China's HK-JM2 meter-wave (VHF) 500-km range anti-stealth radar | AviationWeek

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
J-20 has canards. The F-22 has even bigger wings.

I gave you a citation from Australia Air Power. That's not a Chinese source.
----------

The J-20 DSI is a good qualitative argument that the J-20 has better RCS than the F-22.

"I would say that the J-20 has a superior RCS, it has better planform alignment, canted weapons bays, DSI inlets, its overall frontal stealth appearance is very similar to the F-22 and F-35."

Source: http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25664
You gave me the citation of air power Australia but it does not prove your point at all.

This is your citation:

"Modelling has determined, that if the production J-20 retains the axisymmetric nozzles and smoothly area ruled sides, the aircraft could at best deliver robust Very Low Observable performance in the nose aspect angular sector."

It talks about low serviceability (Yes not stealth) of nose aspect angular sector and not J 20. So your citation prove opposite to what you want to prove.

Martian

Respected Member
You gave me the citation of air power Australia but it does not prove your point at all.

This is your citation:

"Modelling has determined, that if the production J-20 retains the axisymmetric nozzles and smoothly area ruled sides, the aircraft could at best deliver robust Very Low Observable performance in the nose aspect angular sector."

It talks about low serviceability (Yes not stealth) of nose aspect angular sector and not J 20. So your citation prove opposite to what you want to prove.

Australia Air Power is saying that the J-20 can meet the F-22's VLO RCS performance in the frontal and side views. They are also saying the J-20 is inferior to the F-22, because of the lack of flat stealthy engine nozzles.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The Soviets refused to honor their promise of giving China the blueprint for the atomic bomb. Hence, the Sino-Russian rift of 1960.

China built its own atomic bomb and hydrogen bomb. That's a historical fact.
Agree in later development of Thermonuclear bomb.
But initially Soviets started helping China in 50s. Advisors were sent for developing fissile material and reportedly even missile tech.
(That's also factually correct).
And there's something identical in Indian Story too in starting.
We used Canadian Material to make bombs and then, developed our own. But before we could make thermonukes, we were banned.
Later, detonations of 98 were conducted which malfunctioned(what else can you expect when you were prevented for any kind of nuclear tech for 24 years? tell me. :biggrin2: )

You say China is isolated and has to tackle US, Japan, India etc. alone.
Think about India then. Entire NSG was formed just for stopping us.
All P5+ dozens of countries.
Now after Indo US civil nuclear deal, they are showing some cool. Let's see what happens.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Australia Air Power is saying that the J-20 can meet the F-22's VLO RCS performance in the frontal and side views. They are also saying the J-20 is inferior to the F-22, because of the lack of flat stealthy engine nozzles.
That is it. It can match stealth in some part but not whole+Canard are designed to move. Soon as it moves, it exposes a huge RCS. The part where it is not stealth exposes a huge RCS.

Martian

Respected Member
Agree in later development of Thermonuclear bomb.
But initially Soviets started helping China in 50s. Advisors were sent for developing fissile material and reportedly even missile tech.
(That's also factually correct).
And there's something identical in Indian Story too in starting.
We used Canadian Material to make bombs and then, developed our own. But before we could make thermonukes, we were banned.
Later, detonations of 98 were conducted which malfunctioned(what else can you expect when you were prevented for any kind of nuclear tech for 24 years? tell me. :biggrin2: )

You say China is isolated and has to tackle US, Japan, India etc. alone.
Think about India then. Entire NSG was formed just for stopping us.
All P5+ dozens of countries.
Now after Indo US civil nuclear deal, they are showing some cool. Let's see what happens.
The West gave you a nuclear reactor. They also gave you heavy water.

India received the same basic level of available nuclear materials.

Yet, you can't build a hydrogen bomb. That's the difference.
----------

"Apsara is the oldest of India's research reactors. The reactor was designed by the Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) and built with assistance from the United Kingdom (which also provided the initial fuel supply consisting of 80 percent enriched uranium). Apsara first went critical on 4 August 1956."

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The West gave you a nuclear reactor. They also gave you heavy water.

India received the same basic level of available nuclear materials.

Yet, you can't build a hydrogen bomb. That's the difference.
----------

"Apsara is the oldest of India's research reactors. The reactor was designed by the Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC) and built with assistance from the United Kingdom (which also provided the initial fuel supply consisting of 80 percent enriched uranium). Apsara first went critical on 4 August 1956."
Intelligent person.
Explained you tens of times. :p
India can't test a H-bomb.
Because India's program was under UN eye for 24 years. Attempted a test in 98, may be failed.
And you give metaphor can't build.

Martian

Respected Member
Intelligent person.
Explained you tens of times. :p
India can't test a H-bomb.
Because India's program was under UN eye for 24 years. Attempted a test in 98, may be failed.
And you give metaphor can't build.
No. India flouted international pressure and went ahead with its nuclear tests.

India is not under ANY UN supervision. There are no UN officials stationed in India to watch your military nuclear program.

Stop trying to blame the UN. India failed in its hydrogen bomb test and has no idea how to proceed.
----------

You may not like it, but the fact remains that the clock starts ticking after your first atomic explosion.

India detonated an atomic bomb in 1974.

India's failure to follow up with a hydrogen bomb is on you. Stop trying to blame someone else.

The game is fair. The stopwatch starts when the atomic bomb goes off.

It's been 42 years and India still can't detonate a hydrogen bomb. India has refused to sign the NPT and it will try again when it thinks it's ready. India has not tried again after 1998, because you don't have a new prototype hydrogen bomb.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
No. India flouted international pressure and went ahead with its nuclear tests.

India is not under ANY UN supervision. There are no UN officials stationed in India to watch your military nuclear program.

Stop trying to blame the UN. India failed in its hydrogen bomb test and has no idea how to proceed.
----------

You may not like it, but the fact remains that the clock starts ticking after your first atomic explosion.

India detonated an atomic bomb in 1974.

India's failure to follow up with a hydrogen bomb is on you. Stop trying to blame someone else.

The game is fair. The stopwatch starts when the atomic bomb goes off.

It's been 42 years and India still can't detonate a hydrogen bomb. India has refused to sign the NPT and it will try again when it thinks it's ready. India has not tried again after 1998, because you don't have a new prototype hydrogen bomb.
Ya ya, sanctions dumed our economy.
After 1998, India is growing much faster.
If P5 doesn't want to get blamed, they are welcome to scrap nuclear test ban treaty and promise India not to put hurdles in path.
If you really think India can't develop weapons, I don't care(common sense, we have achieved so much. Don't need to give certificate :biggrin2: )

Or you think us stupid and challenging.

"Come on India, detonate the nukes, get sanctioned."
P5 has played a significant role in blockade of our program and that can never be denied.
Yes, defying sanctions was a bravery but it can't be done every time. Our bravery, our fears, what's your problem.
Or I ask you attack USA today, and not after few decades because China would be powerful than US by that time.
Whatever you say, doing nuke tests today means nuking our economic growth and strategic advantages. :D

Martian

Respected Member
Ya ya, sanctions dumed our economy.
After 1998, India is growing much faster.
If P5 doesn't want to get blamed, they are welcome to scrap nuclear test ban treaty and promise India not to put hurdles in path.
If you really think India can't develop weapons, I don't care(common sense, we have achieved so much. Don't need to give certificate :biggrin2: )

Or you think us stupid and challenging.

"Come on India, detonate the nukes, get sanctioned."
P5 has played a significant role in blockade of our program and that can never be denied.
Yes, defying sanctions was a bravery but it can't be done every time. Our bravery, our fears, what's your problem.
Or I ask you attack USA today, and not after few decades because China would be powerful than US by that time.
Whatever you say, doing nuke tests today means nuking our economic growth and strategic advantages. :D
The argument of fear of sanctions also applied in 1998. That didn't stop India.

India went ahead and conducted its nuclear tests anyway.

Thus, it is a very weak excuse.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The argument of fear of sanctions also applied in 1998. That didn't stop India.

India went ahead and conducted its nuclear tests anyway.

Thus, it is a very weak excuse.
I can't convene you man.
You are forced to jump from a mountain without parachute.
But you even then, managed to survive somehow. :biggrin2:

Now, you want to again jump without parachute. But I'm not in for it.

I will jump later with a parachute (with great power status and more tech(India is setting up Fusion Plants)) because I don't wanna get injured again.
Because it still pains so much.
:biggrin2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles