF against hostile intruders remain same..

-----------------------------------

Off-topic session completed..

nimo_cn

Country flag
Since it is stranded, and it is an old ship, I strongly suggest PLAN just leave it there, making it a monument.

ani82v

Country flag
What an idea. A monument of joke, self-mockery, advertisement of Chinese hegemony. :amen::amen:
Since it is stranded, and it is an old ship, I strongly suggest PLAN just leave it there, making it a monument.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Monument to poor Chinese seamanship? Philippines would just use it as target practice.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Monument of aggression and Chinese middle kingdom expansion, is it?

techsupport

Let's wait and see how this situation develops. If China does build a permanent deck on the Half Moon Shoal as a part of rescue mission, hope you can keep smiling.
A country who spends more than $100 billion a year for its military is being laughed at by a country who just spent a whopping $1 billion the past 2 decades for its own military. How embarrassing.

sukhish

100 billion is mostly spent in controlling its own population. it should be mentioned china is not a free country, and hence massive amount is spent internally.
it's at qar with its itself 24/7.

techsupport

Philippines shooting a Chinese warship? Please ask them to do it asap, thank you
Oh dude. You got it all wrong. After all the threats that your communist government keeps mouthing around, you still haven't fired a single shot. The whole world is waiting. They are very eager to test some new nifty toys at the Chinese. Tell that to your government. Please.

All bark. No bite. :taunt:

redragon

Country flag
the warship will be there to stay, Chinese Navy and other Chinese departments will be in and out that place a lot, I bet Philippines has no way to move the warship away. The position is perfect.
An embarrassment? Maybe, but to whom? we have not seem the result yet......

redragon

Country flag
Oh dude. You got it all wrong. After all the threats that your communist government keeps mouthing around, you still haven't fired a single shot. The whole world is waiting. They are very eager to test some new nifty toys at the Chinese. Tell that to your government. Please.

When we can control the territory without firing a single shot, why bother biting?

nimo_cn

Country flag

Why do we need to fire a shot? Anything is stopping China? Huangyan Island is still under the control of China.

The frigate is gonna stay for a while, then China is gonna build a permanent post there

nimo_cn

Country flag
Monument of aggression and Chinese middle kingdom expansion, is it?
Monument of a strong will to guard Chinese territory. But if you insist on calling it expansion, just be my gust, it is not like I really care how you think about us.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles