China wrecks Indian wall near Tawang

Parthy

Air Warrior
Chinese soldiers damaged a wall erected by India in the disputed area near Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh in an incident being termed as the most important one along the Sino-Indian border this summer.

A senior official said Indian soldiers promptly repaired the wall, and lodged a protest with the local Chinese military commander.

A senior official said the development, which took place a month ago, is the most serious incident along the Sino-Indian border this summer. During summer months, the two sides resort to various tactics to assert the disputed nature of the border. These include long patrols or drives through areas that each assert as disputed. However, it is not routine for each to damage other's property in the disputed areas.

A senior government official said the Chinese soldiers came across to the particular part of Yangtze where India has a wind-breaker wall, stretching for almost 200 metres, and damaged it. The wall, which is a few feet tall and from behind which Indian soldiers carry out occasional monitoring, is an old structure, he said.

The official said about a month ago the Indian side discovered that the Chinese soldiers had damaged the wall, by removing stones from it. He didn't say how extensive was the damage. He said the Indian side lodged a formal protest at a meeting of the local commanders. Indian soldiers also promptly rebuilt the wall, he said.

While the India-China border remains relatively peaceful, such nagging issues continue to highlight the disputed nature of the 4,057-kilometre Line of Actual Control between the two Asian giants.

The official said there have also been at least a couple of instances this summer when the Chinese soldiers tried to drive through the disputed area manned by Indian troops in the Finger Area in northern Sikkim. "Our soldiers stood their ground, and didn't let them go through," he said.

Officials said they do not see any "qualitative" change in the border situation this summer, compared to recent summers. But they added that they are worried about the slow pace of infrastructure development and military modernization. An Army proposal to set up a Mountain Strike Corps for the border is pending with the ministry of defence, while infrastructural developments such as road and rail links are far behind schedule.

China wrecks Indian wall near Tawang - The Times of India

Parthy

Air Warrior
^^^ We can't do anything until we have this corrupt government on board... :mad2: They do not care for anything except looting money from the public and suppressing all social activists protest.... ITS HIGH TIME FOR REVOLUTION....

debasree

Country flag
its chinas aggressive petrol pollicy ,they want to intemedate us by doing this ,simmilarly we should evict the pillars they posted in the disputed area,they only understand the use of force so pay them accordingly.

Parthy

Air Warrior
its chinas aggressive petrol pollicy ,they want to intemedate us by doing this ,simmilarly we should evict the pillars they posted in the disputed area,they only understand the use of force so pay them accordingly.

Our Gov doesn't have balls to take such strong posture against China.. They can't even take a strong posture against corruption or maoist's internal threat....

lord

A senior official said Indian soldiers promptly repaired the wall, and lodged a protest with the local Chinese military commander.
What the hell, they should have better found one of chinese construction and smashed it..
this is the reason why so many invasions took into india.. somebody breaks somnath temple and we rebuild it.. i say apart from rebuilding it, we should first go to their home and smash their lives..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
For countering this, first the Congress has to go... die a death remembered in the history of politics. Until that happens, Even Maldives would send their men and threaten to occupy Kerala.

I am telling you; get rid of this shyte government and everything will come out well.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I somehow doubt that :( I'm pessimistic of all the major parties in that respect .. Congress, BJP, left, right, center .. all of them.
I don't think any of them has that much character to take on these enemies. It'll just be the same wine in a different bottle.

We need a drastic change, if it looks odd or dramatic let it be. I'd say eventually it'll be better than what we have now.

Regards,
Virendra

Regards,
Virendra

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I somehow doubt that :( I'm pessimistic of all the major parties in that respect .. Congress, BJP, left, right, center .. all of them.
I don't think any of them has that much character to take on these enemies. It'll just be the same wine in a different bottle.

We need a drastic change, if it looks odd or dramatic let it be. I'd say eventually it'll be better than what we have now.

