Chinese Armored Vehicles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Tank is improved from earlier flaws in Type99 and 96/98..

Though still need a re deign turret..

And better side protection on chassis..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
different head,different body,different engine~~
Same head ( ERA covered ),
Same Chassis ( Same no of wheels and same auto loaders, Same suspension, Only the space between the wheels are lesser )

Different Engine, Yes..

AprilLyrics

Same head ( ERA covered ),
Same Chassis ( Same no of wheels and same auto loaders, Same suspension, Only the space between the wheels are lesser )

Different Engine, Yes..

err...they said those r not ERA.they said it is another kind of amor,not ERA.but i dont have any evidence.when i first time saw this new tank,i thought it war ERA,and everyone else the same like me.

i just watched some information from a chinese millitary forum,and one of the moderator there said this.He also introduced some knowledge of tank amor.such as the matirel and some theory.before that i thought LEO2 and Merkeva should be the best amor tank,and he said the best amored tank should be M1seires(after M1A1HA) and Chanlleger 2(especially Challenger 2e).his words seems to be very professional.though i dont know it is real or bullshit....

besides.they said this tank's parts is not interchangeable with the old verion 99.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
err...they said those r not ERA.they said it is another kind of amor,not ERA.but i dont have any evidence.when i first time saw this new tank,i thought it war ERA,and everyone else the same like me.

i just watched some information from a chinese millitary forum,and one of the moderator there said this.He also introduced some knowledge of tank amor.such as the matirel and some theory.before that i thought LEO2 and Merkeva should be the best amor tank,and he said the best amored tank should be M1seires(after M1A1HA) and Chanlleger 2(especially Challenger 2e).his words seems to be very professional.though i dont know it is real or bullshit....

besides.they said this tank's parts is not interchangeable with the old verion 99.

I am sure what i told..

Those small tiles are not composite coz they are too thin to be effective, May be he talked abt older turret, But the one you see on this tank is era tiles over older turret..

And this tank is 98% older tank, Small modification are done..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
One of your Droid is not function well, Look at it before this thread got reported..

cir

I am sure what i told..

Those small tiles are not composite coz they are too thin to be effective, May be he talked abt older turret, But the one you see on this tank is era tiles over older turret..

And this tank is 98% older tank, Small modification are done..
There is not a grain of truth in what you have said。

It is good to know that our neighbour still lives in the 18th century. :rofl:

AprilLyrics

....have a question,can ERA be placed like this?
C1IAl.jpg

this is russian's ERA,they placed it like this:
200610703243822.jpg

cir

Type-99 is using ATGM over the turret despite it can fire from barrel, Gud luck with it.. :thumb:
Are you kidding?

The picture has got nothing to do with the 99s. I just thought it might be fun and appropriate bringing up this new toy (actually it does not show the whole picture, especially when the new generation of ammunitions that go with IT are not disclosed..:rofl:...) in a thread concerned with tanks.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles