China's HK-JM2 meter-wave (VHF) 500-km range anti-stealth radar | AviationWeek

Martian

Respected Member
What is the range? .......................
The range is listed in the thread title and the picture caption from AviationWeek.

----------

The AviationWeek article on China's HK-JM2 VHF anti-stealth radar also states the 500-km range.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The range is listed in the thread title and the picture caption from AviationWeek.

----------

The AviationWeek article on China's HK-JM2 VHF anti-stealth radar also states the 500-km range.

Very ordinary range. We had put one radar in Kutch area a long back with a range of 300 to 500 KM. that radar was very small compared to the picture you posted. Now we have developed a radar with 800 KM range to be used in AAD program. Our AD1 and AD2 of THAAD catagory is not too far. test may begin soon.

Martian

Respected Member
Very ordinary range. We had put one radar in Kutch area a long back with a range of 300 to 500 KM. that radar was very small compared to the picture you posted. Now we have developed a radar with 800 KM range to be used in AAD program. Our AD1 and AD2 of THAAD catagory is not too far. test may begin soon.
You claim to have an amazing Indian radar.

You claim to have an amazing Indian thermonuclear bomb.

Unfortunately, the world does not agree with your claims.

My citation of the Chinese HK-JM2 anti-stealth radar comes from AviationWeek. Every claim that I make is backed by a reputable western citation.

You make extraordinary claims, but no one in the West agrees with you.

You live in a fantasy land where India is a premier military technological power. There is no hard evidence to support that proposition. The real world evidence actually points in the other direction. India is a technology follower, not a technology leader.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

My citation of the Chinese HK-JM2 anti-stealth radar comes from AviationWeek. Every claim that I make is backed by a reputable western citation.

You live in a fantasy land where India is a premier military technological power. There is no hard evidence to support that proposition. The real world evidence actually points in the other direction. India is a technology follower, not a technology leader.
Your claim of 463 MT nuclear bomb is one such claim on which only chine gets orgasm. As per western Sources (Very Reliable as per you) china has just 230 Nuclear bomb and that to are of very old technology. So basically you live in fantasy and not me. You are good at having number and nothing else. One russian expert have said that if china goes to war with US, It will loose in first hour of war. Still you think that you can mess with US.

Even your chinese expert says that F 35 with help of some other plane can destroy Lioning. Western expert says that china will loose 40% of their navy to kill single aircraft career. Your own media says that your planes such as J15, J31,J 20 are junk. last year 5 j10 has fallen from the sky.

Still you come here to hype your weapon and power here. It is you who lives in fantasy and not me.

Read here what your chinese experts say about your Junk weapons. I can psot lot more link if you want.

http://greendef.blogspot.in/2013/09/chinese-media-takes-aim-at-j-15-fighter.html

http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2014/12/f-35-poses-danger-to-liaoning-but-cant.html

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-its-fleet-to-sink-a-us-carrier-report.67061/

http://snafu-solomon.blogspot.in/2013/10/china-would-lose-40-of-its-fleet-to.html

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Here is supporting of my claim of 800 Km range od Indian radar.

Swordfish is the target acquisition and fire control radar for the BMD system. The LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi) to 800 km (500 mi) and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball. The DRDO plans to upgrade the capacity of Swordfish to 1,500 km by 2011.[30]

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...tealth-radar-aviationweek.76094/#post-1152714

Infact it had a range of 800 KM way back and it was supposed to be incresed to 1500 KM in 2011 but i do not have the information.

Infact my claim is an understatement.

Martian

Respected Member
Here is supporting of my claim of 800 Km range od Indian radar.

Swordfish is the target acquisition and fire control radar for the BMD system. The LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi) to 800 km (500 mi) and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball. The DRDO plans to upgrade the capacity of Swordfish to 1,500 km by 2011.[30]

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...tealth-radar-aviationweek.76094/#post-1152714

Infact it had a range of 800 KM way back and it was supposed to be incresed to 1500 KM in 2011 but i do not have the information.

Infact my claim is an understatement.
Two points.

1. Swordfish is not an Indian radar. It is based on the Israeli Green Pine radar. Also, the Israeli Green Pine radar is based on an American radar.

2. The Chinese HK-JM2 is a meter-wave VHF anti-stealth radar. Swordfish is not an anti-stealth radar. You can't compare apples to oranges.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
1. Swordfish is not an Indian radar. It is based on the Israeli Green Pine radar. Also, the Israeli Green Pine radar is based on an American radar.
yes

LRTR is based on Green Pine with range of just 300 KM so what?

2. The Chinese HK-JM2 is a meter-wave VHF anti-stealth radar. Swordfish is not an anti-stealth radar. You can't compare apples to oranges.
In LRTR description, it is clearly written that it can trace any target of a tennis ball size. Now is your stealth planes have RCS less than a tennis ball?

Martian

Respected Member
yes

LRTR is based on Green Pine with range of just 300 KM so what?

In LRTR description, it is clearly written that it can trace any target of a tennis ball size. Now is your stealth planes have RCS less than a tennis ball?
From the frontal perspective, the Chinese Chengdu J-20 and Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters have an RCS the size of a marble.

Australia Air Power states the Chengdu J-20 has a frontal RCS comparable to the F-22.

Citation: http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-040711-1.html

"Modelling has determined, that if the production J-20 retains the axisymmetric nozzles and smoothly area ruled sides, the aircraft could at best deliver robust Very Low Observable performance in the nose aspect angular sector."

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
From the frontal perspective, the Chinese Chengdu J-20 and Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters have an RCS the size of a marble.

Australia Air Power states the Chengdu J-20 has a frontal RCS comparable to the F-22.

Citation: http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-040711-1.html

"Modelling has determined, that if the production J-20 retains the axisymmetric nozzles and smoothly area ruled sides, the aircraft could at best deliver robust Very Low Observable performance in the nose aspect angular sector."
J 20's RCS can never be as low as F 22 because it is a big plane with canard and chinese technology is decades behind US. You guys are people of wishful thinking and assume and believe whatever is convent and please your mind set.

Look at your own post. How many ifs and buts are there? It also states that low observebility in nose aspect angular sector only and not whole plane is stealth. Atleast try to understand the meaning of what you quote here. It counters your own claim.

Martian

Respected Member
J 20's RCS can never be as low as F 22 because it is a big plane with canard and chinese technology is decades behind US. You guys are people of wishful thinking and assume and believe whatever is convent and please your mind set.

Look at your own post. How many ifs and buts are there? It also states that low observebility in nose aspect angular sector only and not whole plane is stealth. Atleast try to understand the meaning of what you quote here. It counters your own claim.
You don't know what you're talking about.

J-20 (20 meters) and F-22 (19 meters) are about the same length.

J-20 (4.5 meters) is less high than the F-22 (5 meters).

The J-20 and F-22 dimensions and cross-section are comparable.

Bahamut

It said if high quality RAM are used then RCS will be equal but RCS changes from little thing like rain o dust which increase it ,so it safe to RCS will be double due to environmental factor and

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
You don't know what you're talking about.

J-20 (20 meters) and F-22 (19 meters) are about the same length.

J-20 (4.5 meters) is less high than the F-22 (5 meters).

The J-20 and F-22 dimensions and cross-section are comparable.
Dimension may be comparable but nor RCS at all.

J 20 has big canards that increases the RCS a lot.

Give the RCS figure from any reliable non chinese source to take the argument forward.

Martian

Respected Member
Dimension may be comparable but nor RCS at all.

J 20 has big canards that increases the RCS a lot.

Give the RCS figure from any reliable non chinese source to take the argument forward.
J-20 has canards. The F-22 has even bigger wings.

I gave you a citation from Australia Air Power. That's not a Chinese source.
----------

The J-20 DSI is a good qualitative argument that the J-20 has better RCS than the F-22.

"I would say that the J-20 has a superior RCS, it has better planform alignment, canted weapons bays, DSI inlets, its overall frontal stealth appearance is very similar to the F-22 and F-35."

Source: http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25664

Bahamut

It said if high quality RAM are used then RCS will be equal but RCS changes from little thing like rain o dust which increase it ,so it safe to RCS will be double due to environmental factor .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Off course, A country who was sanctioned from doing nuclear tests and has developed too many techs in civil sector, can't make thermo nukes.

China is a tech leader? Let's see a nuclear powered space mission or another example.
Many Countries work on almost all technologies and sciences.
Someone achieves before someone late.

India's most of achievements in Science and Tech are first mainly contributed in medical biochemistry though and not military.
:dude:

BTW, there's a limit of ignorance and trolling sarcastically.

Martian

Respected Member
Off course, A country who was sanctioned from doing nuclear tests and has developed too many techs in civil sector, can't make thermo nukes.

China is a tech leader? Let's see a nuclear powered space mission or another example.
Many Countries work on almost all technologies and sciences.
Someone achieves before someone late.

India's most of achievements in Science and Tech are first mainly contributed in medical biochemistry though and not military.
:dude:

BTW, there's a limit of ignorance and trolling sarcastically.
India defied sanctions to conduct a second round of nuclear tests in 1998. The first Indian atomic test was in 1974.

You had 24 years to prepare for your hydrogen bomb test. India failed.

China only had 2 years and 8 months to prepare for its first hydrogen bomb test. China succeeded.

I don't think it's reasonable to claim that sanctions held India back.

Also, India has shown it doesn't care about international opinion. When India thinks its ready to conduct a hydrogen bomb test again, it will do so. India's problem is not foreign sanctions, it is the lack of fusion bomb technology.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India defied sanctions to conduct a second round of nuclear tests in 1998. The first Indian atomic test was in 1974.

You had 24 years to prepare for your hydrogen bomb test. India failed.

China only had 2 years and 8 months to prepare for its first hydrogen bomb test. China succeeded.

I don't think it's reasonable to claim that sanctions held India back.

Also, India has shown it doesn't care about international opinion. When India thinks its ready to conduct a hydrogen bomb test again, it will do so. India's problem is not foreign sanctions, it is the lack of fusion bomb technology.
Which country hasn't failed? Yet failure makes the success probability by telling what not to do also.
It's 100% reasonable and valid argument of sanctions.

We were not only blocked from doing test for those 24 years. Our other activities were also kept under eyes uncle Sam.

Now, China. You are claiming like your bomb was 100% homegrown. Are you aware of Soviet Partnership?

Problem isn't lack of technological capability, technology is to be developed.
If not by tests, we can improve performance through civil sector.

I can agree on one thing that
we can't achieve as reliable weapons as P5 possesses without tests.
We have enough time. Nukes can be developed later under the shield of economic and conventional power.
But developing them right now by risking economy. No.
Our suppliers will stop giving us even Uranium. We will do it when time would be right. Obviously, not now. :D

Martian

Respected Member
Which country hasn't failed? Yet failure makes the success probability by telling what not to do also.
It's 100% reasonable and valid argument of sanctions.

We were not only blocked from doing test for those 24 years. Our other activities were also kept under eyes uncle Sam.

Now, China. You are claiming like your bomb was 100% homegrown. Are you aware of Soviet Partnership?

Problem isn't lack of technological capability, technology is to be developed.
If not by tests, we can improve performance through civil sector.

I can agree on one thing that
we can't achieve as reliable weapons as P5 possesses without tests.
We have enough time. Nukes can be developed later under the shield of economic and conventional power.
But developing them right now by risking economy. No.
Our suppliers will stop giving us even Uranium. We will do it when time would be right. Obviously, not now. :D
The Soviets refused to honor their promise of giving China the blueprint for the atomic bomb. Hence, the Sino-Russian rift of 1960.

China built its own atomic bomb and hydrogen bomb. That's a historical fact.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles