China's Glass Ceiling

mylegend

China's economy was export driven, until only recently when the domestic demand has gained momentum and export growth rate is tumbling down.
It will take some time before the "export driven" tag can be removed completely.
And as far as India-China comparisons are concerned, Indian economic reforms have been more than a decade behind China right from the beginning.
There's catching up to do and China's needling + use of Pakistan against us is not helping the cause either.
China's aggression in the region specially with smaller neighbors is not helping their own cause as well.
They've started blowing hot and cold a bit too soon. Sometimes it is called 'punching above one's weight'.

Regards,
Virendra
Regarding to your question for massive foreign reserve, you need to understand what is foreign reserve. It has two main source foreign investment and export. China has enjoy high level of FDI over last 10 years.

huaxia rox

whats so evil about an export driven economy?? if it were not due to this japan and south korea would remain as poor countries now........

and the economy of some banana republics may be very non export driven so what??? any one can be immune to some major global economic crisis??

and people should look into the whole picture of prcs eonomy........prc actually is a big consumer of basically all the things which just got shadowed by the even bigger amount of foreign trade.......

BBC News - China surpasses US as world's biggest grocery market

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is nothing wrong for any economy to be export driven.

It proves that the manufacturing sector is in fine fettle.

It is just that it was claimed that this was false!

huaxia rox

many are claiming others are false.....easy to find all those then who is not false??? dont tell me the joke that indian economy is real??

besides false in what way??? not that big or not that small in size.........

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
many are claiming others are false.....easy to find all those then who is not false??? dont tell me the joke that indian economy is real??

besides false in what way??? not that big or not that small in size.........
Pray what has it to with Indian economy.

Please note that other Chinese posters are commenting with details, while you are merely on a trolling mode.

We want a discussion and not merely fooling around or poddlefaking.

Please consider yourself warned for repeatedly going off topic and being irrelevant.

Next time, it will be official and I don't give Infractions. I go for the jugular since I give enough rope.

it is false that CHina is a export-driven economy,

Last edited:

huaxia rox

Pray what has it to with Indian economy.

Please note that other Chinese posters are commenting with details, while you are merely on a trolling mode.

We want a discussion and not merely fooling around or poddlefaking.

Please consider yourself warned for repeatedly going off topic and being irrelevant.

Next time, it will be official and I don't give Infractions. I go for the jugular since I give enough rope.
have you read article???

But among these tactical successes, China has been sowing the seeds of a strategic defeat. China's assertiveness is generating intense suspicion, if not outright enmity, among its neighbors. Its "peaceful rise" is not taking place in isolation. There may be echoes in today's Asia of the late-nineteenth century in Europe and North America, but this is the one critical difference. The United States came into its own as a great power without any major challenge from its neighbors, while Germany's ascent was aided by the collapsing Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires and Russian monarchy on its frontiers. China, on the other hand, is surrounded by vibrant countries with fast-growing economies, from South Korea to India to Vietnam, who all believe that this is their time, as well. Even Japan, after two decades of stagnation, still has one of the most formidable navies in the world, as well as the world's third largest economy. China's strategic misfortune is to be bordered by robust and proud nation-states which expect their own stake in the modern world.

China's Glass Ceiling - By Geoff Dyer | Foreign Policy
are you trying to tell me that the article itself talks about india but when i am commenting i cant say india???are you trying to go funny??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
he United States came into its own as a great power without any major challenge from its neighbors, while Germany's ascent was aided by the collapsing Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires and Russian monarchy on its frontiers. China, on the other hand, is surrounded by vibrant countries with fast-growing economies, from South Korea to India to Vietnam, who all believe that this is their time, as well.
That is the opinion of the one who wrote the article and I don't think he could be an Indian.

Note how is that connected with India and who amongst posters has said that India is doing better than China?

I will 'go funny' when you find yourself constricted!

Note: I am still giving you some slack!

Do as other Chinese posters are doing - being relevant and giving details to back what they are saying.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles