Chinese defence minister gifts Rs one lakh to IAF pilots

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Chinese defence minister gifts Rs one lakh to IAF pilots

PTI | Sep 5, 2012, 08.17PM IST
Tweet

NEW DELHI: It was an unusual gift from Chinese defence minister Gen Liang Guang Lie to two Indian Air Force pilots -- Rs one lakh in cash.

The pilots were given cash in two envelopes after they flew the visiting minister by special IAF aircraft from Mumbai to Delhi on Monday, sources told PTI here today.

They said after seeing off Liang, the pilots checked their 'unusual gift' in sealed envelopes and then realised it was Rs one lakh cash in Indian currency.

The Captain of the aircraft then informed the Air Headquarters about the 'gift' and it was decided that the money would be deposited in the Government depository (toshakhana), the sources said.

They said the money could not be returned to the Chinese defence minister due to sensitivities involved in it.

IAF officials said when Indian dignitaries travel on these aircraft for foreign trips, they gift ties and other small mementos as a token of appreciation to the aircraft crew.

Guang, who is on a five-day India visit, arrived in Mumbai on Sunday. The defence ministry had provided its aircraft for the inland travel of the visiting minister.

Yesterday, before the beginning of the delegation-level talks, the Chinese minister had thanked his Indian counterpart A K Antony for the arrangements made by India for him and his entourage.

ani82v

Country flag
Do Chinese give a shit about the arrangements made or the return gifts??
Checking these things is Indian mentality!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
They said the money could not be returned to the Chinese defence minister due to sensitivities involved in it.
Good logic.

And it is not insensitive that the Chinese feel that our uniformed pilots are glorified taxi drivers!

What a country!!!!!!!!!

nimo_cn

Country flag
If that was true, Liang certainly understands the old saying, do as the Romans do.

VenuT

now what was that ol' (ok, not that ol') saying? hindi, chini bhai-bhai :D

Tolaha

Chinese defence minister wished to give cash gift to military band - The Times of India

After giving an unusual gift of Rs one lakh cash to two Indian Air Force (IAF) pilots, Chinese defence minister Gen Liang Guanglie planned to repeat such an action with regard to a military band playing at a banquet hosted by defence minister A K Antony.

But his plan could not be executed as the Indian side dissuaded him from doing so saying there was no such practice, sources told PTI here
This fella is slow... really slow. He still didn't get it! :tsk:

no smoking

Country flag
If that was true, Liang certainly understands the old saying, do as the Romans do.
I think it is quite true since every time my wife passed indian custom, they always asked some cash as a thank for their services.

The cash was sealed in envelope! This detail can tell you that Liang already prepare this before being on board.

Tolaha

I think it is quite true since every time my wife passed indian custom, they always asked some cash as a thank for their services.

The cash was sealed in envelope! This detail can tell you that Liang already prepare this before being on board.
Not sure what he was prepared for, but by his actions, he seemed retarded!

Sunder singh

actually we india have custom of give money to relative youger to spl children younger sisters and old people to show how r they important to us but not for their service or not to unknown person ot govt. employee may b that chinese custom

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Or maybe it is the Chinese custom.

They give red envelopes of cash during festivals and that is called Red Bomb.

And we all know that to Chinese, money is the sole index of existential happiness!

Deng improved the Chinese economy and the robots under Mao have become more robotic than ever before!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
thanks for the gift, GOI will buy ammo with this money and will use the same on China border. On bullet we will write purchased for money gifted by China.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
This is the first that I have heard of in my entire life. My only question is Who are his advisers and what were they thinking while making this decision? Itna neechi soch is below any person with dignity.

no smoking

Country flag
actually we india have custom of give money to relative youger to spl children younger sisters and old people to show how r they important to us but not for their service or not to unknown person ot govt. employee may b that chinese custom
Sorry, it is "India Customs"!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles