China's top Xinjiang official vows "terrorist" crackdown

lsmr

Laugh``Munich-based World Uighur Congress, Epoch Times=Fake news
Let the storm comes more violent.o(╯□╰)o

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Theoretically u may say Ramadan / fasting is all abt religion, but in the real life how would u tell 'rites' apart from politics/separatism/terrorism, say, in case a "Mullah" in a "religious" gathering calls for a Jihad against infidels??

Chinese and CCP are incredulous of that "religious" veneer and have learnt lots of lessons from the History
- Insurrections mobilized in the faith/'gospel' of "Buddha Maitreya" finally overthrew Yuan Dynasty. On that basis Ming Dynasty was founded
- Taiping Tianguo (Heaven) under "Christianity" shook Qing Dynasty by capturing almost a half of China
- And the Boxing Movement in the form of indigenous faiths, against foreign aggressors

Now Islam...
Fasting is a ritual. There is no Mullah radical supervising it.

Where a Mullah can influence the people is when they give the sermon, which in any case, is already supervised by the Chinese State.

Therefore, the issue of inciting people to do incorrect activities and inciting insurrection is only from the Mosque and even through the loudspeakers at the Mosque.

Fasting has nothing to do with any radical issues. It is like declaring that none can say the Namaz, even within their own homes!

amoy

Fundemental islam and pork eating kafirs don't mix.
Look, in such a theory Saudi and the US would have never mixed

Who hates Shiia the most? Oh - Suni. Are both Muslims? U tell me!

Stay open minded pls

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan? No clues in Hotan or Kashgar lead to a state-sponsored terrorism. Indian psyops won't upset the faith in Sino-Pak partnership, which is time-tested but not religion based
This is where you are wrong about Pakistan. No psyops required. You don't have to look too far. The US is feeling the pain of taking Pak as ally. Their relation too was not religion based.
all the best for your future with your ally pakistan

Iamanidiot

Stay open minded pls
The Brigadier dealt more with the Islamic variety of people than you in your whole life time I think often in hostile environments.May be one should value his opinion more

Country flag

Stay open minded pls
Try eating pork in Pakistan and you will convince me. By the way Americans during the Gulf war in Saudi Arabia were given a list of rules by Saudis on what to eat,alcohol restriction and exposure by female soldiers and behaviors that were considered anti-islamic. Many religious muslims I know consider it a desecration to be touched by a pork eater this has nothing to do with shiite sunni both believe the same thing.

Iamanidiot

Try eating pork in Pakistan and you will convince me. By the way Americans during the Gulf war in Saudi Arabia were given a list of rules by Saudis on what to eat,alcohol restriction and exposure by female soldiers and behaviors that were considered anti-islamic. Many religious muslims I know consider it a desecration to be touched by a pork eater this has nothing to do with shiite sunni both believe the same thing.
Was this your experience as a medic in the 1st gulf war sir

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What can I say? Day dreaming? If you Indian can focus more on get your own things done, India would have been a ok country by now.
That is the unfortunate part of democracy. You just can't ride rough shod over people or their movements, no matter how reprehensible they are.

Unlike Xinjiang, the world media is present in all our trouble spots. Everything is reported and one cannot order out tourists and foreign media from these areas unlike what China did during the Tibet riots. Xinjiang, as it is, is not visited.

You are right, if India could have been as ruthless as China, then India would have been a better place as far as all these types of problems are concerned.

Actually some Uigurs/Uzbek Chinese Talibans were arrested in Afghanistan and were thrown into Guantanamo jail. China asked for repatriation for trials. But the US refused. Finally they were settled in a South Pacific state. Google for it pls
The US may not have repatriated the Uighers back to China possibly because they would be hung without the due process of law, as is understood in the West and elsewhere.

However, it is interesting to know that these Uighur Taliban were settled in a South Pacific state. I googled but nothing came up. What are the links? Are they being used by the US against the Chinese in Xinjiang? It would be worthwhile to know of this since it will allow one to understand the US involvement with the Uighurs. The Uighur leader Kader (?) is US based and this is what I know.

hey, We Chinese often talk about 'face', with idioms like saving face, giving face... So do Indians love to cover up their skeletons in the cupboard for face saving?

Indian communal violence is well known, and Kashmir... A thriving Muslim population? In a cyber world everything gets transparent.

No offense to Islam... But we Chinese know it all too well how terrorists flag their 'cause' under a religion.

Pakistan? No clues in Hotan or Kashgar lead to a state-sponsored terrorism. Indian psyops won't upset the faith in Sino-Pak partnership, which is time-tested but not religion based
Indian communal violence is not new. One is aware of this.

But if you were to compare Kashmir and Xinjiang, it is comparing chalk to cheese.

Here is why:

1. In Kashmir, the identity of Kashmir has not been changed.

In Xinjiang, it has been changed with Han migration and interestingly, the capital of Xinjiang, Urumchi, is not a Uighur city any more, and instead has a Han Chinese majority!

The Uighurs are being sent elsewhere to China under the guise of providing them occupation, when in reality it is to ensure the Uighurs become a minority in their own land (many having gone to China) as also prevent the Uighurs to become a 'nuisance' in Xinjiang or in Mainland China where they are being sent, since they are a minority there and cannot cause problems.

2. No non Kashmiri can buy land or settle in Kashmir.

In Xinjiang, there has been a concerted move to change the demography wherein Hans are moving in and changing the demography with the aim of wiping out the claim that the land was of the Uighurs.

3. The Uighurs identity, to include their culture, language, religion and traditions are under constant attack and being subtly changed (check Google).

Unless a Uighur knows Mandarin, the cannot get a proper job. All white collar jobs are with the Hans and the blue collar coolie jobs are with the Uighurs, no matter if they have degrees in the Uighur language. This discrimination is a subtle way to force Uighurs to enrol for Mandarin education, wherein they are losing their touch with their own indigenous language.

No such pressure is there in Kashmir!

4. Religious restrictions are being imposed by the Chinese on the Uighurs. Apart from not being allowed to undergo the religious ritual as Muslim during Ramzan, one can Google and check that the Uighurs children are not allowed in the Mosque till they reach 18 year of age.

Also, the Muslim mullahs have to be selected by the Chinese Govt and the sermon they deliver on Friday has to be cleared by the Chinese!

Such restrictions are not there in Kashmir!

http://defenceforumindia.com/china-pakistan-defence/24328-uighur-islamic-world.html

Check these sites as well
Uighurs and China's Xinjiang Region - Council on Foreign Relations

Chinese Muslims banned from fasting in Ramadan | MuslimVillage.com

The Jamestown Foundation: Libya Cautions China: Economics Is No Substitute to Politics

Laugh``Munich-based World Uighur Congress, Epoch Times=Fake news
Let the storm comes more violent.o(╯□╰)o
The Usual Chinese way to weasel out - fake news and Epoch Times.

What I gave were not from Epoch Times.

It was from a Muslim site

Here it is again
Chinese Muslims banned from fasting in Ramadan | MuslimVillage.com

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Stay open minded pls
Pork is haram to a Muslim, be he a Shia or a Sunni or a Sufi or whatever.

It is the same as it is for the Jews.

They consider it as an unclean animal and hence have been given religious injunction not to eat it.

That is true that the Sunnis are averse to the Shias and vice versa. But what has that to do with pork?

In Saudi Arabia, the Americans cannot behave in a manner that flouts the Saudi code of conduct. Since the Americans cannot do without the Saudi oil, they comply.

In the US the women can wear hot pants and bikinis. None would dare to do that same in Saudi Arabia.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
O boi... looks like Pakistanis once again were successful in creating a shytestorm for themselves. This will get interesting, if we are to believe that PLA is present these days in POK. After all, NWFP is just a stone throw distance for them from there, isn't it? Gee I hope there is some good action against terrorism. :D

Reactions: Ray

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
2. No non Kashmiri can buy land or settle in Kashmir.
Wrong. The law is applicable only in favor of Kashmiri Muslims, thanks to Omar Abdulla and his double-agent role.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Wrong. The law is applicable only in favor of Kashmiri Muslims, thanks to Omar Abdulla and his double-agent role.
How is it wrong?

Could you educate us?

Article 370 deprives the citizens of India of the right to settle permanently in Jammu and Kashmir.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
How is it wrong?

Could you educate us?

Article 370 deprives the citizens of India of the right to settle permanently in Jammu and Kashmir.
If im not mistaken a similar law is inplace in north east.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is applicable in some form or the other in States having tribal majority or minority being in the majority!

:rofl:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It is applicable in some form or the other in States having tribal majority or minority being in the majority!

:rofl:
My family has some land in meghalaya and cannot sell to mainland Indians.

Whats more we ourselves cant buy more land despite already owning it :lol:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Theoretically u may say Ramadan / fasting is all abt religion, but in the real life how would u tell 'rites' apart from politics/separatism/terrorism, say, in case a "Mullah" in a "religious" gathering calls for a Jihad against infidels??

Chinese and CCP are incredulous of that "religious" veneer and have learnt lots of lessons from the History
- Insurrections mobilized in the faith/'gospel' of "Buddha Maitreya" finally overthrew Yuan Dynasty. On that basis Ming Dynasty was founded
- Taiping Tianguo (Heaven) under "Christianity" shook Qing Dynasty by capturing almost a half of China
- And the Boxing Movement in the form of indigenous faiths, against foreign aggressors

Now Islam...
However i heard millions convert to Christianity secretively inside China and keep it under closed doors?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles