China's exports grow 9.4%, but imports drop

Discussion in 'China' started by esolve, Sep 8, 2014.

1. esolve

esolve Regular Member

China's trade surplus with the rest of the world widened to a record of $49.8 billion in August.

BEIJING—China's exports grew 9.4% year-over-year in August, the country's General Administration of Customs said Monday, down from a 14.5% rise in July.

Shipments slightly exceeded the median forecast of 15 economists surveyed by The Wall Street Journal, who had predicted a 9.2% rise.

Meanwhile imports fell by 2.4% on-year, after a 1.6% drop in July. Economists had expected a 2.7% rise in August. Actually, the amount imported is increased, and thus the fall of import is due to fall of price.

China's trade surplus with the rest of the world widened to a record of $49.8 billion in August, from $47.3 billion in July. Economists had predicted a surplus of $42 billion.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Very hi tech stuff - tomatoes!

[​IMG]

fyodor likes this.
  4. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

so it is regarding Tomatoes, i was thinking about overall imports.

5. esolve

esolve Regular Member

I don't know who edited my post. It is overall export
    Major export of China is dominated by electronics and machinery . Agricultural products is only a very tiny part.

anupamsurey likes this.
  6. shiphone

shiphone Senior Member Senior Member

posting news with a link of your souce would be much better....

[​IMG]

China's exports expand 9.4 pct in August - Xinhua | English.news.cn

China's exports expand 9.4 pct in August

BEIJING, Sept. 8 (Xinhua) -- China's exports in August rose 9.4 percent year-on-year to 208.5 billion U.S. dollars, with monthly trade surplus reaching an all-time high of 49.8 billion U.S. dollars, customs data showed on Monday.

China's imports continued to contract last month, with a year-on-year decrease of 2.4 percent, to 158.6 billion U.S. dollars, the General Administration of Customs said in a statement.

Trade surplus in August jumped 77.8 percent year-on-year and hit a record high again, after reaching an all-time high of 47.3 billion U.S. dollars in July, the data showed.

Last month, China's total trade volume rose 4 percent year-on-year to 367.1 billion U.S. dollars.

In the first eight months, total trade edged up by 2.3 percent to 2.77 trillion U.S. dollars, with exports up 3.8 percent to 1.48 trillion U.S. dollars and imports up 0.6 percent to 1.28 trillion U.S. dollars.

7. mylegend

mylegend Regular Member

Ray, what you are proving yourself a person who based his view of world in stereotype. You are a racist. A racist that claim to not be apologist for his racist view.

8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Do you think that I care what a brainwashed, mind controlled robot like you has to say?

Please go to the other thread and indicate how you Chinese are not the racist No I of the world.
    http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-misunderstood-most-indians-5.html#post943402

How what I have appended is racist?

Check what racism is and then come back. I have explained it in the other thread where you were acting as a Jumping Jack!

funny that you exult on tomatoes.

Tomatoes are your life line for your export?

Maybe.

As squishy as tomatoes, right?

9. mylegend

mylegend Regular Member

Ray, when you call Chinese racist, do they use demeaning term of use stereotype when converse with another ethnic group that those terms and stereotype targeted? The answer is most likely no. However, you are the one that present yourself as a racist.

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/china/63320-several-issues-misunderstood-most-indians-6.html

Please read #88 #89 reply from t_co and I. Please do not try to deflect your own racism with false accusation that Chinese are generally racists.