Regards,
Virendra

Regards,
Virendra
Yes but the rest are still better than this nuisance. UPA has transformed this country into anarchy. during NDA, Chinese never dared to do so much. अब तो हध ही हो गई!

agentperry

the advisers to acting PM, MoD and all are very wise people. our aggressive posture can bring about many reactions and consequences into play which might be difficult to control in future. moreover if one sees india's preparation on the indo-tibetean border then its pretty much evident that doing the same is like going into war like situation when you know that you dont have enough material in arsenal. chinese are very well prepared to tackle tibet-uprising and Indian aggression simultaneously. moreover making a wal on disputed no-man's land is an act of courage from my point of few and i think its the Indian army that took the aggressive stance initially.

binayak95

Country flag
@agentperry

Are u crazy or what?? Aggressive posture is the call of the day. Does anyone dare to violate the Chinese border? No, because China's aggressive posture. It is rightly said,"If you want peace, prepare for WAR"

arya

Country flag
well if it is about china then keep silence

agentperry

@agentperry

Are u crazy or what?? Aggressive posture is the call of the day. Does anyone dare to violate the Chinese border? No, because China's aggressive posture. It is rightly said,"If you want peace, prepare for WAR"
making wall on the disputed land which is patrolled by both is an aggressive stance and breaking it an aggressive reply and re-building it is an act of open defiance by India.... whats wrong in it... but see as the first lesson in combat science is not to fight the last war we should not repeat the mistakes of 1962 that is ill-prepared adventurism. i hope you got it

Rehan's_Ninjato

China shall continue to bully India unless Mickey Mouse Singh and Con-grace show some spine both in the borders as well as in International diplomacy. China has almost enveloped India through diplomacy and now its tightening its noose though military notoriety - Constant Chinese presence in POK, exercises with Pak and repeated breaches along the LAC and International border.:hail::hail:

Last edited:

lord

China shall continue to bully India unless Mickey Mouse Singh and Con-grace show some spine both in the borders as well as in International diplomacy. :
Gentleman i have no hope in congress.. this is not the congress of indira gandhi.. they are too busy filling their pockets to pose an aggressive stance against china..
and micky mouse is a banker for gods sake.. can u expect a banker to be aggressive?

on the other hand i think bjp and nda is better suited for this.. remember vajpayee ji did nuclear tests and won kargil? he gave go ahead for atlantic incidence.. i mean even at the root level it has cadre of nationalist people..

Parthy

Air Warrior
India lodges protest with China on damage of wall in Arunachal

India has lodged an official protest with China taking cognizance of Chinese troops damaging a retaining wall built by Indian Army in Yangtse in Arunachal Pradesh.

"A portion of a retaining wall built by our troops on our side was damaged by a Chinese patrol on July 30 and we immediately lodged a protest with the Chinese authorities in the opposite region", Army officials said here.

The around 200-metre long wall is made up of large stones put loosely on each other and provides protection to Indian soldiers from icy winds during patrol.

The area is patrolled by troops from both sides as the two sides have a different perception of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the region, they said.

The wall, they said, was repaired by Indian troops who reached the site after the Chinese patrol had left from there.

In the last couple of years, there have been several cases of Chinese troops transgressing into disputed territories which have been attributed to "differences in perception" between the two sides on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

After watching the Chinese side develop a robust military infrastructure along the boundary with it for a long time, India has also started developing its capabilities in the Northeast and Ladakh regions.

It has raised two mountain divisions in Arunachal Pradesh and has deployed squadrons of its frontline Su-30MKI fighters in Assam along with development of road and rail infrastructure.

India lodges protest with China on damage of wall in Arunachal - The Economic Times

invincible

This an important PIL so post pictures and Supreme court PIL should be launched in Delhi. Create a survey team and do a detailed 200 mtrs study using atleast five experts.
There is a weakness in the approach too maybe you want searchlights and other things for a PIL. Put dates of attack and how they approached this wall. Good Job.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles