Chinese antartic chopper down

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
The Xueying helicopter lies heavily damaged after crashing in Antarctica in the small hours of Friday Beijing time. The two crew members were safely returned to their supporting icebreaker. [Photo / Xinhua]

Both crew members brought to safety; expedition will continue

BEIJING - A helicopter returning from delivering supplies and equipment to the 28th Antarctic research expedition crashed in the small hours of Friday (Beijing time), the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) said. No casualties were reported.

"The crash won't have much effect on the inland scientific expedition at the South Pole, because the delivery of supplies and research equipment there was finished before Wednesday," Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration, said at a news conference on Friday afternoon.

The two crew members in the Xueying - Snow Eagle - were reported to be safe, though one was slightly injured. They were both brought back to the icebreaker Xuelong, Qu said.

The cause of the crash is under investigation and will be released on the SOA's website in a timely manner, he said.

According to the SOA, the pilot lost control of the craft while flying back to the icebreaker, after delivering supplies to China's Zhongshan research station.

The helicopter crashed into an iceberg after an attempted forced landing failed.

The Antarctic expedition is covered by an 80 million yuan ($12.5 million) accidental damage insurance policy with China Pacific Insurance Co Ltd (CPIC). The helicopter is worth $8.5 million, the SOA said.

"The accident investigation and retrieval of the helicopter are urgent," Qu said.

He said they are trying to find the best way to retrieve the craft and bring it back to the icebreaker, to minimize any environmental impact, without jeopardizing the safety of expedition members.

But he expected the work to be difficult because of the extreme weather conditions at the pole.

"The accident's impact on the 28th Antarctic research expedition is being evaluated," Xia Limin, director of the general management department of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration told China Daily.

Aside from the helicopter, which can carry 5 tons of cargo, the Xuelong has a small plane with a 1-ton capacity.

Xia said remaining supplies and research equipment needed by coastal posts of the expedition can be delivered by the plane or, when the ice melts, by ship.

The accident will not significantly affect the expedition, he added.

The helicopter, bought from Russia in December 2008, began serving Chinese Antarctic expeditions in 2009 and was on its third such mission when the crash occurred.

The SOA held an emergency response meeting on Friday morning to arrange the next step in dealing with the incident.

China Daily

China Defense Blog: Antarctica chopper down

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It is a Kamov helicopter man. I don't see what is there to be happy. Thankfully the two commoners were saved from a bitter and tragic death. The deaths of these 2 innocent people won't do any damage to their government whom we dislike.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As you speak, what do you think Malaysia's ethnic policy? What is the ambition lie behind the policy?

Ethnic policy? Please watch our Tourism ad... 'Truly Asia." Our ethnic diversity is an asset we are now carefully protecting. In china it is an asset carefully purged...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As you speak, what do you think Malaysia's ethnic policy? What is the ambition lie behind the policy?
Malaysian ethnicity is involved in the Chinese crash?

Why?

The Chinese hired a Malaysian pilot?

mylegend

Malaysian ethnicity is involved in the Chinese crash?

Why?

The Chinese hired a Malaysian pilot?
I just want to tell you Indian and Chinese are both suppressed by the Malaysian government. You can research it yourself, and that was one of reason Singapore quit Malaysia. Just search "Malaysia ethnic policy" or "Malaysia ethnic policy human right" on google you will find the result easily. Hindus suffer more than most other group in Malaysia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8165746.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumiputera_(Malaysia)
http://www.chakranews.com/human-rights-struggles-of-malaysian-hindus-and-other-minorities/1763

Hard working Chinese and Indian's cash is being taking away to make the Malay people happy. That is how the system work.

Malaysian government is one of government that officially discriminate against sectors of their society... Job is being allocate in favor of ethnic policy rather than talent. Actually, Indian face more suppression in Malaysia than Chinese. Non the less, Chinese also suffer discrimination by Malay, that is why Indian in Malaysia want to move to Singapore.

Malaysia have many law code based on ethnic group you belong. Hindus and Malay who got charge the same crime will get completely different result.

Again, research it yourself. It is not so hard, just use Google.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I just want to tell you Indian and Chinese are both suppressed by the Malaysian government. You can research it yourself, and that was one of reason Singapore quit Malaysia. Just search "Malaysia ethnic policy" or "Malaysia ethnic policy human right" on google you will find the result easily. Hindus suffer more than most other group in Malaysia.

BBC News - Malaysia questions ethnic preferencesBumiputera (Malaysia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaHuman Rights Struggles of Malaysian Hindus and Other Minorities | The Chakra News

Hard working Chinese and Indian's cash is being taking away to make the Malay people happy. That is how the system work.

Malaysian government is one of government that officially discriminate against sectors of their society... Job is being allocate in favor of ethnic policy rather than talent. Actually, Indian face more suppression in Malaysia than Chinese. Non the less, Chinese also suffer discrimination by Malay, that is why Indian in Malaysia want to move to Singapore.

Malaysia have many law code based on ethnic group you belong. Hindus and Malay who got charge the same crime will get completely different result.

Again, research it yourself. It is not so hard, just use Google.
Thank you for your kindness and such detailed information.

However, I wonder if I have to research anything. Maybe you could.

Why?

I have lived in Malaysia and I have relatives there to include one who is a Chinese! ;)

mylegend

All I am pointing out that there is a history a racial policy in the country, many people in country might be just fine with it.
13 May incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1969, election riot cause death of 196 people and injured much more, most of the people being killed are minority. And there is a policy that bar Chinese and Indian from owning land. You can check it out yourself.

Anyway, after incident, Malaysian political party tried to avoid uses racial speeches as often as they did before, but the racial policy continued.

Malay might be happy about the the Malaysian government due to strong affirmative action law that benefit the majority ethnic group Malay. However, affirmative action itself is a racial policy, this is something you can not deny.

Ask your relative to find out if there isn't any racial policy, I go to Sabah every summer for vocation. I did not know about those racial policy until some other people toll me about investment on land can only be done by leasing the land from local.

It is not relavant to the story, but I found asianobserve
sometime make racial attack on Chinese in

its reply, that is why I talk about something inrelevant to this post. Because he have no position to

make those attack. Malaysia's biggest opposition party leader stay in Jail for sodomy. Of course,

I am not in the position to attack him in this matter for that China has a dictatorship. All I want

people to know is that there is this forum should really clean up racial attack. I do not make

any myself.

Thank you for your kindness and such detailed information.

However, I wonder if I have to research anything. Maybe you could.

Why?

I have lived in Malaysia and I have relatives there to include one who is a Chinese! ;)

Last edited:

mylegend

Nothing, I just dislike Asianobersever's comment and reply, that is it. As far as the crash, it is a sad incident, and luckily no one was hurt in the incident. If its fault of pilot, then China need better training program, if it is problem of the helicopter, then it is we should go after the Manufacturer to solve the problem, if it is problem due to maintenance then we should improve the process. That is what any country would do after such a incident.
What does Malaysian repression have to do with a Chinese helicopter crashing in Antarctica? :rolleyes:

RedDragon

The Xueying helicopter lies heavily damaged after crashing in Antarctica in the small hours of Friday Beijing time. The two crew members were safely returned to their supporting icebreaker. [Photo / Xinhua]

Both crew members brought to safety; expedition will continue

BEIJING - A helicopter returning from delivering supplies and equipment to the 28th Antarctic research expedition crashed in the small hours of Friday (Beijing time), the State Oceanic Administration (SOA) said. No casualties were reported.

"The crash won't have much effect on the inland scientific expedition at the South Pole, because the delivery of supplies and research equipment there was finished before Wednesday," Qu Tanzhou, director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration, said at a news conference on Friday afternoon.

The two crew members in the Xueying - Snow Eagle - were reported to be safe, though one was slightly injured. They were both brought back to the icebreaker Xuelong, Qu said.

The cause of the crash is under investigation and will be released on the SOA's website in a timely manner, he said.

According to the SOA, the pilot lost control of the craft while flying back to the icebreaker, after delivering supplies to China's Zhongshan research station.

The helicopter crashed into an iceberg after an attempted forced landing failed.

The Antarctic expedition is covered by an 80 million yuan ($12.5 million) accidental damage insurance policy with China Pacific Insurance Co Ltd (CPIC). The helicopter is worth $8.5 million, the SOA said.

"The accident investigation and retrieval of the helicopter are urgent," Qu said.

He said they are trying to find the best way to retrieve the craft and bring it back to the icebreaker, to minimize any environmental impact, without jeopardizing the safety of expedition members.

But he expected the work to be difficult because of the extreme weather conditions at the pole.

"The accident's impact on the 28th Antarctic research expedition is being evaluated," Xia Limin, director of the general management department of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration told China Daily.

Aside from the helicopter, which can carry 5 tons of cargo, the Xuelong has a small plane with a 1-ton capacity.

Xia said remaining supplies and research equipment needed by coastal posts of the expedition can be delivered by the plane or, when the ice melts, by ship.

The accident will not significantly affect the expedition, he added.

The helicopter, bought from Russia in December 2008, began serving Chinese Antarctic expeditions in 2009 and was on its third such mission when the crash occurred.

The SOA held an emergency response meeting on Friday morning to arrange the next step in dealing with the incident.

China Daily

China Defense Blog: Antarctica chopper down
You are too happy.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You are too happy.
That post which gave the info is hardly indicative of happiness on anyone's part.

It is merely a report.

Are you embarrassed?

Please don't be.

These things happen!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

recover the helicopter, fixed it and sell it to Pakistan. they will not only take it but also advertise it freely as worlds best helicopter and will say their pilots can fly it while sleeping, without auto pilot.

AprilLyrics

That post which gave the info is hardly indicative of happiness on anyone's part.

It is merely a report.

Are you embarrassed?

Please don't be.

These things happen!
dont understand the smiley face on title of this thread.

so i use same one on a thread of the India Air Force's Su-30 crash(Dec.13th,2011).

um,it's on the area of Indian Air force,seems to be.

AprilLyrics

recover the helicopter, fixed it and sell it to Pakistan. they will not only take it but also advertise it freely as worlds best helicopter and will say their pilots can fly it while sleeping, without auto pilot.
oh,luckily,the chopper is still in one piece.not like a crashed Su-30

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles