Chinese fisherman fatally stabs South Korean officer over illegal fishing

ice berg

What has the Govt got to do with it?

Good point.

So, the Govt is not responsible for the action of its people and that too in international waters!!

By your logic, why have the Chinese Navy go after the Somali pirates if by Chinese logic murder on the high seas for profit is kosher?
I see your reading skills still havnt improved.
This was my original post:

Originally Posted by agentperry
yes they are capable but instead of operating in such a hostile environment where such people who prefer to stab instead of showing up doccuments fish, there is a need to keep a check from both side. i dont think chinese coast guard is so weak to keep a check on such a big illegal fishing lobby. so many illegal fishing trawlers cross chinese water into korean waters. chinese in first place should not allow such rodents to pass onto other's water.

same like in mekong.

To reduce the number of illegal fishing? Maybe, to stop it all together? Doubtful.
I am sure illegal fishings happends everywhere. Not an excuse though.

How you can conclude from that I favour murder on the high seas for profit is beyond me.

By the way, it is not in international water. The clash took place in waters 120 miles west of Incheon. If it was in international water, then it is outside Korean or chinese jurisdiction.

Dont tell me you dont even know that.

How you think Somali pirates is somehow relevant to chinese fishman got arrested for illegal fishing in korean water, is entirely on your own. Try not to pin that on me.
:wave:

RedDragon

If you receive 50 cents for every mistake you correct on Rays post on chinese issues, you will be a millionaire before you know it.
And plus the money I received from the government for I post so many reply on this important web site, I will be the richest man in the world!!!!

RedDragon

I see your reading skills still havnt improved.
This was my original post:

Originally Posted by agentperry
yes they are capable but instead of operating in such a hostile environment where such people who prefer to stab instead of showing up doccuments fish, there is a need to keep a check from both side. i dont think chinese coast guard is so weak to keep a check on such a big illegal fishing lobby. so many illegal fishing trawlers cross chinese water into korean waters. chinese in first place should not allow such rodents to pass onto other's water.

same like in mekong.

To reduce the number of illegal fishing? Maybe, to stop it all together? Doubtful.
I am sure illegal fishings happends everywhere. Not an excuse though.

How you can conclude from that I favour murder on the high seas for profit is beyond me.

By the way, it is not in international water. The clash took place in waters 120 miles west of Incheon. If it was in international water, then it is outside Korean or chinese jurisdiction.

Dont tell me you dont even know that.

How you think Somali pirates is somehow relevant to chinese fishman got arrested for illegal fishing in korean water, is entirely on your own. Try not to pin that on me.
:wave:

You are so patient to type so many words, I have already give up explain everything here, because it is useless. Now I just say what I want to say. Don't care if they understand or not.

ice berg

Why our fishing resource is exhausted? Because corruption is everywhere and the protection law is never enforced by local authority and ignored by fisherman. Each local government is so selfish in order to get a short term economic boost; they encourage more fishing and production. Fisher men are using fishing net with smaller hole that even small fish can't escape.
If China doesn't enforce law, don't expect Chinese fisher man to respect foreign law. That's how this tragedy happens. By the way, don't forget our close seas are all heavily polluted.
If China dont enforce law, there will be thousands of ships heading for Korean water instead of a couple hundreds.
Can it be improved? Sure, it can.

But who is the ultimate culprit? Why , my friend, it is you.
It is about supply and demand.
Think about that next time you eat your fish.

The blame is not on the government alone.

I find it ironic that somebody is blaming the government while he eats the fishes without a second thought.

Ignorance is a bliss, I guess.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I believe the US Coast Guard today views every vessel it stops as being manned by armed terrorists, and prepare themselves accordingly. Condolences to the family of the KS officer.

mylegend

What does the government got to do with it?
It is all about profit.
Like you said yourself, the fishing resources are exhausted by years of predatory fishing.
Ask yourself this, who eat all those fishes?
An hint, the fisherman dont eat all those fishes themselves.
So in the end who is to blame?
Government in the north did not enforce fishing off season like sourthern province such as Guangdong. IN Guangdong, you can not fish for at least 3 month every year... That is why China was angry when Vietnam fish when China stop to perserve fishing for the future.

mylegend

If China dont enforce law, there will be thousands of ships heading for Korean water instead of a couple hundreds.
Can it be improved? Sure, it can.

But who is the ultimate culprit? Why , my friend, it is you.
It is about supply and demand.
Think about that next time you eat your fish.

The blame is not on the government alone.

I find it ironic that somebody is blaming the government while he eats the fishes without a second thought.

Ignorance is a bliss, I guess.
I once thought there is no 50 cents in this forum, and you may not be, but you must be son of government official or something alike. It is always government's responsibility to educate its citizen about law that is legitimate, this is the reason why resentment in China have grow in rapid phase and ultimately cause wide protest that happen in ZenCheng and Lufeng. Of course, i do not dispute that S.Korea enforcement usually mistreat Chinese fishing man but that is another story. You are the one who is ignorance to believe that CCP is the all right full. For that is a regime that its official can rape any woman with out going trial, they are the one that do not respect the law. Just like the Ligang Case and Guizhou's twisted civil service exam that a person who score 1st in the province got deny for the job, because he don't have the connection."‹

Last edited:

RedDragon

I must say that in some rural place, the local village people are very trough to deal with. Sometimes the whole village are relatives, and when the police want to catch a criminal of the village, they will face the hostile of the whole village. And sometime these village people have some real stuffs. And if the policeman hurt a village people in the capture, he will be punished.

How about the situation of India rural village?

jazzyman

It's real chinks you should exterminate !!!

[video=youtube_share;66Tc0QpXx-Q]http://youtu.be/66Tc0QpXx-Q[/video]

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/66Tc0QpXx-Q?version=3&amp;hl=ko_KR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/66Tc0QpXx-Q?version=3&amp;hl=ko_KR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" autostart="true"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Jazzman,

This forum is a serious one.

You are entitled to your views.

However, please understand, use of decent language is encouraged since it indicates the quality of the poster who befits the decorum of the forum.

I would rather believe that you are talking about 'chinks in the armour'.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The South Korean coast guard officer was buried right after the incident without a proper joint investigation by Chinese and South Koreans. I am wondering what are they trying to hide?

agentperry

The South Korean coast guard officer was buried right after the incident without a proper joint investigation by Chinese and South Koreans. I am wondering what are they trying to hide?
the politics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles