Chinese city hotels asked to turn away people from five Muslim countries

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
But point 1 only tells what is in it for China.

Point 5 adds into the frame "what's in it for other stakeholders"?

It won't fly unless both sides are benefitted.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~
Bi-lateral relations between the PRC and Pakistan are precisely that, "bi-lateral" that is, unless it affects Bangladesh, none of our business. With credit to China it is an ally of Bangladesh and has never taken the Pakistani side in Bangladeshi affairs e.g. Jamaati war criminals, unlike certain countries such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia (in the past).

China is seen as our biggest and best ally by many/most Bangladeshis, either the PRC or Japan, one of those two.

sorcerer

Country flag
I hope @sorcerer will be more discreet in citing sources like "Indian Express".

China is not India. India has 180mil muslims. In most cities it barely reaches 1% of population so harmony prevails there.
Yeah Indian media is much better than state controlled chinese media with propaganda news with biased opinion for the chinese people.

As you said china is not India and muslim population barely reaches 1 percent population..still your (1) commie party is worried about a religious outbreak.it could be the natural chinese "alarming characteristic".(2) YOu are acknowledging the fact that harmony prevails in china because the muslim population is barely 1% of population.
:D

This is the exact worry what is prompting the commie party in china to come heavy on muslims.

bose

Country flag
Bi-lateral relations between the PRC and Pakistan are precisely that, "bi-lateral" that is, unless it affects Bangladesh, none of our business. With credit to China it is an ally of Bangladesh and has never taken the Pakistani side in Bangladeshi affairs e.g. Jamaati war criminals, unlike certain countries such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia (in the past).

China is seen as our biggest and best ally by many/most Bangladeshis, either the PRC or Japan, one of those two.
Let me ask you a un comfortable question !!

Where do Indians stand ? I read somewhere most of you dislike Indians ?

I asked this question to Bangladeshis they feel comfortable ... why ?

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
1. Bengalis (well Bangladeshis) are generally quiet, simple, humble people not given to confrontation. If an Indian went to Dhaka he wouldn't experience any problems and you can ask any member here about their experiences in Bangladesh.

There is no hatred of Indians on a personal level.

2. Given that Bengalis are Muslim in the diaspora they mix with Pakistanis in mosques and elsewhere and many feel an affinity with their co-religionists and see 71 as a political issue or historical, nothing to do with actual Pakistanis they meet.

However Pakistanis definitely have far more hatred of Indians and Hindus and part of it though they may deny it is racial which is why they also hate more Indic Mohajirs and Bengalis.

3. As for politics.

The BNP/Jamaat nexus are puppets of Pakistan and Jamaat is full of guys like this Rock71 for whom hurting India is more important than improving Bangladesh. There is a belief in some quarters in Bangladesh that the Jamaat- BNP relationship is akin to the one rumoured to be between Israel and America i.e. the belief some have that Israel controls America through the Jewish lobby. According to this line of thinking Jamaat have huge power disproportionate to their numbers due to their foreign (mainly Pakistani backing) and infiltration of the BNP.

If I were an Indian I would be very wary of the BNP ever regaining power because it seems to me they are very unintelligent and greedy people, who lack the brains to realize a good, co-operative relationship with India is in our interests.

The Awami League are pro-India as everyone knows.

As for me as a nationalist Bangladeshi, who is a practicing Muslim but politically aware this is my personal opinion:

Bangladesh is a poor country with 160 million mouths to feed. Our priority is economic development and that naturally necessitates a good co-operative relationship with our biggest and most important neighbour India. Many countries would die to be immediate neighbours with what is the fastest growing economy in the world and a market bigger than the EU, so we need to utilize it.

Indians are rational people (unlike military ruled Punjabi chauvinist Pakistan) who can be reasoned with and we have sorted many bi-lateral disputes out. Those like Rocky71 who seek hatred and conflict between India and Bangladesh are working for the Pakistani agenda, a Pakistan which could care less about Bangladeshis as a people, and our national struggle to uplift ourselves from poverty, but is merely engaged in a phallic struggle for superiority with India.

On a cultural level, I believe Bengalis are an Indic people and need to be comfortable with that and understand that the Indic civilization which we are part of is a very deep and rich one giving the world Yoga, medicine, great cuisine, philosophy etc. There is an unwritten racial hierarchy in the Muslim world where west Asians (Arabs, Iranians, Turks) are at the top, Pakistanis are at the top or second tier...and Bengalis are below. The Muslim countries often have a natural inclination to support Pakistan over Bangladesh on any issue even when we're clearly in the right, hence the whole concept of Ummah becomes problematic Pakistanis are seen as "more Muslim" than darker Bengalis. Thus because of who we are racially we have to embrace that and embrace our Indic identity as a subset of our more important Bangladeshi identity.

The outside world will always see us a brown Indic peoples as "the same" including racist Punjabis of Pakistan, so in that case why should we fight?

Most people in the world are very shallow and image-based, thus I am of the opinion now that if India is seen as successful it's good for Bangladesh e.g. if brown desi man are seen producing and selling Tata vehicles it's good for Bangladeshis who are just "brown desi men" too for outsiders.

I have not articulated my thoughts on this well at all especially the part of being "2nd class Muslims" thus necessitating being comfortable with our Indic identity, but I hope this post helps in some way.

Last edited:

amoy

The US is the role model as a master of pragmatism. So we see both Saudi and Israel are her allies though they're seemingly two polars apart.

Stability and prosperity of Pakistan is good for everybody in the region incl. Bangladesh. With a western front in sight India has to mellow its tone when dealing with other lesser buddies in S. Asia in order to avoid a multi-front plight.

Again, no one shall force his ideas upon others. That's crucial for co-existence of neighbours of different cultural or historical backgrounds. When u have one more friend, u gain an extra leverage. That's why recently India has to scale up its aid to Nepal after Nepal received Chinese support during India's border blockade.

pmaitra

The Chinese are smart people and foreign relations does not operate on sentimentality but on cold hard interest & benefit.

From what you are saying the Chinese know that the Pakistanis are troublesome, so in your opinion what is the basis of being "friends" with them?

1. Using them to weaken and bog down India by pumping them with arms so India has a problematic western front to deal with.

2. Access to the Persian gulf and thus bypassing the tortuously long Malacca straits e.g. via Gwadar, CPEC.

Anything else?
Yes, and I will add, Pakistan is a good destination for Chinese made goods, both civilian as well as military.

For example, when PAF flies Chinese made fighters, it becomes a good customer attracting factor.

bose

Country flag
The US is the role model as a master of pragmatism. So we see both Saudi and Israel are her allies though they're seemingly two polars apart.
US presence is absolute must in SCS and IOR for take care of the neo fascist China...

Stability and prosperity of Pakistan is good for everybody in the region incl. Bangladesh. With a western front in sight India has to mellow its tone when dealing with other lesser buddies in S. Asia in order to avoid a multi-front plight.
It is a Chinese preaching ?

It was Fu$$$$$ China that vetoed in UN to save a mass murderer Pakistani terrorist and you are preaching stability of Pakistani ?? Does Pakistani believe in stability of other countries ?

India will not mellow down ... it will either India or Pakistan ... one will have to go ...

Again, no one shall force his ideas upon others. That's crucial for co-existence of neighbours of different cultural or historical backgrounds. When u have one more friend, u gain an extra leverage. That's why recently India has to scale up its aid to Nepal after Nepal received Chinese support during India's border blockade.
Same applied to China too... Before preaching others practice yourself first...

What happed to the current Nepal government ? I see them singing pro Indian again ?

sorcerer

Country flag
China’s influence in Nepal endangers Tibetan refugees
Tibetan refugees are extremely passionate about their homeland, culture and freedom – which is why it has devastated so many families to have to flee the country ever since the Chinese military invaded and took control of Tibet in 1949.

https://newint.org/features/web-exc...nfluence-in-nepal-endangers-tibetan-refugees/

Chinese Repression Threatens Tibet's Buddhist Tradition
BEIJING — CHINA's increasing persecution of religion in Tibet threatens to smother Tibetan Buddhism, says a report to be released today by the human rights organization International Campaign for Tibet. In addition to abusing the rights of monks and lay Buddhists, Beijing has systematically eliminated the few autonomous monasteries carved out in the last decade. Tibetan Buddhism could wither in its native land as China hampers the training of novice monks and bars religious practice outside monasteries, says the Washington-based organization.
http://www.csmonitor.com/1990/0921/opers.html
China: Religious Repression of Uighur Muslims
New York) - The Chinese government is directing a crushing campaign of religious repression against China’s Muslim Uighurs in the name of anti-separatism and counter-terrorism, Human Rights Watch and Human Rights in China said in a new report today.'

https://www.hrw.org/news/2005/04/12/china-religious-repression-uighur-muslims

-------------

Okay..chinese should tell this to their commie masters about co-existance,culture differences, backgrounds etc.

amoy

Always amusing to see Indian posters tirelessly lecturing Chinese on Uyghurs and Tibetans :biggrin2:

Nah, take care of your house and make a fair deal with your Muslims of 180mil, which is 9 x Chinese muslims :shock:

Don't act this way - Babri Masjid Demolition or Kashmir killings of civilians show mirrors to yourselves first :facepalm:

This is Urumqi - I dare u to show what u have made Srinagar look like, or what India has done to improve livelihood of Kashmiris.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
:D
Babri Masjid Demolition is not happening monthly, weekly, daily basis like china is doing to the Uighurs in East Turkestan

Kashmir killing is DONE by pakistan with the help of chinese money. c'mon..more than pakistan , china wants the Indian Gilgit and PoK region of Kashmir for the pipeline.

We showed the mirror to pakistan and china on Balochistan and now pakistan administration is grappling with reality.
We are showing the world what pakistan does to Kashmir with china.

Indians have made a fair deal with each other and there is relative peace in this nation for everyone.

This is what the daring chinese commies have done to Uighurs.

In pictures: The daily life of China's ethnic Uighur population

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...-life-of-Chinas-ethnic-Uighur-population.html

China's western Xinjiang region has a long history of discord between China's authorities and the indigenous Uighur ethnic minority. The Uighurs are Muslims and regard themselves as culturally and ethnically close to Central Asian nations. Photographer Kevin Frayer observes the community facing cultural and religious restrictions by the Chinese government around the Eid holiday.

This '60 Minutes' Video Of China's Ghost Cities Is More Surreal Than Anything We've Ever Seen

We have written about China's ghost towns — neighborhoods with massive new buildings not inhabited by any people. Many see this as the clear evidence of overbuilding and a housing bubble.

http://www.businessinsider.in/This-...thing-Weve-Ever-Seen/articleshow/21297473.cms

sorcerer

Country flag
The irony of having an 'iron brother' — My failed quest for a Chinese visa
I was, however, shocked to discover that I could not obtain an individual tourist visa for China because Pakistani nationals can only travel to China in a group!

One needs to wait for an arranged group tour to China through an agent. This is on the condition that you buy the complete package from an agent — including the airline tickets, hotel bookings, airport pick and drop services, etc.

The agent also decides the fee for the invitation letter, flights and hotels. This is severely inconvenient for a budget traveller like myself, who prefers to travel without a plan and couchsurf. So much for being iron brothers.

A travel agent I spoke to said he could get me a business visa for China for Rs100,000. I regretted the offer because I could not afford such an exorbitant sum and finally gave up on the Chinese visa.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1236765

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Always amusing to see Indian posters tirelessly lecturing Chinese on Uyghurs and Tibetans :biggrin2:

Nah, take care of your house and make a fair deal with your Muslims of 1.8bil, which is 9 times Chinese muslims :shock:

Don't act this way - Babri Masjid Demolition or Kashmir killings of civilians show mirrors to yourselves first :facepalm:
LOL,
Mirror must be shown to the people who started. We have no problem if these self proclaimed descendants of Arabs want to live in our country, but India is not ruled on Sharia. If they'll cross their limits, Democracy will get Demo Crazy to teach indisciplined souls a lesson.
And then, there will huge campaigns over intolerance of India.
They murder you, rape you, burn your houses (or probably burn you alive) and you please keep proving how tolerant are you!

Ever read about demolition of Indian temples and burning the people alive.
Not only in 47, every communal riot.
Even today, they have objection to every unislamic law.
Plus, it doesn't only happen in India.
You know, here I admire you commies.
Former USSR and PRC specially.;)

Again, only civilians for name.
Utter terrorists used to burn non Muslims alive in Kashmir in past,
Now a days, fond of either pleting stones or direct terror attacks.
It's still way way lesser than the country in western neighborhood who uses direct air strikes on civilians instead of pellets guns and chilli grenades as Indians do.:biggrin2:

Ever bother to read about demographic history of Kashmir as well. Plenty of non Muslims have fled to other parts of India and will restore the demographics when rehabilitated.

This is Urumqi - I dare u to show what u have made Srinagar look like, or what India has done to improve livelihood of Kashmiris.
India is a lower middle income economy and Srinagar itself is almost same as that of most Indian Capital City. Kashmir itself is close to India's national average in HDI (0.595 & 0.609) and maintains a relatively very low poverty ratio.
Kashmir already gets a substantial chunk of national budget as well.
As there too are dense infrastructure projects under construction in Kashmir.
And again, it's still better than the part out of our control. Kashmir will too get up eventually as soon as India graduates as a middle income economy.
For Urumqi, I don't think entire China is like Urumqi, it's well above national average. And we too have and making a number of planned cities in different parts of India.

sachin458377

Country flag
Chinkys also know that muslims especially from pokistan are terrorist without minds so obv they dont want to risk.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Chinkys also know that muslims especially from pokistan are terrorist without minds so obv they dont want to risk.
Funny is that they came here defending to their full might based on their media which is strictly controlled.

But on ground China has directly blamed Pakis for terrorism in Western China.

sorcerer

Country flag
‘Russia denied Pakistanis entry without a reason’

RAWALPINDI: Some 30 Pakistani business professionals who were denied entry into Russia on suspicions of visa rule violations arrived at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport (BBIA) early on Friday on board Turkish Airlines flight TK-740.

The Russian authorities denied entry to 84 Pakistan business professionals, 49 of whom were from Rawalpindi.

Of these, 30 were sent back to BBIA, while 19 are still waiting in Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

According to the Federal Investigation Agency’s immigration department, the 30 Pakistanis who returned home on Friday were handed over by Turkish Airlines to the Pakistani authorities.

After looking over their documents, Pakistani authorities determined that their visas were genuine and that Russian immigration authorities had denied them entry without a reason.

The remaining 35 passengers who were denied entry were from Karachi and Lahore. They were also put on a flight back and have reached home.

All these passengers had been awarded a trip to Russia by a mobile phone distribution company for achieving their sales targets.

Most of them had travelled abroad before and had never been refused entry.

Malik Omer, one of the passengers who was sent back, said they could not get in touch with the relevant authorities in Pakistan when their immigration was being processed in Moscow, or when they were waiting for a connecting flight at the Ataturk Airport.

“We don’t even know where our luggage is,” he said.

The 30 passengers from Rawalpindi travelled to Moscow on March 23 from Islamabad on a Turkish Airlines flight via Istanbul. They were denied entry and flew home on the same flight.

“We landed in Moscow and the immigration officers took our passports and started counting the passengers. Half an hour later, we were sent back on the same flight without being given a reason,” Mr Omer said.

He said that they had valid Russian visas and return tickets, but were still treated like “criminals” in Moscow.

One of the Pakistanis waiting at Ataturk Airport, Rizwan Abbasi, told Dawn over the phone: “We are being treated like criminals. It is the federal government’s duty to make arrangements for us to be brought back to Pakistan.”

Mr Abbasi said no one from the Pakistani embassy had visited them to make sure they were not mistreated.:rofl::rofl:

“We are not criminals and yet we are being treated like we are. We cannot sleep at night and some of us spend the night in chairs and others on the floor. And the Pakistani government isn’t doing anything about it,” he said.

The 19 Pakistanis stranded in Istanbul have to wait a long time to use the bathrooms and the food given to them is stale, Rizwan added.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1248028

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles