Chinese daily calls for 'small-scale war' against Philippines

s002wjh

Country flag
The US economy is big enough to last decades in a war with China. Chinese wont have food after two weeks of war with the US. Stop talking like a dolt. You dont even produce enough food for your people, how are you gonna survive a war?
source source plz. i could BS too

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I think ASEAN would be better of being an individual nations if each member can't even support the other. at least indonesia, vietnam and the philippines did sor, I wonder why singapore,malaysia and thailand aren't taking any actions.
INDIA is with you..

s002wjh

Country flag
wake up... :rofl:

communist china do have free media. to publish a news in your 'official mouthpiece' newspaper, they need blessings from government and ccp and various hancos from military. news are published only after pre-approval and everything is censored. so your newspaper reflect the christmas plans of big dogs in your country.. and here you are downplaying it.. :pound:

:rofl:
right blief what you want. so this "small conflict" you mention when will start? :lol: so if china say they create some new energy etc, you won't belief it, but if they said they will start a war with philippine you belief it 100%:rofl:

pankaj nema

Country flag
yes US talk alot too after NK sink S.korean ship? anything happened? sure of chinese invasion of phillipine mainland, i doubt US will start a war with china. its all face value talk. chinese general even said they will bomb LA if US involve in taiwan stuff:rofl:.
Amongst all its allies The USA has Maximum number of Regular Joint exercises with South Korea

This sinking incident happened in March 2010

This exercise immediately after the sinking incident

S. Korea, U.S. show force over sunk ship - Washington Times

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Gentlemen, just remember what mark twain said "Do not argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".
"if you fight with pigs, you both with get dirty but the pigs will enjoy it"

Kiyoshi

Don't worry Phillipines the world is on your side.
I guess china is so happy that other nations are kissing their ass. it is just not a test for the ASEAN but other nations as well, it is a test who truly are your allies. we did our part in many wars like the korean war, vietnam war when china tried to invaded them now we ask other nations as well to do the same.

panduranghari

source source plz. i could BS too
What are you questioning?

This - The US economy is big enough to last decades in a war with China
OR
This -Chinese wont have food after two weeks of war with the US
OR
This- You dont even produce enough food for your people, how are you gonna survive a war?

Please clarify.

s002wjh

Country flag
US commander reaffirms Philippines defence treaty - Yahoo! News Philippines

US commander reaffirms Philippines defence treaty

A senior US commander in the Pacific reaffirmed the United States' mutual defence treaty with the Philippines Sunday amid increased tensions between the archipelago and China.
In the strongest comments yet from an American official on the South China Sea dispute, Commander of the US Marines in the Pacific Lieutenant General Duane Thiessen said the Philippines and US were bound by a military agreement.

"The United States and the Philippines have a mutual defence treaty which guarantees that we get involved in each other's defense and that is self explanatory," he told reporters in Puerto Princesa, the capital of Palawan.
Thiessen was responding to a question about whether the US would provide assistance if Chinese armed forces attacked Philippine units over conflicting claims to the Scarborough Shoal which have flared up in recent weeks.
The US commander did not elaborate on what kind of assistance would be provided.
He also stressed that US-Philippine military exercises that began last week were not directed at China and not linked to territorial tensions.

"There is no direct linkage. There is no tie between Scarborough Shoal and US movement in the Pacific," he said.
His remarks came after Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario issued a statement calling on other countries to take a stand on China's alleged aggressiveness in the region.

"Since the freedom of navigation and unimpeded commerce in the (South China Sea) are of great import to many nations, all should consider what China is endeavouring to do in the Scarborough Shoal," del Rosario said.
"All, not just the Philippines will be ultimately negatively affected if we do not take a stand," he said in an SMS message sent to reporters.

Chinese and Philippine ships began a standoff in Scarborough Shoal on April 8, giving increased attention to the annual joint military exercise this year.

A Philippine coast guard ship and two Chinese vessels are still facing off over the two countries' conflicting claims to the shoal, about 230 kilometres (140 miles) from the main Philippine island of Luzon.
A Chinese military paper recently warned that the latest US-Philippine exercise increased the threat of an armed confrontation in the region.

China claims all of the South China Sea, even up to the coasts of other countries including the Philippines, directly conflicting with the claims of many of its neighbours.

While the Philippines concedes it cannot stand up to China's military might, officials have also cited its 1951 mutual defence treaty which calls on the United States to come to the country's aid in case of external attack.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: U.S. should back up verbal support of Taiwan - Washington Times

let see we said the same for taiwan? but wait we don't sell taiwan anymore advance weaponary anymore

Recently there has been an unprecedented volume of talk, some of it serious, about the possibility that the United States could be backing away from its arms sales to Taiwan ("Taiwanese president's re-election may sour U.S. arms sales," Web, Jan. 17). This is a serious matter, with academics and officials alike having expressed their views on the implications of the outcome of Taiwan's recent presidential election.

Considering the issue from a variety of perspectives, President Ma Ying-jeou will face many major challenges in his second term. He needs a strategy to ensure that Taiwan remains competitive in cross-strait dynamic balancing. Taiwan needs to improve its defensive strategy and capability because it cannot be absolutely certain that Beijing will never use its increasingly robust military power for some degree of coercion.

Walking away from Taiwan could only sap the United States' negotiating power throughout the region. Moreover, it could send friends in the area, such as Japan and South Korea, into China's arms.

Although Washington was pleased with the peaceful and orderly conduct of the presidential election, what lies ahead for U.S. relations with Taipei is less clear. Talks on closer trade relations and additional weapons sales are stalled. Yet in a major review of U.S. foreign policy, the Obama administration has announced a pivot toward Southeast Asia, opening opportunities for new initiatives with a friendly and democratic Taiwan.

If Washington is as pleased with the Ma government as it claims to be, then more robust initiatives are justified, including sales of advanced F-16 fighter jets, the granting of Taiwan visa-waiver status, Cabinet-level visits, and the inclusion of Taiwan in trade agreements that promote free markets across the Pacific.

Some may ask why the U.S. ought to care about Taiwan. Taiwan is at the core of future political and security relations with China. Increased U.S. support of Taiwan would enable the small democratic island to maintain a sufficient means of self-defense capability. The U.S. should reaffirm its Taiwan Relations Act (TRA) commitment now.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
right blief what you want. so this "small conflict" you mention when will start? :lol: so if china say they create some new energy etc, you won't belief it, but if they said they will start a war with philippine you belief it 100%:rofl:
personally, i don't think that china has enough hair on balls to attack other nation :rofl: but my issue is...

then why so much drama show-off in your media? :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

s002wjh

Country flag
What are you questioning?

This - The US economy is big enough to last decades in a war with China
OR
This -Chinese wont have food after two weeks of war with the US
OR
This- You dont even produce enough food for your people, how are you gonna survive a war?

Please clarify.
ALL. i like to know how US economy won't be affect. china still has food for its population, rice mainly. so good source says US economy won't be affected, source says china won't have food after two weeks, and source says china CAN"T produce enough food for its people.

china has enough land, famer to product enough rice for its people, maybe not meat products.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The problem here is USA. Be it is any issue with Taiwan and other ASEAN nations USA has always supported China's concerns.

USA may like to contain China's military rise but wouldn't like to see the same perish. As long as sea lanes are open USA wouldn't care how China is going to bully states surrounding SCS. ASEAN nations know this thing very well. So I am not going to bet my money on any ASEAN unity against China, which is almost impossible without the support of any remaining P4s.

s002wjh

Country flag
what are you trying to say?? How does it relate to this topic?
Then this is the time for China to attack Taiwan too.
i'm saying both china/US/russia made a lot talk, promises, but didn't keep it. taiwan is an example. short of full invasion of phillipine i doubt US will attack china. but even then it will be just sink china invasion fleet and not attack china mainland.

Country flag
The problem here is USA. Be it is any issue with Taiwan and other ASEAN nations USA has always supported China's concerns.

USA may like to contain China's military rise but wouldn't like to see the same perish. As long as sea lanes are open USA wouldn't care how China is going to bully states surrounding SCS. ASEAN nations know this thing very well. So I am not going to bet my money on any ASEAN unity against China, which is almost impossible without the support of any remaining P4s.
USA is backing up it's talk with new Bases in Guam and Singapore
all focused on China.A war with China would be the best way to get rid of trillions in
debt. There is no other way USA will be able to pay it. USA
is just buying time right now.

Last edited:
Country flag
i'm saying both china/US/russia make a lot talk promise, but not really keep it. taiwan is an example. short of full invasion of phillipine i doubt US will attack china. but even then it will be just sink china invasion fleet and not attack china mainland.
Then why is china so scaird to attack?

s002wjh

Country flag
USA is backing up it's talk with new Bases in Guam and Singapore
all focused on China.A war with China would be the best way to get rid of trillions in
debt. There is no other way USA will be able to pay it. USA
is just buying time right now.
war is the last thing US want it. again find a source says US want a war with china.

your post#79, see my previous post why china don't want to push ASEAN too far.

US might sail its CVBG to SCS to show of force if things get too hot in SCS, but it won't start a war with china unless china do something very aggressive. US base in that resion is for keep its influence, not to start a war with china. just because US has 11 CVBG and building more, it does not mean we will invade china/russia etc etc. war is last thing US/China wanted, but both country is prepared just in case. does india purchase of rafale mean india will attack china soon? no, its for preparation in case worst thing happened.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles